Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Outfox the market energy suppliers?.

On Thu, 15 Mar 2018 13:34:43 GMT, Harry Bloomfield wrote:

I just wonder if the membership fee could change during the

contract.
assuming a fixed tariff and a 12/18 month contract. This may be

their
way of raising the overall price without having to give the

customer
the option of changing the supplier without penalty.

As I understand it, if they change the contract, they have to give you
prior warning and you can then leave without any penalty.

It's a "membership fee". Is that actually part of the contract for
electricity supply? You can join a club and pay a membership fee just
to be a member. You then pay, under seperate agreements, for the
benfits the club offers and you choose.

--
Cheers
Dave.