Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Outfox the market energy suppliers?.

Anyone had any experience with this lot. They do seem that bit cheaper
than most anyone else?.

https://www.outfoxthemarket.co.uk/Home.aspx
--
Tony Sayer

Posted to uk.d-i-y
ss ss is offline

On 13/03/2018 21:20, tony sayer wrote:

Anyone had any experience with this lot. They do seem that bit cheaper
than most anyone else?.

https://www.outfoxthemarket.co.uk/Home.aspx

Based on their quote they were £120 per year more expensive than my
current supplier.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article , ss
scribeth thus
On 13/03/2018 21:20, tony sayer wrote:

Anyone had any experience with this lot. They do seem that bit cheaper
than most anyone else?.

https://www.outfoxthemarket.co.uk/Home.aspx

Based on their quote they were 120 per year more expensive than my
current supplier.

Can you say who that is at all?..
--
Tony Sayer

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 13 Mar 2018 21:59:06 +0000, ss wrote:

On 13/03/2018 21:20, tony sayer wrote:

Anyone had any experience with this lot. They do seem that bit cheaper
than most anyone else?.

https://www.outfoxthemarket.co.uk/Home.aspx

Based on their quote they were 120 per year more expensive than my
current supplier.

That must be one hell of a deal you have or a strange usage level or a strange
location because at typical 'low' dual fuel usage (OFGEM TDCV 8000kWh Gas
1900kWh electricity) they are pricing at around 70 quid per annum below the
likes of Eon (currently the lowest of the big six) on a 12 month fix but with
50 per fuel exit penalties rather than 30 with Eon, plus they have a standing
charge of zero. They are also cheaper by about the same amount at the medium
and high dual fuel typical consumption levels too.

https://www.ofgem.gov.uk/gas/retail-...umption-values

Me? I wouldn't touch them with a bargepole. Low cost suppliers have gone under
in the past and they will do in the future. Then you get lumbered with whoever
OFGEM decides. It could be another bunch of shysters.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

ss wrote:

On 13/03/2018 21:20, tony sayer wrote:

Anyone had any experience with this lot. They do seem that bit cheaper
than most anyone else?.

https://www.outfoxthemarket.co.uk/Home.aspx

Based on their quote they were 120 per year more expensive than my
current supplier.

I am afraid the baby talk they use might put me off. The "membership
fee" is a clever way of using a standing charge which actually
increases with the amount of fuel used and therefore the real rate paid
is higher than the quoted one. I wonder if this is just to confuse the
customer or whether it also confuses price comparison sites? There
are number of silly mistakes in their contract. For instance, do they
really mean that a day is only treated as a bank holiday if it is one in
England *and* Scotland?

It was a clever move for a Conservative government to set up a scheme
whereby their pals could set up supply companies with minimal investment
and at the same time forbid the existing companies to offer cheap rates.
The net effect is to fund various 'entrepreneurs' out of extra charges
to those in the habit of looking for bargains.

--

Roger Hayter

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 13/03/2018 21:20, tony sayer wrote:

Anyone had any experience with this lot. They do seem that bit cheaper
than most anyone else?.

https://www.outfoxthemarket.co.uk/Home.aspx

https://clubs.moneysavingexpert.com/cheapenergyclub/

suggests that I could save £59/year with this company (dual fuel and an
18 month contract) but currently I would have to pay £60 in exit fees
with my current supplier so no actual savings. The club lists this
supplier as the second cheapest for my yearly consumption figures. They
list Breeze as being slightly cheaper by a few quid per year.

outfoxthemarket has £100 exit penalties

The cheapenergyclub also says:

Company info: Leicester-based Outfox the Market launched in September
2017, offering 100% renewable electricity.

Further info: Outfox the Market charges a monthly membership fee
depending on your level of usage instead of a standing charge. However,
we include this in your costs as a daily standing charge by spreading
the annual price of membership over 365 days. It also takes direct
debits in advance, so your first payment may overlap with your final
payment(s) to your current provider.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

tony sayer wrote:

Anyone had any experience with this lot. They do seem that bit cheaper
than most anyone else?.

https://www.outfoxthemarket.co.uk/Home.aspx

I noticed them, they are based near here, the address is somewhat
backstreet, their sister company sells expensive german electric
radiator replacements ... check reviews

https://www.trustpilot.com/review/www.fischerfutureheat.com?utm_medium=Trustbox&utm_ source=Carousel&languages=en&stars=1
Posted to uk.d-i-y

The Other Mike wrote:

On Tue, 13 Mar 2018 21:59:06 +0000, ss wrote:

On 13/03/2018 21:20, tony sayer wrote:

Anyone had any experience with this lot. They do seem that bit cheaper
than most anyone else?.

https://www.outfoxthemarket.co.uk/Home.aspx

Based on their quote they were 120 per year more expensive than my
current supplier.

That must be one hell of a deal you have or a strange usage level or a
strange location because at typical 'low' dual fuel usage (OFGEM TDCV
8000kWh Gas 1900kWh electricity) they are pricing at around 70 quid per
annum below the likes of Eon (currently the lowest of the big six) on a 12
month fix but with 50 per fuel exit penalties rather than 30 with Eon,
plus they have a standing charge of zero. They are also cheaper by about
the same amount at the medium and high dual fuel typical consumption
levels too.

They say in the advertising blurb they don't have a standing charge
(though their contract says they do! - this could be an error) but they
charge a compulsory graduated "membership fee" rising with fuel usage.
This rather needs including in any price calculation.

https://www.ofgem.gov.uk/gas/retail-...nd-statistics/
typical-domestic-consumption-values

Me? I wouldn't touch them with a bargepole. Low cost suppliers have gone
under in the past and they will do in the future. Then you get lumbered
with whoever OFGEM decides. It could be another bunch of shysters.

--

Roger Hayter
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"tony sayer" wrote in message

Anyone had any experience with this lot. They do seem that bit cheaper
than most anyone else?.

don't forget the (approx) 100 pa "membership fee"

that's equivalent to one sixth of my total bill

tim

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 14/03/2018 10:17, tim... wrote:

"tony sayer" wrote in message

Anyone had any experience with this lot. They do seem that bit cheaper
than most anyone else?.

don't forget the (approx) 100 pa "membership fee"

that's equivalent to one sixth of my total bill

What percentage of your bill is the daily standing charge levied by
other suppliers? The membership fee is just a way of of charging a
variable standing charge which probably will be higher in the winter but
lower in the summer.

Daily standing charges from many suppliers are around 20p/day per fuel
365 days @ £0.40 = £146

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 13/03/2018 23:25, alan_m wrote:

The cheapenergyclub also says:

Company info: Leicester-based Outfox the Market launched in September
2017, offering 100% renewable electricity.

Has anyone added up all the total volume from all suppliers claiming to
be "100% renewable"?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 14/03/18 11:31, newshound wrote:
On 13/03/2018 23:25, alan_m wrote:

The cheapenergyclub also says:

Company info: Leicester-based Outfox the Market launched in September
2017, offering 100% renewable electricity.

Has anyone added up all the total volume from all suppliers claiming to
be "100% renewable"?

I would give my eye teeth for a contract that was 0% renewable.

fully understood.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wednesday, 14 March 2018 14:11:30 UTC, The Natural Philosopher wrote:
On 14/03/18 11:31, newshound wrote:
On 13/03/2018 23:25, alan_m wrote:

The cheapenergyclub also says:

Company info: Leicester-based Outfox the Market launched in September
2017, offering 100% renewable electricity.

Has anyone added up all the total volume from all suppliers claiming to
be "100% renewable"?

I would give my eye teeth for a contract that was 0% renewable.

hind teeth, unless your eyes really do have teeth.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 14 Mar 2018 15:59:47 +0000, Jethro_uk
wrote:

On Wed, 14 Mar 2018 14:11:26 +0000, The Natural Philosopher wrote:

On 14/03/18 11:31, newshound wrote:
On 13/03/2018 23:25, alan_m wrote:

The cheapenergyclub also says:

Company info: Leicester-based Outfox the Market launched in September
2017, offering 100% renewable electricity.

Has anyone added up all the total volume from all suppliers claiming
to be "100% renewable"?

I would give my eye teeth for a contract that was 0% renewable.

I'd happily have a nuclear reactor in my back garden.

AOL

Avpx

--
Granny knew all about bad fortune telling. It was harder than the real
thing. You needed a good imagination.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 14/03/18 15:59, Jethro_uk wrote:
On Wed, 14 Mar 2018 14:11:26 +0000, The Natural Philosopher wrote:

On 14/03/18 11:31, newshound wrote:
On 13/03/2018 23:25, alan_m wrote:

The cheapenergyclub also says:

Company info: Leicester-based Outfox the Market launched in September
2017, offering 100% renewable electricity.

Has anyone added up all the total volume from all suppliers claiming to
be "100% renewable"?

I would give my eye teeth for a contract that was 0% renewable.

I'd happily have a nuclear reactor in my back garden.

Well not a BIG one. It wouldnt fit.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wednesday, 14 March 2018 17:24:34 UTC, The Natural Philosopher wrote:
On 14/03/18 14:31, tabbypurr wrote:
On Wednesday, 14 March 2018 14:11:30 UTC, The Natural Philosopher wrote:
On 14/03/18 11:31, newshound wrote:
On 13/03/2018 23:25, alan_m wrote:

Has anyone added up all the total volume from all suppliers claiming to
be "100% renewable"?

I would give my eye teeth for a contract that was 0% renewable.

hind teeth, unless your eyes really do have teeth.

http://www.dictionary.com/browse/give-one-s-eyeteeth

well that's new one on me

stupid pussy.

I see you're being childish again.

It's the same situation with free range eggs, the number sold exceeds the number produced by some margin.

NT
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 14/03/2018 17:51, Martin wrote:
On Wed, 14 Mar 2018 15:59:47 -0000 (UTC), Jethro_uk
wrote:

On Wed, 14 Mar 2018 14:11:26 +0000, The Natural Philosopher wrote:

On 14/03/18 11:31, newshound wrote:
On 13/03/2018 23:25, alan_m wrote:

The cheapenergyclub also says:

Company info: Leicester-based Outfox the Market launched in September
2017, offering 100% renewable electricity.

Has anyone added up all the total volume from all suppliers claiming to
be "100% renewable"?

I would give my eye teeth for a contract that was 0% renewable.

I have a Dutch contract that is 100% renewable. All I did was choose the
cheapest. Despite having 100% clean power I have to pay almost 50% on top of the
bill for environment tax.

I'd happily have a nuclear reactor in my back garden.

I'd be happy if I had a back garden big enough for a nuclear reactor

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BES-5 for 3 kWe

Less than a ton, 0.6 m long 0.2 m diameter

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TOPAZ_nuclear_reactor for 5kWe

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

[...]

And no sheilding to speak of, sincve its designed for space operation :-)

Bugger that,. the answer is as I have always said a plutonium powered AGA.

serviced everyt 20 years when the output falls off.

--
It is hard to imagine a more stupid decision or more dangerous way of
who pay no price for being wrong.

Thomas Sowell

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article , tim...
scribeth thus

"tony sayer" wrote in message

Anyone had any experience with this lot. They do seem that bit cheaper
than most anyone else?.

don't forget the (approx) 100 pa "membership fee"

that's equivalent to one sixth of my total bill

tim

Well I've checked the best price we can get where we are for the amount
we're using and they still come out better then the cheapest so we'll
give them a go.

Dunno just how they get green electrons to whizz down the wires tho;!..
--
Tony Sayer

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 14/03/2018 21:53, tony sayer wrote:

Well I've checked the best price we can get where we are for the amount
we're using and they still come out better then the cheapest so we'll
give them a go.

Dunno just how they get green electrons to whizz down the wires tho;!..

I just wonder if the membership fee could change during the contract.
assuming a fixed tariff and a 12/18 month contract. This may be their
way of raising the overall price without having to give the customer the
option of changing the supplier without penalty.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
alo alo is offline

On Tue, 13 Mar 2018 21:20:07 +0000, tony sayer
wrote:

Anyone had any experience with this lot. They do seem that bit cheaper
than most anyone else?.

https://www.outfoxthemarket.co.uk/Home.aspx

Confusing terms and conditions: (What does it mean and which is
accurate....it is confusing me anyway)

https://www.outfoxthemarket.co.uk/Te...onditions.aspx

3.4
You can cancel your contract with us at any time either in writing, by
email, web chat or over the phone. You will incur no exit fees at any
stage.

3.9
You can cancel your contract with us at any time either in writing, by
email, web chat or over the phone. You will incur a 50 exit fee per
fuel if you choose to do so.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

alo wrote:
Confusing terms and conditions: (What does it mean and which is
accurate....it is confusing me anyway)

https://www.outfoxthemarket.co.uk/Te...onditions.aspx

3.4
You can cancel your contract with us at any time either in writing, by
email, web chat or over the phone. You will incur no exit fees at any
stage.

That's under the heading 'The Zapp! Tariff', which is a variable tariff.

3.9
You can cancel your contract with us at any time either in writing, by
email, web chat or over the phone. You will incur a £50 exit fee per
fuel if you choose to do so.

That's under the heading 'Whack! January Tariff', which is a fixed-rate
deal.

Theo
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

Anyone had any experience with this lot. They do seem that bit cheaper
than most anyone else?.

https://www.outfoxthemarket.co.uk/Home.aspx

Confusing terms and conditions: (What does it mean and which is
accurate....it is confusing me anyway)

https://www.outfoxthemarket.co.uk/Te...onditions.aspx

3.4
You can cancel your contract with us at any time either in writing, by
email, web chat or over the phone. You will incur no exit fees at any
stage.

3.9
You can cancel your contract with us at any time either in writing, by
email, web chat or over the phone. You will incur a £50 exit fee per
fuel if you choose to do so.

They have 2 tariffs

One is the variable tariff with no exit fee the other is the fixed
contract for 18 months which has an exit fee of £50 per fuel.

Their T&C are badly written.
3.1 Your contract will be for the Zapp! Tariff
3.6 Your contract will be for the Whack! January tariff in your region

The "fixed" price may alter as the membership fee seems to be a charge
and not a tariff.
3.2 We may increase the charges you pay under your tariff by providing
you with 30 days advance notice.
3.7 Under the Whack! January tariff, the unit rate element is fixed.
However, membership fee may still vary depending on usage and Outfox
reserves the right to review and increase your charges under this where
necessary.

When the wind doesn't blow and the sun doesn't shine they could cut you
off.....
3.10 Please be aware that there will also be volume limits that will
affect whether we can supply you.

They claim in their advertising no standing charges.
6.2. Well calculate the charges for your supply using:
A standing charge, for each Meter Point Reference Number (MPRN) or
Meter Point Administration Number (MPAN) registered to your property.

It's not clear that the amount they quote is inclusive of VAT.
6.4 Well add VAT to our charges at the applicable rate (currently 5%
for energy usage, 20% for any other charges).

There are many more ambiguous terms and conditions which could mean that
heads we win, tails you lose.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

alan_m expressed precisely :
I just wonder if the membership fee could change during the contract.
assuming a fixed tariff and a 12/18 month contract. This may be their way of
raising the overall price without having to give the customer the option of
changing the supplier without penalty.

As I understand it, if they change the contract, they have to give you
prior warning and you can then leave without any penalty.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

alan_m wrote:

Company info: Leicester-based Outfox the Market launched in September
2017, offering 100% renewable electricity.

So what happens if we *all* change to suppliers offering "100%
renewable electricity"?

--
Chris Green
·
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 15 Mar 2018 13:34:43 GMT, Harry Bloomfield wrote:

I just wonder if the membership fee could change during the

contract.
assuming a fixed tariff and a 12/18 month contract. This may be

their
way of raising the overall price without having to give the

customer
the option of changing the supplier without penalty.

As I understand it, if they change the contract, they have to give you
prior warning and you can then leave without any penalty.

It's a "membership fee". Is that actually part of the contract for
electricity supply? You can join a club and pay a membership fee just
to be a member. You then pay, under seperate agreements, for the
benfits the club offers and you choose.

--
Cheers
Dave.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 13/03/18 21:20, tony sayer wrote:

Anyone had any experience with this lot. They do seem that bit cheaper
than most anyone else?.

https://www.outfoxthemarket.co.uk/Home.aspx

I don't know about them but I've just spent a torrid month trying to
switch from Iresa, another energy minnow. It's currently under
investigation by Ofgem for appalling customer service (I can vouch for
that).

I'd take account of its reputation for customer service as well as the
price.

Another Dave

--
Change nospam to techie

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Another Dave wrote:

On 13/03/18 21:20, tony sayer wrote:

Anyone had any experience with this lot. They do seem that bit cheaper
than most anyone else?.

https://www.outfoxthemarket.co.uk/Home.aspx

I don't know about them but I've just spent a torrid month trying to
switch from Iresa, another energy minnow. It's currently under
investigation by Ofgem for appalling customer service (I can vouch for
that).

I'd take account of its reputation for customer service as well as the
price.

Another Dave

As a fellow Iresa customer, they also have an appalling inability to
calculate a simple electricity bill. For instance they calculated my
bill for the period 1st February to 26th of February, then again from
the 1st of February to the 28th of February and then added the two
figures together to calculate a charge for the month. I dare say we
will resolve it in the end, even if it means taking them to court. But
it probably means changing supplier first if only to avoid a constantly
changing claim.

--

Roger Hayter
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 16/03/18 10:10, Roger Hayter wrote:

As a fellow Iresa customer, they also have an appalling inability to
calculate a simple electricity bill. For instance they calculated my
bill for the period 1st February to 26th of February, then again from
the 1st of February to the 28th of February and then added the two
figures together to calculate a charge for the month. I dare say we
will resolve it in the end, even if it means taking them to court. But
it probably means changing supplier first if only to avoid a constantly
changing claim.

A tip. If you're a dual-fuel customer make sure both electricity and gas
accounts are in credit before you start. Although I had a single direct
debit they apportioned its value to two accounts. Although in total I
was well in credit the electricity "account" was in debit which led them
to object to the transfer. I told them to move cash from the gas
"account" which they (eventually) did making the electricity balance
zero. However, their computer system, for some literally unaccountable
reason, regards zero as a debt so they objected again. Even though I
pointed out the problem they objected again. And again.

Eventually, after an actual letter and emails from the Resolver website,
they let it through. I still await the final settlement, but at least
they can't take any more money off me because I canceled the direct
debit right at the start. We must be, after all this time, about quits.

Another Dave
--
Change nospam to techie
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Another Dave wrote:

[...]

Thanks for the tip. Fortunately, or for most purposes unfortunately, we
don't have gas.

--

Roger Hayter
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article , alo
scribeth thus

-----

Confusing terms and conditions: (What does it mean and which is
accurate....it is confusing me anyway)

https://www.outfoxthemarket.co.uk/Te...onditions.aspx

3.4
You can cancel your contract with us at any time either in writing, by
email, web chat or over the phone. You will incur no exit fees at any
stage.

3.9
You can cancel your contract with us at any time either in writing, by
email, web chat or over the phone. You will incur a 50 exit fee per
fuel if you choose to do so.

Yes they do seem to be rather ambiguous;! But still if that are as cheap
as they say they are, their quoted prices are VAT inclusive, and there
aren't as yet any adverse trust pilot reviews we'll have a punt on
them!..
--
Tony Sayer

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article , alan_m
scribeth thus

-------

[...]

Well at least we haven't got a smart meter!.

They seem to have a tie up with Dong Energy for north sea wind perhaps
they buy from them and if they can't supply then they must go elsewhere?

3.10 Please be aware that there will also be volume limits that will
affect whether we can supply you.

I think thats them defining the line between Domestic and business?.

They claim in their advertising no standing charges.
6.2. Well calculate the charges for your supply using:
A standing charge, for each Meter Point Reference Number (MPRN) or
Meter Point Administration Number (MPAN) registered to your property.

It's not clear that the amount they quote is inclusive of VAT.

Well in a mail from them they say their prices are VAT inclusive.

6.4 Well add VAT to our charges at the applicable rate (currently 5%
for energy usage, 20% for any other charges).

Well energy charges are 5:% VAT but other charges can't think of any
that their might be unless there in some way not energy related?.

There are many more ambiguous terms and conditions which could mean that
heads we win, tails you lose.

I expect that Ofgem will see to those;!
--
Tony Sayer

Posted to uk.d-i-y

tony sayer wrote:

there aren't as yet any adverse trust pilot reviews

You haven't looked very hard if you think that ...

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article , Andy Burns
scribeth thus
tony sayer wrote:

there aren't as yet any adverse trust pilot reviews

You haven't looked very hard if you think that ...

Perhaps many, but then again its an energy supplier so some grief is
part of that territory

Still at least we have a bit of a choice in energy supply i cant as yet
find any competitors to take the **** away from the house;!!
--
Tony Sayer

Posted to uk.d-i-y

tony sayer wrote:

Andy Burns wrote:

tony sayer wrote:

there aren't as yet any adverse trust pilot reviews

You haven't looked very hard if you think that ...

Perhaps many, but then again its an energy supplier so some grief is
part of that territory

Of course disgruntled people will be more vocal than those who are happy
with the service, but it's the "customer is never right" tone in their

https://www.trustpilot.com/review/www.outfoxthemarket.co.uk?stars=1
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article , Andy Burns
scribeth thus
tony sayer wrote:

Andy Burns wrote:

tony sayer wrote:

there aren't as yet any adverse trust pilot reviews

You haven't looked very hard if you think that ...

Perhaps many, but then again its an energy supplier so some grief is
part of that territory

Of course disgruntled people will be more vocal than those who are happy
with the service, but it's the "customer is never right" tone in their

https://www.trustpilot.com/review/www.outfoxthemarket.co.uk?stars=1

Dunno really, a lot of them are because the customer hasn't read what's
stated on their website like they don't cater for smart meters or
prepayment ones. If you change the complaint level to 5 or full it gives
a better picture.At least they do respond which I suppose must take up
some time too!

https://www.trustpilot.com/review/ww....co.uk?stars=5

Anyways we'll see!..
--
Tony Sayer
..

Posted to uk.d-i-y

replying to tony sayer, Just A Thought wrote:
Take note of the negatives on Trustpilot and not the positive ratings. If you
look at the positive ratings and the company responses to positive ratings you
will see a distinct pattern which suggests they are all written by the same
person. I complained to Trustpilot but to no avail. Tell me of any other
company under review where the staff are always personally named. So the
positive rate is hiked to attract more customers. They try to block customers
leaving them and the "membership fee" is not regulated. The negative reviews
on the company appear accurate therefore portray the company more accurately.

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/uk-diy...s-1275536-.htm