Posted to uk.d-i-y
Another Dave Another Dave is offline

Default Outfox the market energy suppliers?.

On 16/03/18 10:10, Roger Hayter wrote:

As a fellow Iresa customer, they also have an appalling inability to
calculate a simple electricity bill. For instance they calculated my
bill for the period 1st February to 26th of February, then again from
the 1st of February to the 28th of February and then added the two
figures together to calculate a charge for the month. I dare say we
will resolve it in the end, even if it means taking them to court. But
it probably means changing supplier first if only to avoid a constantly
changing claim.

A tip. If you're a dual-fuel customer make sure both electricity and gas
accounts are in credit before you start. Although I had a single direct
debit they apportioned its value to two accounts. Although in total I
was well in credit the electricity "account" was in debit which led them
to object to the transfer. I told them to move cash from the gas
"account" which they (eventually) did making the electricity balance
zero. However, their computer system, for some literally unaccountable
reason, regards zero as a debt so they objected again. Even though I
pointed out the problem they objected again. And again.

Eventually, after an actual letter and emails from the Resolver website,
they let it through. I still await the final settlement, but at least
they can't take any more money off me because I canceled the direct
debit right at the start. We must be, after all this time, about quits.

Another Dave
--
Change nospam to techie