Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Screwfix Search Box

Wanted to acquire some rubber feet for the bottom of a cabinet to stop
it scratching the desk.

You know.....circular or square. Self adhesive or screw-on; I'm
flexible and open to options.

Shop of choice is Screwfix, about 1 mile from home. Search for "rubber
feet" and I am offered a wheelbarrow tyre. In fact whatever I search
for I can't find what I want. I'm not even sure they sell them at all.

Do the same on Amazon or eBay and instantly loads of options.

Screwfix search engine is ****e.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tuesday, 30 January 2018 12:17:55 UTC, Vortex13 wrote:
Wanted to acquire some rubber feet for the bottom of a cabinet to stop
it scratching the desk.

You know.....circular or square. Self adhesive or screw-on; I'm
flexible and open to options.

Shop of choice is Screwfix, about 1 mile from home. Search for "rubber
feet" and I am offered a wheelbarrow tyre. In fact whatever I search
for I can't find what I want. I'm not even sure they sell them at all.

Do the same on Amazon or eBay and instantly loads of options.

Screwfix search engine is ****e.

Maybe they don;t sell them.
other options Maplin
https://www.maplin.co.uk/search/?text=stick+on+feet

I know rapid E do a large selection, but with P&P it'll be expensive.

https://www.rapidonline.com/catalogue/search?Query=feet

Have you thought about buying a 3D printer ;-)

Anything in local skips that can be scavenged.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

I think it's because they don't sell them that you can't find them not that the search engine is at fault!
Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jim Jim is offline

Vortex13 Wrote in message:
Wanted to acquire some rubber feet for the bottom of a cabinet to stop
it scratching the desk.

You know.....circular or square. Self adhesive or screw-on; I'm
flexible and open to options.

Shop of choice is Screwfix, about 1 mile from home. Search for "rubber
feet" and I am offered a wheelbarrow tyre. In fact whatever I search
for I can't find what I want. I'm not even sure they sell them at all.

Do the same on Amazon or eBay and instantly loads of options.

Screwfix search engine is ****e.

I suspect the same kingfisher Web muppets that similarly
"improved" the b&q search engine & website have been at
work...

Use Google with
Site:Screwfix.com in the search terms
--
Jim K

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Vortex13 wrote:

Wanted to acquire some rubber feet for the bottom of a cabinet to stop
it scratching the desk.

You know.....circular or square. Self adhesive or screw-on; I'm
flexible and open to options.

Shop of choice is Screwfix, about 1 mile from home. Search for "rubber
feet" and I am offered a wheelbarrow tyre. In fact whatever I search
for I can't find what I want. I'm not even sure they sell them at all.

Do the same on Amazon or eBay and instantly loads of options.

Screwfix search engine is ****e.

A lot of shopping sites have rather facile searches that find anything
containing *any* of the key words. So you get further by using single
keywords and choosing them carefully than by using longer search terms.

Having said that, I think Screwfix probably don't sell any. I'd try
Maplin if you really want a real life shop.

--

Roger Hayter

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Vortex13 wrote:
Wanted to acquire some rubber feet for the bottom of a cabinet to stop
it scratching the desk.

You know.....circular or square. Self adhesive or screw-on; I'm
flexible and open to options.

Shop of choice is Screwfix, about 1 mile from home. Search for "rubber
feet" and I am offered a wheelbarrow tyre. In fact whatever I search
for I can't find what I want. I'm not even sure they sell them at all.

Do the same on Amazon or eBay and instantly loads of options.

Screwfix search engine is ****e.

Try seat buffers.

--
*My wife and I had words. But I didn't get to use mine.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 30 Jan 2018 12:17:52 +0000, Vortex13 wrote:

Wanted to acquire some rubber feet for the bottom of a cabinet to stop
it scratching the desk.

You know.....circular or square. Self adhesive or screw-on; I'm
flexible and open to options.

Shop of choice is Screwfix, about 1 mile from home. Search for "rubber
feet" and I am offered a wheelbarrow tyre. In fact whatever I search
for I can't find what I want. I'm not even sure they sell them at all.

Do the same on Amazon or eBay and instantly loads of options.

Screwfix search engine is ****e.

These might be suitable, they are not rubber, nor are they feet.

https://www.screwfix.com/p/door-cush...-49-pack/18213

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tuesday, January 30, 2018 at 2:11:23 PM UTC, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
Vortex13 wrote:
Wanted to acquire some rubber feet for the bottom of a cabinet to stop
it scratching the desk.

You know.....circular or square. Self adhesive or screw-on; I'm
flexible and open to options.

Shop of choice is Screwfix, about 1 mile from home. Search for "rubber
feet" and I am offered a wheelbarrow tyre. In fact whatever I search
for I can't find what I want. I'm not even sure they sell them at all.

Do the same on Amazon or eBay and instantly loads of options.

Screwfix search engine is ****e.

Try seat buffers.

--
*My wife and I had words. But I didn't get to use mine.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.

Reminds me of the bloke that wanted to buy some condoms and the pharmacist said they were out of stock and suggested he try boots!

Seriously, what are seat buffers, and where might they be purchased?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Vortex13 wrote:
Wanted to acquire some rubber feet for the bottom of a cabinet to stop
it scratching the desk.

You know.....circular or square. Self adhesive or screw-on; I'm
flexible and open to options.

Shop of choice is Screwfix, about 1 mile from home. Search for "rubber
feet" and I am offered a wheelbarrow tyre. In fact whatever I search
for I can't find what I want. I'm not even sure they sell them at all.

Do the same on Amazon or eBay and instantly loads of options.

Screwfix search engine is ****e.

Try seat buffers.

I ordered some Amazonian ones. Life's too short to trek around local
emporia for this stuff (though I am pretty sure Robert Dyas would sell
these).
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Vortex13 wrote:

Wanted to acquire some rubber feet for the bottom of a cabinet to stop
it scratching the desk.

You know.....circular or square. Self adhesive or screw-on; I'm
flexible and open to options.

Shop of choice is Screwfix, about 1 mile from home. Search for "rubber
feet" and I am offered a wheelbarrow tyre. In fact whatever I search
for I can't find what I want. I'm not even sure they sell them at all.

Do the same on Amazon or eBay and instantly loads of options.

Screwfix search engine is ****e.

I found this:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Multi-funct...=adhesive+pads

(All one line)

HTH

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Vortex13 wrote:

Wanted to acquire some rubber feet for the bottom of a cabinet to
stop it scratching the desk.

You know.....circular or square. Self adhesive or screw-on; I'm
flexible and open to options.

Shop of choice is Screwfix, about 1 mile from home. Search for
"rubber feet" and I am offered a wheelbarrow tyre. In fact whatever
I search for I can't find what I want. I'm not even sure they sell
them at all.

Do the same on Amazon or eBay and instantly loads of options.

Screwfix search engine is ****e.

It is utterly craptastic. But searching for "foot" or "feet" alone
produces only a few results, none of them what you're looking for.
Likewise searching for "pad" which might have produced something like
adhesive felt pads.
Wickes is better, but has the annoying feature of clearing the search
box with each search, so if you only need to modify your search terms
slightly you still need to type the whole lot again. But search Wickes
for "pad" and select "ironmongery" to find adhesive felt pads.
Wilko's search is similar; basically dumb but it lets you narrow the
results from sensible categories, so searching rubber and selecting DIY
results in a listing for "rubber buffers" which are nearly the sort of
thing you're looking for. Wilko calls a felt pad a "felt floor
protector".
I often resort to eBay rather than spend ages trying to find stuff
locally.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Vortex13" wrote in message

Life's too short to trek around local emporia for this stuff (though I am pretty sure
Robert Dyas would sell these).

Many firms with an online presence would still much rather you
trekked around their stores as in that way they can more easily
tempt you into buying things other than what you were originally
looking for.

Quite possibly the same applies with their search engines if
they're forever throwing up irrelevant "suggestions" for stuff
you'd never think of buying otherwise.

As a retailer, I'd guess the worst kind of customer is the one
who walks into your store, or visits your website, knows exactly
what he or she wants, and either buys it or rejects any suggested
alternatives, and walks/clicks out straightway afterwards.

michael adams

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 30/01/2018 12:17, Vortex13 wrote:
Wanted to acquire some rubber feet for the bottom of a cabinet to stop
it scratching the desk.

You know.....circular or square.Â* Self adhesive or screw-on; I'm
flexible and open to options.

consider also

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Heavy-Duty-.../dp/B003HCWHT0

Often seen cheaper in pound shops.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 03/02/2018 11:50, alan_m wrote:
On 30/01/2018 12:17, Vortex13 wrote:
Wanted to acquire some rubber feet for the bottom of a cabinet to stop
it scratching the desk.

You know.....circular or square.Â* Self adhesive or screw-on; I'm
flexible and open to options.

consider also

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Heavy-Duty-.../dp/B003HCWHT0

Often seen cheaper in pound shops.

The stick-on ones are easy to obtain. The screw on a bit more difficult:
the phrase "seat buffer" seems to be the magic password.

--
Max Demian
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 4 Feb 2018 14:37:54 -0000
"michael adams" wrote:

Indeed not. They have websites using inefficient search engines
which entice customers to trek around those websites instead.
Basically the same priciple which applies to physical stores,
may equally well apply to websites which are designed to be
deliberately opaque so as to stretch out each visit for as
long as possible.

But I didn't have to leave my chair to visit the online store, nor do I
have to leave my chair in order to flounce out of it empty-handed.

In search of a box joint G. Ross Woodworking 19 September 9th 12 12:58 AM
Actual search string search engine or general technique ? N_Cook Electronics Repair 7 November 21st 09 05:07 PM
Screwfix Dummy Bell Box George UK diy 18 December 7th 07 09:46 PM
Mobile 'phone in Screwfix box Egremont UK diy 15 November 21st 05 11:09 PM
INSPIRATION - MAHOGANY TRIPLE OPENING WRITING BOX AND DRESSING BOX Jack-of-all-trades - JOAT Woodworking 0 September 16th 03 12:37 AM