Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default The 14,500 people over 100 don't have asthma

On Saturday, 5 May 2018 11:32:10 UTC+1, The Natural Philosopher wrote:

I remeber around 1960 my sister came back from France and announced that
they had these things called 'discotheques'

"In the 1950s, dancehalls were common throughout the world. People
danced to the music of a band that usually played cover songs. On 19
October 1959, the former restaurant re-opened as a dancehall, but the
owner did not want to hire a band and used a record player instead.
Klaus Quirini, a volunteer newspaper journalist reporting on the event,
was as bored as most of the visitors and took over the record player. He
used the style common with many radio news reporters, announcing songs
and audience games and giving comments. The first song he played was the
chart hit Ein Schiff wird kommen by Lale Andersen. His style was
immediately popular, and he from then on remained the disc-jockey, one
of the earliest credited DJs. As DJ Heinrich, he organised other DJs to
found a workers' union that made DJ an official (i.e. healthcare
registered) profession."

So 1959 the first official dance to records with a compere.

That was not what I heard years ago.

https://www.theguardian.com/music/20...t-superstar-dj

The term disc jockey wasn't coined until the 1930's. The World's first DJ dance party was thrown by Jimmy Savile in 1943, who played jazz records for his guests. A few years later, Savile became the first man to use turntables to keep the music in continuous play.

No, pollution *causes* asthma.

depending on what you call pollution , when did pollution first start ?

4000 years ago perhaps earlier ?

Pollen is not normally classed as polution.

As well as acting as a *trigger*. This is established medical 'fact'

But we spent more time ouside than inside tobacco smoke filled rooms then..