Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default The Express.

On Thursday, 9 November 2017 21:22:38 UTC, Mark Allread wrote:
On Thu, 09 Nov 2017 08:08:27 -0800, whisky-dave wrote:

On Thursday, 9 November 2017 15:45:55 UTC, Mark Allread wrote:
On Thu, 09 Nov 2017 03:38:34 -0800, whisky-dave wrote:

On Wednesday, 8 November 2017 17:56:38 UTC, Mark Allread wrote:
I guess the truth of all this is that you are simply envious of
those who do have that kind of money; I, on the other hand, am not.

Not envious but I donlt like to think they aren't paying their share
to the NHS or anything else.

We have already established you are a tax avoider so you are the same
as anyone else who seeks to avoid tax.

How do you work that one out, or are you getting confused with evasion ?

You have an ISA - you said so earlier had you forgotten?

Lots of peole have an ISA the governemtn alloow almost anyone to have a ISA you don;t need to go off shore or high a solicitor and it's only for a set amount for everyone equally.

Essentially, the difference between avoidance and evasion is legality. Tax avoidance is legally exploiting the tax system to reduce current or future tax liabilities by means not intended by parliament. It often involves artificial transactions that are contrived to produce a tax advantage.

What you appear to be objecting to is the scale of the avoidance which
means you must have a degree of envy.

Well £3 million will help more than £3 quid .
If I brought illegally imported alcohol I could avoid paying tax on it
but that is illegal.

We are not discussing tax evasion but tax avoidance - something that you
and many others do.

and there is nothing wrong with that because it is legal and anyone can do it.
Do you NOT understand the differnce.
Do you undertsnd the difernce bewteen killing someone and murdering them or are you confused about that too.
Do you know the difernce between someone that is registared animal slaughter and the croydon cat killer, are you realy this easily confused ?

Tax evasion, of course, is an entirely different thing and it is tax
evasion that has caught out so many people in the past.

So what does say Lewis hamilton doing in this example when he brought a
jet for business use for 16 million and he got the tax paid on it back ?
Even though the jet was being used for private use just like you would
use yuor car for private use, so tell me why we can;t buy a car and say
it;s for business use claim the tax back and then use it to go on family
holidays ?

Ypou seem to think he has done nothing wrong but perhaps we should wait
and see what the HM Revenue and Customs say.

I've never said that anywhere. If he has evaded tax he is guilty of a
crime.

Exacly and me or anyone else aren't evading tax we are avoidingn it within govenrment guidlines just like children are allowed to do with their savings.

Perhaps yuo could explain why the Isle of Man government has called in
the British tax office, which will this month begin a review of 231 tax
refunds issued to private jet owners since 2011, in a $1bn VAT giveaway..

I've no idea as I am a) not in the IoM government nor b) in the HMRC

So maybe you can't tell legal from illegal then.
Can you tell the differnce between having sex with someone and raping them ?

Nothing to do with envy.

OK so you are not envious of those who like you are tax avoiders .

No not at all providing it is legal and open to anyone.

(but
have managed to do so with greater sums of money that you have) nor, like
everyone else, do you support tax evasion.

Tax evaision is illegal in the UK I have to obey UK laws so why shouldn't those with more money than me also obey them.
do you think it was OK for jimmey saville to do what he did with kids because he was well known and had the power over the kids and some adults it seems.
Do you think it ok that he coulld rape yuong children because he gave money to charity ?

So why are you getting so wound up about those who legitimately avoid tax?

I'm not, not if those legitimately avoiding tax.

If I can get my salery paid into an offshore account and then I'm allowed to borrow money from that account without paying tax why is that not an option I had to have my wages paid into a UK bank account !