Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default The 14,500 people over 100 don't have asthma

On Tuesday, 8 May 2018 20:06:39 UTC+1, Rod Speed wrote:
"whisky-dave" wrote in message
On Friday, 4 May 2018 09:29:53 UTC+1, Nightjar wrote:
On 03/05/2018 12:08, whisky-dave wrote:
On Wednesday, 2 May 2018 17:29:37 UTC+1, Nightjar wrote:
In article ,
charles wrote:
In article ,
The Natural Philosopher wrote:
On 02/05/18 09:28, Nightjar wrote:
Asthma is certainly something that I don't recall anybody
knew
as a
child having, which I doubt would be the case today.

At least 4 people in my class at primary school had it and
3-4
in
my
secondary school, as did I.

We didnt advertise the fact tho.

I had a cousin with asthma but that was a rarity in the
1940s.

Think it might have depended on where you live. Pollution
varied
greatly
across the UK.

I grew up in London.

London might be one city but there are differnt places in
London.

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/lond...-a3236611.html

However, that is applying modern standards. According to this
article,
today both NOx and particulates are at a quarter of the level
they
were
in the 1970s:

But they aren't testing like with like, isn't this why we thought
desiel
was the anwser to the pollution problem in the 70s.

In the 70s in our street there were plenty of gaps between
cars now there is no gaps and peole double parking. Yes
cars are spewing out less visable ****, but the stuff coming
out of the modern diesiels along with platiium and lots
more from tires the 'pollution' is more dangerious.

No evidence of that with the tyres.

https://www.theguardian.com/environm...pollutionwatch

Just more journo waffle, not a shred of rigorous scientific evidence
of any health downsides from what comes from tyres.

They had the same problem with smoking no proof that it did any harm.

There was always plenty of rigorous scientific evidence with smoking.

http://www.adweek.com/brand-marketin...brands-165404/

Fantasy.

And with asbestos too.

Only after it was found and publicised.