Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default The Express.

On Thursday, 9 November 2017 21:22:38 UTC, Mark Allread wrote:
On Thu, 09 Nov 2017 08:08:27 -0800, whisky-dave wrote:

On Thursday, 9 November 2017 15:45:55 UTC, Mark Allread wrote:
On Thu, 09 Nov 2017 03:38:34 -0800, whisky-dave wrote:

On Wednesday, 8 November 2017 17:56:38 UTC, Mark Allread wrote:
I guess the truth of all this is that you are simply envious of
those who do have that kind of money; I, on the other hand, am not.

Not envious but I donlt like to think they aren't paying their share
to the NHS or anything else.

We have already established you are a tax avoider so you are the same
as anyone else who seeks to avoid tax.

How do you work that one out, or are you getting confused with evasion ?

You have an ISA - you said so earlier had you forgotten?

Lots of peole have an ISA the governemtn alloow almost anyone to have a ISA you don;t need to go off shore or high a solicitor and it's only for a set amount for everyone equally.

Essentially, the difference between avoidance and evasion is legality. Tax avoidance is legally exploiting the tax system to reduce current or future tax liabilities by means not intended by parliament. It often involves artificial transactions that are contrived to produce a tax advantage.

What you appear to be objecting to is the scale of the avoidance which
means you must have a degree of envy.

Well £3 million will help more than £3 quid .
If I brought illegally imported alcohol I could avoid paying tax on it
but that is illegal.

We are not discussing tax evasion but tax avoidance - something that you
and many others do.

and there is nothing wrong with that because it is legal and anyone can do it.
Do you NOT understand the differnce.
Do you undertsnd the difernce bewteen killing someone and murdering them or are you confused about that too.
Do you know the difernce between someone that is registared animal slaughter and the croydon cat killer, are you realy this easily confused ?

Tax evasion, of course, is an entirely different thing and it is tax
evasion that has caught out so many people in the past.

So what does say Lewis hamilton doing in this example when he brought a
jet for business use for 16 million and he got the tax paid on it back ?
Even though the jet was being used for private use just like you would
use yuor car for private use, so tell me why we can;t buy a car and say
it;s for business use claim the tax back and then use it to go on family
holidays ?

Ypou seem to think he has done nothing wrong but perhaps we should wait
and see what the HM Revenue and Customs say.

I've never said that anywhere. If he has evaded tax he is guilty of a
crime.

Exacly and me or anyone else aren't evading tax we are avoidingn it within govenrment guidlines just like children are allowed to do with their savings.

Perhaps yuo could explain why the Isle of Man government has called in
the British tax office, which will this month begin a review of 231 tax
refunds issued to private jet owners since 2011, in a $1bn VAT giveaway..

I've no idea as I am a) not in the IoM government nor b) in the HMRC

So maybe you can't tell legal from illegal then.
Can you tell the differnce between having sex with someone and raping them ?

Nothing to do with envy.

OK so you are not envious of those who like you are tax avoiders .

No not at all providing it is legal and open to anyone.

(but
have managed to do so with greater sums of money that you have) nor, like
everyone else, do you support tax evasion.

Tax evaision is illegal in the UK I have to obey UK laws so why shouldn't those with more money than me also obey them.
do you think it was OK for jimmey saville to do what he did with kids because he was well known and had the power over the kids and some adults it seems.
Do you think it ok that he coulld rape yuong children because he gave money to charity ?

So why are you getting so wound up about those who legitimately avoid tax?

I'm not, not if those legitimately avoiding tax.

If I can get my salery paid into an offshore account and then I'm allowed to borrow money from that account without paying tax why is that not an option I had to have my wages paid into a UK bank account !

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Friday, 10 November 2017 08:41:56 UTC, Handsome Jack wrote:
whisky-dave posted
On Wednesday, 8 November 2017 17:24:07 UTC, Andy Burns wrote:

We didn't because it felt "dodgy" and sure enough Jimmy Carr hit the
headlines the following year

He blammed his accountants, but didn't David Cameron criticise him and
then it was found out that DC was also using tax aviodance sheme .

No, it wasn't. What happened was that the Guardian slung a lot of mud
about Cameron's father's offshore investment fund, deliberately
confusing the various meanings of the word "trust" to imply that Cameron
was avoiding tax. Finally it became clear that he wasn't, and the
guardian had to climb down and talk about "ill-advised" and "unnecessary
secrecy" blah blah.

No DC continued to gain intrest from the offshore fun which is tax evaision rather than avoidence that's why it was stopped.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk...-a6974791.html

--
Jack

Posted to uk.d-i-y

whisky-dave wrote:

me or anyone else aren't evading tax we are avoidingn it within govenrment guidlines

And if you have complicated VAT arrangements regarding ownership and
leasing of business jets, yachts etc, then the rich and famous will have
accountants and lawyers that say they too are simply making use of
available government legislation ...

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Andy Burns wrote:
whisky-dave wrote:

me or anyone else aren't evading tax we are avoidingn it within govenrment guidlines

And if you have complicated VAT arrangements regarding ownership and
leasing of business jets, yachts etc, then the rich and famous will have
accountants and lawyers that say they too are simply making use of
available government legislation ...

Times must be hard if the rich can't really afford that private jet. ;-)

--
*A 'jiffy' is an actual unit of time for 1/100th of a second.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"whisky-dave" wrote in message
[...]

Why would "gaining" interest from an offshore fund be tax free for a UK
taxpayer?

It will only be tax free for a non-dom (if the interest remains offshore) or
if the investment is in a trust and the interest remains in the trust (but
in the latter case they will be rules to comply with about paying tax when
the value of the trust distributed).

But if the interest is "paid out" annually to a resident UK taxpayer it will
be taxable at their marginal rate.

tinm

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Friday, 10 November 2017 13:17:47 UTC, Andy Burns wrote:
whisky-dave wrote:

me or anyone else aren't evading tax we are avoidingn it within govenrment guidlines

And if you have complicated VAT arrangements regarding ownership and
leasing of business jets, yachts etc, then the rich and famous will have
accountants and lawyers that say they too are simply making use of
available government legislation ...

Well we'll see when the cases come to light won't we.
If you lease yuor own jet to yuorself for going on holiday does that make it a business ?
So in therey I can claim the VAT back on my home computer if I check my work email is that how it works ?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Friday, 10 November 2017 14:43:27 UTC, tim... wrote:
[...]

No idea, or why DC oppoligised if he did nothing wrong.

It will only be tax free for a non-dom (if the interest remains offshore) or
if the investment is in a trust and the interest remains in the trust (but
in the latter case they will be rules to comply with about paying tax when
the value of the trust distributed).

I assume if the person is living in this country and the intrest comes to them in this country it should be seen as unearned income just like it is for everyone else.

But if the interest is "paid out" annually to a resident UK taxpayer it will
be taxable at their marginal rate.

I would have assumed that applied to DC.

tinm

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 10 Nov 2017 05:10:38 -0800, whisky-dave wrote:

On Thursday, 9 November 2017 21:22:38 UTC, Mark Allread wrote:

We have already established you are a tax avoider so you are the
same as anyone else who seeks to avoid tax.

How do you work that one out, or are you getting confused with
evasion ?

You have an ISA - you said so earlier had you forgotten?

Lots of peole have an ISA the governemtn alloow almost anyone to have a
ISA

Yep, legal tax avoidance.

What you appear to be objecting to is the scale of the avoidance
which means you must have a degree of envy.

Well £3 million will help more than £3 quid .

Yep, envy.

We are not discussing tax evasion but tax avoidance - something that
you and many others do.

and there is nothing wrong with that because it is legal and anyone can
do it.

Thank you!

Do you NOT understand the differnce.

I do and have done since the onset of this thread - clearly you have now
managed to understand it too.

We then get onto the rant which is supposed to educate and inform but
actually tells me a lot about the person who wrote it...

Do you undertsnd the difernce bewteen killing someone and murdering them
or are you confused about that too.
Do you know the difernce between someone that is registared animal
slaughter and the croydon cat killer,

and

Can you tell the differnce between having sex with someone and raping
them ?

followed by

do you think it was OK for jimmey saville to do what he did with kids
because he was well known and had the power over the kids and some
adults it seems.
Do you think it ok that he coulld rape yuong children because he gave
money to charity ?

At which I see no further point in attempting to continue this discussion
with someone who clearly is foundering.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Friday, 10 November 2017 16:02:01 UTC, Mark Allread wrote:
On Fri, 10 Nov 2017 05:10:38 -0800, whisky-dave wrote:

On Thursday, 9 November 2017 21:22:38 UTC, Mark Allread wrote:

We have already established you are a tax avoider so you are the
same as anyone else who seeks to avoid tax.

How do you work that one out, or are you getting confused with
evasion ?

You have an ISA - you said so earlier had you forgotten?

Lots of peole have an ISA the governemtn alloow almost anyone to have a
ISA

Yep, legal tax avoidance.

So nothing wrong with that if advertised and avaible to all equally.

What you appear to be objecting to is the scale of the avoidance
which means you must have a degree of envy.

Well £3 million will help more than £3 quid .

Yep, envy.

No, I wouldn't want to buy a jet.

We are not discussing tax evasion but tax avoidance - something that
you and many others do.

and there is nothing wrong with that because it is legal and anyone can
do it.

Thank you!

Do you NOT understand the differnce.

I do and have done since the onset of this thread - clearly you have now
managed to understand it too.

I've know this for at least 5 years IIRC, perhaps longer.

We then get onto the rant which is supposed to educate and inform but
actually tells me a lot about the person who wrote it...

Who wrote what exactly.

Do you undertsnd the difernce bewteen killing someone and murdering them
or are you confused about that too.
Do you know the difernce between someone that is registared animal
slaughter and the croydon cat killer,

and

Can you tell the differnce between having sex with someone and raping
them ?

followed by

do you think it was OK for jimmey saville to do what he did with kids
because he was well known and had the power over the kids and some
adults it seems.
Do you think it ok that he coulld rape yuong children because he gave
money to charity ?

At which I see no further point in attempting to continue this discussion
with someone who clearly is foundering.

You mean I understand it and you don't which has been proved otherwise the HMRC wouldn't be looking in it it at long last.
It's like jimmy saville being allowed to abuse because anyone saying he was wrong in doing that will be bullied into silence and would not be believed..

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 10 Nov 2017 08:32:48 -0800, whisky-dave wrote:

Who wrote what exactly.

Your memory and literacy problems also explain a lot.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

whisky-dave wrote:

me or anyone else aren't evading tax we are avoidingn it within
govenrment guidlines

And if you have complicated VAT arrangements regarding ownership and
leasing of business jets, yachts etc, then the rich and famous will
have accountants and lawyers that say they too are simply making use
of available government legislation ...

Well we'll see when the cases come to light won't we. If you lease yuor
own jet to yuorself for going on holiday does that make it a business ?
So in therey I can claim the VAT back on my home computer if I check my
work email is that how it works ?

When I was freelance, I was allowed to claim against tax for my car. In
proportion to the amount it was used for business. But that was to do with
runnings costs - not the VAT on purchase or leasing.

--
*Rehab is for quitters.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Friday, 10 November 2017 16:44:18 UTC, Mark Allread wrote:
On Fri, 10 Nov 2017 08:32:48 -0800, whisky-dave wrote:

Who wrote what exactly.

Your memory and literacy problems also explain a lot.

We then get onto the rant which is supposed to educate and inform but
actually tells me a lot about the person who wrote it...

so which person(s) who are yuo refering to, who';s ranting I'm not.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 10 Nov 2017 09:04:42 -0800, whisky-dave wrote:

On Friday, 10 November 2017 16:44:18 UTC, Mark Allread wrote:
On Fri, 10 Nov 2017 08:32:48 -0800, whisky-dave wrote:

Who wrote what exactly.

Your memory and literacy problems also explain a lot.

We then get onto the rant which is supposed to educate and inform but
actually tells me a lot about the person who wrote it...

so which person(s) who are yuo refering to, who';s ranting I'm not.

Let me remind you (as I have before when you have disputed something that
you have written) - You wrote:

Do you undertsnd the difernce bewteen killing someone and murdering them
or are you confused about that too.
Do you know the difernce between someone that is registared animal
slaughter and the croydon cat killer,

and

Can you tell the differnce between having sex with someone and raping
them ?

followed by

do you think it was OK for jimmey saville to do what he did with kids
because he was well known and had the power over the kids and some
adults it seems.
Do you think it ok that he coulld rape yuong children because he gave
money to charity ?

Pretty much a mindless, chuck everything you can think of, rant from you
to try and distract attention from the fact that you are now agreeing
that you are/have been a tax avoider and that you now agree that tax
avoidance is legal.

Perhaps the fact that it is only "for at least 5 years IIRC, perhaps
longer" that you have known of the difference between tax avoidance and
tax evasion is the reason. Oh, for clarity, those were your own words I
have quoted and which I have simply copied and pasted.

This is going nowhere - it would help if you could remember just what you
post and when. As you cannot I shall not bother to reply to any further
post from you.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

whisky-dave wrote:

me or anyone else aren't evading tax we are avoidingn it within govenrment guidlines

And if you have complicated VAT arrangements regarding ownership and
leasing of business jets, yachts etc, then the rich and famous will have
accountants and lawyers that say they too are simply making use of
available government legislation ...

Well we'll see when the cases come to light won't we.
If you lease yuor own jet to yuorself for going on holiday does that make it a business ?
So in therey I can claim the VAT back on my home computer if I check my work email is that how it works ?

Yup.

And a portion of the cost of running your house, if you do it at home.

--
"If you dont read the news paper, you are un-informed. If you read the
news paper, you are mis-informed."

Mark Twain