Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Smart Meter now working, but not for long

Ever since I had SM's installed, the indoor display has never provided
a sensible number for the Estimated Cost. It had always just shown the
total cost since it was first installed, adding the cost each month -
not taking into account the direct debits I was paying each month
against my account.

So, the indoor display was just left in a drawer, once the novelty wore
off. Last week I gave it another go and once it had synched its data,
it was showing some sensible numbers for this months cost/consumption.

What is more, the estimated cost of both E & G dropped to near zero
just after my DD went out. So it seems my SM's are getting some
feedback from my utility providers system.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

on 02/11/2017, Harry Bloomfield supposed :
Ever since I had SM's installed, the indoor display has never provided a
sensible number for the Estimated Cost. It had always just shown the total
cost since it was first installed, adding the cost each month - not taking
into account the direct debits I was paying each month against my account.

So, the indoor display was just left in a drawer, once the novelty wore off.
Last week I gave it another go and once it had synched its data, it was
showing some sensible numbers for this months cost/consumption.

What is more, the estimated cost of both E & G dropped to near zero just
after my DD went out. So it seems my SM's are getting some feedback from my
utility providers system.

Oh, the 'not for long' - I am on the verge of switching to a new
utility supplier, so the SM's will no longer work as SM's.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Harry Bloomfield wrote:

Ever since I had SM's installed, the indoor display has never provided
a sensible number for the Estimated Cost.

While I was with e.on (who fitted them) they always gave an accurate
instantaneous cost and accurate hourly/daily/weekly/monthly/annual
graphs on the IHD.

It had always just shown the
total cost since it was first installed, adding the cost each month -
not taking into account the direct debits I was paying each month
against my account.

Mine didn't claim to show an amount owing, so didn't build up throughout
the month then drop to zero when the DD was paid.

Once I moved to ScotPower, it kept the kWh readings, but priced them at
0p, would be better instead if it simply didn't display costs, rather
than showing 0.00