Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default The Express.

Idly looked at all today's paper headlines while shopping today.

All were about tax avoidance in one form or another.

Except the Express. A headline about overseas aid. They certainly know
their target market.

--
*The more people I meet, the more I like my dog.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

I don't know what the great problem is with tax avoidance, its been going on
for as long as there have been taxes, its seen as good sport by many. I have
little sympathy with rrich companies getting caught myself, some individuals
have to actually maximise their funds so they will last.
Brian

--
----- -
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please!
"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote in message
Idly looked at all today's paper headlines while shopping today.

All were about tax avoidance in one form or another.

Except the Express. A headline about overseas aid. They certainly know
their target market.

--
*The more people I meet, the more I like my dog.

Dave Plowman
London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
Idly looked at all today's paper headlines while shopping today.

All were about tax avoidance in one form or another.

Except the Express. A headline about overseas aid. They certainly know
their target market.

I musty admit I get fed up with all the Tax Avoidance publicity.
Until such times as these aggressive schemes become re-defined as Tax
Evasion and therefore illegal, the rich and big business will act to
avoid paying more than they have to and the moral argument will rarely
be enough to make them change their ways.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 07 Nov 2017 14:50:22 +0000, Bob Minchin wrote:

Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
Idly looked at all today's paper headlines while shopping today.

All were about tax avoidance in one form or another.

I musty admit I get fed up with all the Tax Avoidance publicity.

Me too - lets face it, anyone who has/had an ISA or a TESSA is/was
seeking to avoid tax.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
Idly looked at all today's paper headlines while shopping today.

All were about tax avoidance in one form or another.

I musty admit I get fed up with all the Tax Avoidance publicity.

Me too - lets face it, anyone who has/had an ISA or a TESSA is/was
seeking to avoid tax.

Furthermore using ISAs is still being encouraged by increasing the
limits, widening the types of product allowed to be ISA wrapped and the
extra flexibility of IFISAs

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
Idly looked at all today's paper headlines while shopping today.

All were about tax avoidance in one form or another.

I musty admit I get fed up with all the Tax Avoidance publicity.

Me too - lets face it, anyone who has/had an ISA or a TESSA is/was
seeking to avoid tax.

Anyone who has bought duty free as well..

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
Idly looked at all today's paper headlines while shopping today.

All were about tax avoidance in one form or another.

I musty admit I get fed up with all the Tax Avoidance publicity.

Me too - lets face it, anyone who has/had an ISA or a TESSA is/was
seeking to avoid tax.

Anyone who has bought duty free as well..

Even in the Canary Islands :-)
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
Idly looked at all today's paper headlines while shopping today.

All were about tax avoidance in one form or another.

I musty admit I get fed up with all the Tax Avoidance publicity.

Me too - lets face it, anyone who has/had an ISA or a TESSA is/was
seeking to avoid tax.

Maybe, but when I was a computer programmer with my own ltd co
working through an agency, it never occurred to me that I could
send my money to Mauritious and then 'lend' it back to me
free of tax, with no obligation to pay it back, and escape the
notice of HMRC.

However, it would never escape the notice of my accountant, so
how come Mrs Browns 'boys' get away with it ?.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

news

Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
Idly looked at all today's paper headlines while shopping today.

All were about tax avoidance in one form or another.

I musty admit I get fed up with all the Tax Avoidance publicity.

Me too - lets face it, anyone who has/had an ISA or a TESSA is/was
seeking to avoid tax.

Maybe, but when I was a computer programmer with my own ltd co
working through an agency, it never occurred to me that I could
send my money to Mauritious and then 'lend' it back to me
free of tax, with no obligation to pay it back, and escape the
notice of HMRC.

you may not have done but there were several schemes marketed at people just
like you and many took advantage of it

Most, if not all were unwound by HMRC and the people concerned got large tax
bills to pay.

However, it would never escape the notice of my accountant, so
how come Mrs Browns 'boys' get away with it ?.

you just employ a different accountant

tim

Posted to uk.d-i-y

news

Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
[...]

yes it's strange that only those that can afford very expensive accountant can afford to aviod tax. Backhanders to certain people spring to mind.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Andrew wrote:

when I was a computer programmer with my own ltd co
working through an agency, it never occurred to me that I could
send my money to Mauritious and then 'lend' it back to me
free of tax, with no obligation to pay it back, and escape the
notice of HMRC.

However, it would never escape the notice of my accountant

It was probably suggested /by/ their accountants

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 07/11/17 18:28, Tim Streater wrote:
In article , Bob Minchin
wrote:

Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
Idly looked at all today's paper headlines while shopping today.

All were about tax avoidance in one form or another.

Except the Express. A headline about overseas aid. They certainly know
their target market.

I musty admit I get fed up with all the Tax Avoidance publicity.
Until such times as these aggressive schemes become re-defined as Tax
Evasion and therefore illegal, the rich and big business will act to
avoid paying more than they have to and the moral argument will rarely
be enough to make them change their ways.

I don't think the moral argument applies. I assume they have a legal
duty to their shareholders to minimise tax.

Indeed.

What is going on is an attempt to redefine the Law in moral terms. Its
standard lefty**** stuff really.

windows of my apartment. (I live on the twenty-first floor.) "

Alan Sokal
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Idly looked at all today's paper headlines while shopping today.

All were about tax avoidance in one form or another.

Except the Express. A headline about overseas aid. They certainly know
their target market.

The guardian knows their target market as well.

It's the money grabbing views of the advertisers and proprietors of the
freely distributed papers and websites, and talk radio, that sway the
conscious of the morning asleep with their mostly right wing ideals,
that need watching ....

Occasionally do they get get pulled up (good), and then Metro starts
welcoming advertising from strange quarters like UNISON, and subtle
changes in slant for that day - often having a dig at other media groups
to look just great :-|

--
Adrian C
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote in message
Idly looked at all today's paper headlines while shopping today.

All were about tax avoidance in one form or another.

If it's not illegal what's the problem?
I see your mate Steptoe is looking to send the Queen to the tower.
Stupid *******.
He's scared ****less of talking brexit.

Except the Express. A headline about overseas aid. They certainly know
their target market.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Idly looked at all today's paper headlines while shopping today.

All were about tax avoidance in one form or another.

Except the Express. A headline about overseas aid. They certainly know
their target market.

No Maddie or Di news then?

--
Adam