Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default The perpetual " Cornish" problem - damp and mold.

Some will understand this problem and others will not. You have to know about wet and damp weather and condensation in old ( and over insulated maybe?) houses.

So, winter is coming on and now I have to close the windows ( its colder) or heat the rain and the wind outside. My condensation and mold problems are returning and they are spreading. What was a problem in the kitchen has now it the whole house. Its musty, stinking and black mold is growing in a lot of corners.

I have cleaned, painted and sorted all the maintenance problems. This is not leaking roof, guttering or anything else. I have cut back trees and checked under the floor. This is a condensation issue - beyond stopping breathing. I am at a loss.

I have been told to put more insulation in, new windows double glazed and all manner of energy efficiency - and I did - problem made worse! Its still biggest in the kitchen ( where I have both a de humidifier and a heater now)

So, I seem to be down to two solutions. I either

(a) I have to turn up the heat ( most rooms are sitting at 20 degrees C - with the kitchen at around 15 C). I have even had one heater on all summer ......

b) try for one of those ventilation things that go in the roof ( Nu air?) which promises to sort it out ( but, hey, promises, promises?)

Can anyone who has really had this problem and who has sorted it advise now?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Small but significant leak in a pipe somewhere near a radiator?
I guess you need to run a de humidifier and see what you end up with. If
there are masses of water being removed with few people in the house there
has to be another source of moisture somewhere. I mean you do need
ventilation but not to the extent of heating the outside!
I suppose it is possible that the surfaces concerned are much colder than
the rest of the place but unlikely I'd have thought.

Brian

--
----- -
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please!
"sweetheart" wrote in message

[...]

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 01/10/2017 08:54, sweetheart wrote:

[...]

I know someone who was plagued by condensation in a flat- we are talking
furniture ruined etc. A dehumidifier didn't really help.

After some 'discussion', the landlord fitted one of those extractor fans
which removes 'damp air', but uses it to warm incoming air. It was
fitted in the bathroom.

Last I heard, it seemed to have fixed the problems.

are depriving those in real need!

https://www.gov.uk/report-benefit-fraud
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 01/10/2017 08:54, sweetheart wrote:

Some will understand this problem and others will not. You have to know about wet and damp weather and condensation in old ( and over insulated maybe?) houses.

So, winter is coming on and now I have to close the windows ( its colder) or heat the rain and the wind outside. My condensation and mold problems are returning and they are spreading. What was a problem in the kitchen has now it the whole house. Its musty, stinking and black mold is growing in a lot of corners.

I have cleaned, painted and sorted all the maintenance problems. This is not leaking roof, guttering or anything else. I have cut back trees and checked under the floor. This is a condensation issue - beyond stopping breathing. I am at a loss.

Have you tried the stopping breathing method?

It was after all my suggestion.

--
Adam
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sunday, October 1, 2017 at 9:06:57 AM UTC+1, Brian Gaff wrote:
Small but significant leak in a pipe somewhere near a radiator?
I guess you need to run a de humidifier and see what you end up with. If
there are masses of water being removed with few people in the house there
has to be another source of moisture somewhere. I mean you do need
ventilation but not to the extent of heating the outside!
I suppose it is possible that the surfaces concerned are much colder than
the rest of the place but unlikely I'd have thought.

Brian

There is absolutely nothing leaking. I have been through the whole place. Its basically condensation.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sunday, October 1, 2017 at 9:18:16 AM UTC+1, ARW wrote:
[...]

Oh arent you sweet Adam - and so witty. Maybe you would like to take the stop breathing route yourself.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message ,
sweetheart writes

[...]

Condensation leads to the mould. You have to warm up the surfaces or
have less moist air or both.

Cooking, clothes drying, showering etc. all put moisture into the air in
your home.

More ventilation and more heat will help but directly extracting moist
air from the source could be a first move. Recovering up to 50% of the
heat lost is worth exploring but ducting, disruption and cost a
consideration.

--
Tim Lamb
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message ,
sweetheart writes

Some will understand this problem and others will not. You have to know
about wet and damp weather and condensation in old ( and over
insulated maybe?) houses.

Nothing helpful to offer, but I do, I promise, understand the problem.
We are in Aberdeenshire, in a granite house built 1880-ish, with walls
30+ inches thick, single glazed Victorian sash windows, and the house is
cold. Temp outside this morning was +0.4, and every window covered in
condensation inside. By January, that condensation will be ice, in
spite of the heating. Extractor fans in every bathroom, and no tumble
dryer pushing out damp air. Three of us, breathing normally.

We don't have widespread damp problems, but there is mould in the two
bathrooms we use regularly - one by two adults, the other by one 16 year
old. We live with it.

--
Graeme
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"sweetheart" wrote in message

On Sunday, October 1, 2017 at 9:06:57 AM UTC+1, Brian Gaff wrote:
Small but significant leak in a pipe somewhere near a radiator?
I guess you need to run a de humidifier and see what you end up with. If
there are masses of water being removed with few people in the house
there
has to be another source of moisture somewhere. I mean you do need
ventilation but not to the extent of heating the outside!
I suppose it is possible that the surfaces concerned are much colder
than
the rest of the place but unlikely I'd have thought.

Brian

There is absolutely nothing leaking. I have been through the whole place.
Its basically condensation.
--

Have you tried running a dehumidifier? I have a largish commercial one that
draws amazing amounts of water out of the air in a room (and hence long term

Andrew

Posted to uk.d-i-y

sweetheart expressed precisely :
Some will understand this problem and others will not. You have to know about
wet and damp weather and condensation in old ( and over insulated maybe?)
houses.

So, winter is coming on and now I have to close the windows ( its colder) or
heat the rain and the wind outside. My condensation and mold problems are
returning and they are spreading. What was a problem in the kitchen has now
it the whole house. Its musty, stinking and black mold is growing in a lot
of corners.

Sounds very like our semi, 40 years ago which was very damp and cold. I
added DG all round, CWI, roof plus loft insulation and CH. I then added
an automatic extract fan to the bathroom and a cooker hood which vented
outside - I don't consider filter hoods to be any use at all.

I banned clothes drying anywhere except in the utility, then added
fixed clothes lines, a dehumidifier (with a direct drain) and a small
wall mounted fan in there. A dehumidifier is far more effective, if
given the help of a small fan to move the moist air. In operation, that
combination dries clothes easily over night, has much more capacity
than a dryer and costs many times less to run. The utility is flat
roofed, double brick wall, with no cavity, yet despite it being used as
a drying room for many years, it has never suffered any mold appearing
anywhere.

We do suffer a 6" square patch in the top outer corner of the bathroom
(down wind). So a recent rule is to leave open the bathroom window for
an hour after a bath to draw the moisture out.

It used to be an horribly cold house to try to live the winter in,
huddled around gas fires and expensive to heat. It was originally built
with a coal fired range in the kitchen, open fire in the living room, a
second one in the main bedroom and masses of fixed air ventilation.
Then it was converted to use gas cooking and gas fires.

Energy input now is very low and all of the house can be used even in
the coldest weather. We fired the heating up earlier in the week for
the first time since the summer. The stat is set at 19C and waste heat
from appliances holds it close to that, so the boiler rarely needs to
fire. It fired just once, last evening.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

sweetheart wrote:
On Sunday, October 1, 2017 at 9:06:57 AM UTC+1, Brian Gaff wrote:
Small but significant leak in a pipe somewhere near a radiator?
I guess you need to run a de humidifier and see what you end up with. If
there are masses of water being removed with few people in the house there
has to be another source of moisture somewhere. I mean you do need
ventilation but not to the extent of heating the outside!
I suppose it is possible that the surfaces concerned are much colder than
the rest of the place but unlikely I'd have thought.

Brian

There is absolutely nothing leaking. I have been through the whole place. Its basically condensation.
--

OK No leaks then so where is the water coming from?
I assume this house is a relatively modern build standard with a

If there is a continuous DPM, then usually the answer boils down to
lifestyle.
Sources are
Breathing: already covered, unavoidable but keep a small window open
overnight in the bedroom to help.
Cooking: Use lids on all pans, microwave instead of boiling veg, use
extractor hood to outside from the start of cooking until 30 mins after.
Laundry: never ever dry clothes in the house. Use of high spin speed and
a tumble drier is best or have a utility room with a dehumidifier and
forced air circulation.
Bathing: showers and baths create a lot of air born water vapour. A
powerful extractor when you are in the bathroom and open windows with
extractor still running for 30 minutes after leaving the bathroom.
Heating: long term heating will heat up the fabric of the house and
reduce condensation. short term heating just raises the air temperature
which enables it to hold more water which is dumped as condensation on
cooler walls.

If that lot does not improve things, and it really ought to, then a
mechanical heat recovery and ventilation system should be considered.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sunday, October 1, 2017 at 10:33:46 AM UTC+1, Tim Lamb wrote:
In message ,
sweetheart writes

Condensation leads to the mould. You have to warm up the surfaces or
have less moist air or both.

Cooking, clothes drying, showering etc. all put moisture into the air in
your home.

More ventilation and more heat will help but directly extracting moist
air from the source could be a first move. Recovering up to 50% of the
heat lost is worth exploring but ducting, disruption and cost a
consideration.

--
Tim Lamb

I have done everything you have suggested. I do not dry clothes indoors. I have a washing machine/tumble dryer outsikde in an old preparation room ( this used to be a market garden - not just a house). The prep room is detached from the house which means I get wet today going out to do my washing.

I have cut everything to a minimum - dishwasher runs only every other day. I dont boil the kettle unless absolutely necessary....... we have realy just got down to breathing and minimal living only but the problem persists.

I have put the heating on across the house to stop this mold spreading. That does seem to work to an extent.

I have the dehumidifier running now as I am cooking ( I only cook once a week, the rest of the time I use a microwave or we have cold meals ( not exactly good but I wanted to see what it took to sort the mold out.).

For what it is worth - and this could be nothing at all - I have found that the main wall for condensation is the back kitchen walls ( both external and north/north west facing). Today, as I cook, the tempreture in the kitchen is currently 20 degrees C and the back wall is dripping with condensation already. There is nothing at all on this wall. No appliances etc.

There are tiles on that back wall. I suspect its the tiles causing the problem but my OH says no. Certainly the condensation starts on the times and drips downward. Where I have plain wall it isnt wet. However, the mold seems to be spun around the room and starts from the back wall and works its way through the kitchen mainly across the ceiling and then unfortunately from there to the rest of the house ( a bungalow).

I do not strangely enough have any issues in the bathroom - yes, a bit of mold over the shower, but it is surprisingly free of mold compared to the kitchen.

I am seriously contemplating the nu air system.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 01/10/2017 09:27, sweetheart wrote:
[...]

It's not me that is complaining about the damp for the sixth year on a row.

--
Adam
Posted to uk.d-i-y

The daft thing is that I don't have any extractors and yet the bathing and
drying of clothes inside causes little problem even when its cold.
admittedly I only have two outside walls but they are not cavity walls and
the windows thought double glazed are 1970 vintage. There has either to be
some other source of water or maybe there are too many people all pumping
iron in that house or something.
Brian

--
----- -
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please!
"Bob Minchin" wrote in message
news
sweetheart wrote:
[...]

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 01/10/2017 09:41, Andrew Mawson wrote:
"sweetheart"Â* wrote in message

On Sunday, October 1, 2017 at 9:06:57 AM UTC+1, Brian Gaff wrote:
Small but significant leak in a pipe somewhere near a radiator?
Â*I guess you need to run a de humidifier and see what you end up
with. If
there are masses of water being removed with few people in the house
there
has to be another source of moisture somewhere. I mean you do need
ventilation but not to the extent of heating the outside!
Â*I suppose it is possible that the surfaces concerned are much colder
than
the rest of the place but unlikely I'd have thought.

Â*Brian

There is absolutely nothing leaking. I have been through the whole
place. Its basically condensation.
--

Have you tried running a dehumidifier? I have a largish commercial one
that draws amazing amounts of water out of the air in a room (and hence
long term the fabric of the room) so long as the room isn't cold. It
also has quite a powerful fan, so the dry air circulates.

The trouble is that they consume a lot of power. Less of a problem if
you have economy 7. 200W permanently running for 6 months is £100+

Posted to uk.d-i-y

sweetheart wrote:

I am seriously contemplating the nu air system.

Before retrofitting an MHVR system, I'd get an air-leakage report done,
preferabky independent from the proposed supplier of the system, or you
could still end up with an ineffective system, or lots of expensive work
done to seal leaks.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 01/10/2017 09:10, Brian Reay wrote:
On 01/10/2017 08:54, sweetheart wrote:

Some will understand this problem and others will not. You have to
know about wet and damp weatherÂ* and condensationÂ* in old ( and over
insulated maybe?) houses.

So, winter is coming on and now I have to close the windows ( its
colder) or heat the rain and the wind outside. My condensation and
mold problems are returning andÂ* they are spreading. What was a
problem in the kitchen has now it the whole house. Its musty, stinking
andÂ* black mold is growing in a lot of corners.

I have cleaned, painted and sorted all the maintenance problems. This
is not leaking roof, guttering or anything else. I have cut back trees
and checked under the floor. This is a condensation issue - beyond
stopping breathing. I am at a loss.

I have been told to put more insulation in, new windows double glazed
and all manner of energy efficiencyÂ* - and I did - problem made
worse!Â* Its still biggest in the kitchen ( where I have both a de
humidifier and a heater now)

So, I seem to be down to two solutions. I either

(a) I have to turn up the heat ( most rooms are sitting at 20 degrees
C - with the kitchen at around 15 C). I have even had one heater on
all summer .....

b)Â* try for one of those ventilation things that go in the roof ( Nu
air?)Â* which promises to sort it out ( but, hey, promises, promises?)

Can anyone who has really had this problem and who has sorted it
advise now?

I know someone who was plagued by condensation in a flat- we are talking
furniture ruined etc. A dehumidifier didn't really help.

After some 'discussion', the landlord fitted one of those extractor fans
which removes 'damp air', but uses it to warm incoming air. It was
fitted in the bathroom.

Last I heard, it seemed to have fixed the problems.

I was thinking of suggesting this route, you need extracts in normally
the kitchen and bathroom with incoming vents in bedrooms and living
room. Then a heat exchanger in the attic. Given cold outside air is less
humid it's a good way for drying internal air and extracting damp air.

The noise from the forced circulation is a little intrusive but would
have a timer to turn it off during sleep hours.

The other problem is decorating and making good afterwards. I think it
would go some way to solving Sweethearts damp problems.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 01/10/2017 08:54, sweetheart wrote:

Some will understand this problem and others will not. You have to know about wet and damp weather and condensation in old ( and over insulated maybe?) houses.

So, winter is coming on and now I have to close the windows ( its colder)

It's colder in winter?

The Daily Express will be happy to put that on their front page.

https://www.theguardian.com/environm...eme-inaccuracy
--
Adam
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sunday, October 1, 2017 at 11:37:06 AM UTC+1, Bob Minchin wrote:
sweetheart wrote:
[...]

The house is sound. I have had it checked, double checked and maintenance has all been done.

I think someone before me actually over insulated this house. Its 1950's and its supposed to breathe, it was not built to be bubble wrapped and it doesnt breathe anymore - or at least not properly. All the surveyors and builders just laugh and tell me its " The Cornish problem" and I am lucky because many houses are worse. But I have a weak chest as a result of pneumonia a few years ago and the mold is a big issue for me.

I have had it suggested I need to ventilate more. I have got ventilators.

Every year I have to re pain the wall and ceiling and remove the mold. I did it just a few weeks ago and its already coming back.

I open windows but that really doesnt work. Its works in summer . It works on a dry day. The hygrometer in the kitchen is currently showing 70 ( 60 is maximum normal) . I am cooking and this does increase the problem. However, I have lids on the pans. I have my oven door firmly shut. I have to cook and feed my family and myself.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sunday, October 1, 2017 at 11:52:32 AM UTC+1, ARW wrote:
[...]

Exactly! Six ruddy years and I still cannot get rid of it.

I have had builders in and surveyors. I have replaced the windows, had insulation, had the guttering fascias, soffits and all manner of everything sorted out/ renewed and had the place checked for leaks.

The last thing I need my dearest cutist Adam is you offering nothing but your sarcasm. Go slither back under your stone and hibernate. Just remember it not compulsory o to read my posts or to reply.
Thanks.

Now I am ignoring anything else you have to say. I will not give you oxygen..

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 01/10/2017 12:18, sweetheart wrote:
[...]

6 years of riddles and ********, a bit of an inheritance, some sort of
disability and the only thing that never gets moist in your house is
your fanny.

I have my own oxygen thank you very much.

--
Adam
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 01/10/2017 12:10, sweetheart wrote:
The house is sound. I have had it checked, double checked and maintenance has all been done.

I think someone before me actually over insulated this house. Its 1950's and its supposed to breathe, it was not built to be bubble wrapped and it doesnt breathe anymore - or at least not properly.

Was it built with Mundic? block.

If 50's built then presumably it is of cavity wall construction and has
a proper DPC under the ground floor slab and a felted roof construction.

Being Cornwall where the climate is mild, over insulating would seem
excessive anyway.

Was it cavity wall insulated at some point ?. If so, because you are
in an area where driving rain can infiltrate the cavity, the insulation
*might* have become saturated, especially if it was a cowboy install
using non-treated rockwool. In this case your only solution is to
have bricks removed from the outer leaf and rake it all out.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 01/10/2017 09:30, Tim Lamb wrote:
In message ,
sweetheart writes

[...]

A 50's house will have a chimney. Just have a good open fire or install
a log burner and heat up the entire fabric of the house. This will
drive the damp away.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 01/10/2017 12:40, Huge wrote:

I'm pretty sure "she" is a troll. And a very good one.

Of course it's a troll.

The damp problems are caused by living under a bridge.

--
Adam
Posted to uk.d-i-y

sweetheart explained :
I open windows but that really doesnt work. Its works in summer . It works
on a dry day. The hygrometer in the kitchen is currently showing 70 ( 60 is
maximum normal) . I am cooking and this does increase the problem. However,
I have lids on the pans. I have my oven door firmly shut. I have to cook
and feed my family and myself.

Mine is recorded every 10 minutes and the highest level, in the worst
of the weather here, is 40 to 45%.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sunday, 1 October 2017 11:54:41 UTC+1, Fredxxx wrote:
The trouble is that they consume a lot of power. Less of a problem if
you have economy 7. 200W permanently running for 6 months is £100+

Or less than £20 a month, sounds like a bargain to me.

Owain

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 01/10/17 08:54, sweetheart wrote:

[...]

As others have pointed out, and your use of inverted commas suggests,
it's a widespread problem outside Cornwall.

The usual explanation is hermetically sealed homes, but I have my
doubts. You've noted that even insulated walls can get condensation on
them, and that north walls are somewhat worse. My infrared thermometer
shows that a north wall, even if insulated, is often a couple of degrees
colder than a south wall (maybe 17 degrees compared to 19). But should
this make a difference?

We have noticed that the bedroom has noticeably more mould than other
rooms (including the bathroom), and even mould (green, rather than
black) appears particularly on leather items even though they've been
stored in sealed in polythene bags for ages. There is no doubt that a
dehumidifier helps, and so far it's the only thing which does.

I can't understand this idea of "leaving a window open" to ventilate a
room, particularly at night. If you have a humidity meter outside, it
almost never fails to reach 95%+ humidity, in the early hours, whereas
inside it will usually be 60 - 70%. So by opening a window, you are
allowing damper air to enter!

Of course, many years ago, in the 40s and 50s, mould never seemed to be
a great problem, Well, there was little if no central heating for the
masses, and people did sleep with windows open, and in winter ice formed
from the condensation inside bedroom windows. But why wasn't there all
this mould we are seeing today? I think the explanation is
straightforward, and is the same reason why gardeners had less trouble
with varieties of roses which were known to be susceptible to black
spot, rust, mildew, and other fungal diseases. It's simply that the air
was polluted with pretty high levels of sulphur dioxide from all the
coal burning fires, and it not only got mould off the roses, but out of
houses too.

In cleaning up the air we breath, we've just exchanged one form of air
pollution for another, except this time it's fungal rather than
chemical. Years ago, after a child had recovered from one of the common
respiratory infections, it was usual to burn a sulphur candle in the
bedroom to fumigate it. It would be interesting to try one now in a room
with a severe mould problem to see if it helped. Unfortunately, because
sulphur candles were effective, they have been deemed unsafe and it is
now impossible to get them easily, if at all, at a sensible price. Oh,
here come the D-I-Y bit - you could always try making your own!

--

Jeff
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:
[...]

What paint did you use? My experience of antifungal paint is quite good,
or at least better than standard.

I open windows but that really doesnt work. Its works in summer . It
works on a dry day. The hygrometer in the kitchen is currently
showing 70 ( 60 is maximum normal) . I am cooking and this does
increase the problem. However, I have lids on the pans. I have my
oven door firmly shut. I have to cook and feed my family and
myself.

60-70 shows inadequate ventilation, especially if a warm kitchen and
cold outside.
Perhaps fit a bigger extractor if you have one already, not a cooker one
that recirculates.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Was it built with Mundic? block.

If 50's built then presumably it is of cavity wall construction and has
a proper DPC under the ground floor slab and a felted roof construction.

Being Cornwall where the climate is mild, over insulating would seem
excessive anyway.

Was it cavity wall insulated at some point ?. If so, because you are
in an area where driving rain can infiltrate the cavity, the insulation
*might* have become saturated, especially if it was a cowboy install
using non-treated rockwool. In this case your only solution is to
have bricks removed from the outer leaf and rake it all out.

Its not mundic. That was tested when we bought it. It is cavity wall but I decided against insulation because I already had problems and didnt want them made worse. I just think that the windows and roof ( which were done ) have made it too air tight and the air flow is too slow and thats why we have issues but mostly people just tell me to open the windows ( which doesnt work).

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sunday, October 1, 2017 at 1:19:46 PM UTC+1, ARW wrote:
On 01/10/2017 12:40, Huge wrote:

I'm pretty sure "she" is a troll. And a very good one.

Of course it's a troll.

The damp problems are caused by living under a bridge.

--
Adam

I do wish you wouldnt do this. I have explained myself before. I value the decent replies I get. This is a persistent probloem and I have indeed posted before - tried the suggestions and , I have, I admit got the condenstation down with those suggestions. I value and appreciate anyone who takes the time to help. I take it all on board.

One has to ask who is actually living under the bridge - is it ARW and his freinds?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sunday, October 1, 2017 at 12:53:49 PM UTC+1, Andrew wrote:
[...]

Yes, we do have chimneys. I have thought about opening at least one of them.. The others are in bedrooms and so it really wouldnt be practical. The kitchen once had a boiler/fire aga style set up but the kitchen has been re styled ( circa 1980) and it would mean massive disruption to get that chimney opened

I am not keen on open fires ( I have a fire / open flames phobia ever since childhood). It wouldn't be my first choice, but I will consider it.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sunday, October 1, 2017 at 2:11:02 PM UTC+1, Jeff Layman wrote:
[...]

Those are interesting observations and since I was a kid in the 1960's I would also think valid. I cannot recall my parents, grandparents or any of my aunts and uncles having issues in their cold , often icy in winter , homes.

Sulpher...... I am just wondering now. 'Tis true they have banned the most effective cleaners and products that kill mold. Nothing works. Bleach is about the best now.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sunday, October 1, 2017 at 2:12:00 PM UTC+1, Fredxxx wrote:

What paint did you use? My experience of antifungal paint is quite good,
or at least better than standard.

I have been using kitchen and bathroom paint ( stuff from the DIY shoups. I think the last one was Crown brand. However, a friend of my husbands who is a painter and decorator ( and he has done some painting for me) said there was a better quality paint available from the building merchants but I have not tried that yet.

60-70 shows inadequate ventilation, especially if a warm kitchen and
cold outside.
Perhaps fit a bigger extractor if you have one already, not a cooker one
that recirculates.

Thats what I have been thinking. I am thinking the house has been bubble wrapped and is hermetically sealed because of all the "eco drives" that have led to too much insulation and not enough air movement. So, just a better ventilator or a Nu Air?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 01/10/2017 12:40, Huge wrote:

I'm pretty sure "she" is a troll. And a very good one.

Of course it's a troll.

The damp problems are caused by living under a bridge.

--
Adam

I do wish you wouldnt do this. I have explained myself before. I value the decent replies I get. This is a persistent probloem and I have indeed posted before - tried the suggestions and , I have, I admit got the condenstation down with those suggestions. I value and appreciate anyone who takes the time to help. I take it all on board.

One has to ask who is actually living under the bridge - is it ARW and his freinds?

I've not got any friends.

"Now I am ignoring anything else you have to say. I will not give you
oxygen." ring any bells?

--
Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

[...]

How about posting photos of the house, the ventilators and the mould?

--
Robin
Posted to uk.d-i-y

sweetheart wrote:
[...]

Just the one comment.
Cheap bleach is rubbish, Domestos is the dog's tasty bits.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sunday, 1 October 2017 16:18:49 UTC+1, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:
Domestos is the dog's tasty bits.

Do you mean dangly bits?

Although I do know someone from Korea, I could ask him next time I see him.

Owain

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sunday, 1 October 2017 08:54:41 UTC+1, sweetheart wrote:
[...]

Most condensation problems originate from moisture generated inside the building and are best tackled at source.

EG cooker hood to get rid of steam from cooking.
Extract fan in bathroom/shower cubicle.

Don't forget, You have to let air in to replace that extracted.