Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Now you be very careful and afeared of that new smart meter;!

Its out to fry yer brains;!!

https://theecologist.org/2017/jun/06...on-and-health-
why-are-we-neglecting-non-toxic-alternatives
--
Tony Sayer

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 30 Mar 2018 23:09:16 +0100, tony sayer wrote:

Its out to fry yer brains;!!

https://theecologist.org/2017/jun/06...on-and-health-
why-are-we-neglecting-non-toxic-alternatives

Yes, I've come across a few people telling me this!

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 30/03/2018 23:24, Bob Eager wrote:
On Fri, 30 Mar 2018 23:09:16 +0100, tony sayer wrote:

Its out to fry yer brains;!!

https://theecologist.org/2017/jun/06...on-and-health-
why-are-we-neglecting-non-toxic-alternatives

Yes, I've come across a few people telling me this!

The have a linked video showing how smart meter pulses effect the heart!

or maybe.....
how the pulses from a smart meter placed 1m away from the leads going to
someone hooked up to a sensitive EKG machine can also be picked up by
the machine?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Is this the old problem of RF from mobile devices again, but from a smart
meter?
There are ham radio operators all over the world chuckling.
To be honest if you were daft enough to stand in line with a radar scanner
then I'd expect issues, but in this case... really? if it puts out that much
power then think of the cost to the suppliers of all that electricity they
would be using in every house?
Brian

--
----- -
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please!
"tony sayer" wrote in message

Its out to fry yer brains;!!

https://theecologist.org/2017/jun/06...on-and-health-
why-are-we-neglecting-non-toxic-alternatives
--
Tony Sayer

Posted to uk.d-i-y

I think really people making stuff like pacemakers should have tested this
sort of thing well in advance and yes, many ecg machines, as their inputs
are high impedance will pick up pulses of rf if close enough.
Brian

--
----- -

"alan_m" wrote in message
On 30/03/2018 23:24, Bob Eager wrote:
On Fri, 30 Mar 2018 23:09:16 +0100, tony sayer wrote:

Its out to fry yer brains;!!

https://theecologist.org/2017/jun/06...on-and-health-
why-are-we-neglecting-non-toxic-alternatives

Yes, I've come across a few people telling me this!

The have a linked video showing how smart meter pulses effect the heart!

or maybe.....
how the pulses from a smart meter placed 1m away from the leads going to
someone hooked up to a sensitive EKG machine can also be picked up by the
machine?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

alan_m brought next idea :
or maybe.....
how the pulses from a smart meter placed 1m away from the leads going to
someone hooked up to a sensitive EKG machine can also be picked up by the
machine?

That last seems the much more likely..
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Brian Gaff submitted this idea :
To be honest if you were daft enough to stand in line with a radar scanner
then I'd expect issues, but in this case... really? if it puts out that much
power then think of the cost to the suppliers of all that electricity they
would be using in every house?

I don't believe there is a problem from the RF, but the RF and power
used is a very short and intermitant pulse of energy and energy used.
Remember, the gas meter uses a tiny battery to power the transmission
and that has to last for many years.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Brian Gaff wrote:

Is this the old problem of RF from mobile devices again

Well, it's the problem of nutters who fear any RF, at any power level,
at any distance ...
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sat, 31 Mar 2018 09:35:30 +0100, Andy Burns
wrote:

Brian Gaff wrote:

Is this the old problem of RF from mobile devices again

Well, it's the problem of nutters who fear any RF, at any power level,
at any distance ...

& use their mobile (or wifi linked iThing) to tell everyone about it

Avpx

--
"Reflected-sound-of-underground-spirits?" Economics explained
(Terry Pratchett, The Colour of Magic)
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 31/03/2018 09:35, Andy Burns wrote:
Brian Gaff wrote:

Is this the old problem of RF from mobile devices again

Well, it's the problem of nutters who fear any RF, at any power level,
at any distance ...

Consider if the EKG equipment is picking up the same magnitude of energy
from the heart as from a smart meter there must be a much bigger risk
when in close proximity to someone else. A night in bed with your
partner could be fatal!

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Saturday, 31 March 2018 09:22:20 UTC+1, Brian Gaff wrote:
I think really people making stuff like pacemakers should have tested this
sort of thing well in advance

I don't know how long pacemakers last but some people must have quite old ones which predate smart meters.

Owain

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Brian Gaff wrote:

Is this the old problem of RF from mobile devices again

Well, it's the problem of nutters who fear any RF, at any power level,
at any distance ...

Mobile phones modulate their output power to the lowest level
needed for communication. I believe this is why you should not
use your phone in a plane, because it tries maximum power.

Do smart meters carry out this same process ?.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Andrew wrote:

Mobile phones modulate their output power to the lowest level
needed for communication. I believe this is why you should not
use your phone in a plane, because it tries maximum power.

Do smart meters carry out this same process ?.

Smart meters will use off-the-shelf transceiver modules (zigbee,
wireless-mbus, sigfox, etc) which will use ISM frequencies at permitted
power levels, if your stairlift can't cope with sharing the bandwidth
with other devices, it's the stairlift's fault ...
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Andrew explained on 31/03/2018 :
Mobile phones modulate their output power to the lowest level
needed for communication. I believe this is why you should not
use your phone in a plane, because it tries maximum power.

Do smart meters carry out this same process ?.

Yes, exactly the same as a mobile phone would, but then not many people
sit with a meter next to their brain all day and RF's effect follows
the inverse square law.

Those most vocal at complaining about mobile masts, are often the ones
who make a lot of use of their mobiles. RF output from a phone is not
much less than that from a mast, but they are quite happy to put the
mobile next to their brain. The more masts there are, the less power
the phone needs to use to communicate with it, the lower the risk - yet
they complain about the health risks of living near a mast.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

alan_m wrote:

10 years ago the USA had 2 million smart meters installed and currently
has 70+ million.

I understand the smart meters in the USA work differently, i.e. they
have street/neighbourhood level mesh networking to allow them to be read
without using mobile phone networks ...
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Andy Burns wrote:

Brian Gaff wrote:

Is this the old problem of RF from mobile devices again

Well, it's the problem of nutters who fear any RF, at any power
level, at any distance ...

Well it might explain why the hams are such an obnoxious wunch of
bankers.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 31/03/2018 00:15, alan_m wrote:
On 30/03/2018 23:24, Bob Eager wrote:
On Fri, 30 Mar 2018 23:09:16 +0100, tony sayer wrote:

Its out to fry yer brains;!!

https://theecologist.org/2017/jun/06...on-and-health-
why-are-we-neglecting-non-toxic-alternatives

Yes, I've come across a few people telling me this!

The have a linked video showing how smart meter pulses effect the heart!

or maybe.....
how the pulses from a smart meter placed 1m away from the leads going to
someone hooked up to a sensitive EKG machine can also be picked up by
the machine?

Agreed. FFS I can't see them producing the sort of electromagnetic
fields that you get from an arc welder.