Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Metalic finish car paint.

A friend of mine has had to get a ford door changed and some dents removed
and resprayed under the insurance, and when he got it back the respray
feathered edges stand out like a sore thumb as the flecks are lighter in
colour than the old paint. Its gone back but this is not the first time I've
heard how hard it is to get metallic effect paint fixed without respraying
the whole thing.

Glad I'll never drive, honestly...
Brian

--
----- -
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please!

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 16 May 2017 10:45:46 GMT
Bob Eager wrote:

I opted for non metallic on the car I have now. The default solid
blue was £450 cheaper than any metallic, and even cheaper than other
solid colours.

On Tue, 16 May 2017 11:28:02 +0100, Brian Gaff wrote:

A friend of mine has had to get a ford door changed and some dents
removed and resprayed under the insurance, and when he got it back
the respray feathered edges stand out like a sore thumb as the
flecks are lighter in colour than the old paint. Its gone back but
this is not the first time I've heard how hard it is to get
metallic effect paint fixed without respraying the whole thing.

Glad I'll never drive, honestly...
Brian

Just be glad it wasn't the green/purple colour that Ford had as an
option for a while in the US. Version are now available aftermarket,
but can you imagine trying to repair damage to one?

http://www.urekem-paints.com/chameleon-car-paint-colors

--
Davey.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 16 May 2017 12:00:51 +0100, Davey wrote:

[...]

Yuk!

My wife nearly went for the default bright yellow for her EcoSport.
However, they gave her a good deal on the solid white, for which she was
grateful (so was I). The yellow one was bought by a local estate agent
whose trademark colour was that yellow.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 16 May 2017 12:00:51 +0100, Davey wrote:

Just be glad it wasn't the green/purple colour that Ford had as an
option for a while in the US. Version are now available aftermarket,
but can you imagine trying to repair damage to one?

http://www.urekem-paints.com/chameleon-car-paint-colors

Officer: "And what colour was the car that ran down that guy"
Bystander: "It was red"
Bystander 2: "no, it was green"
Bystander 3: "no, it was yellow!"

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Brian Gaff wrote:
A friend of mine has had to get a ford door changed and some dents
removed and resprayed under the insurance, and when he got it back the
respray feathered edges stand out like a sore thumb as the flecks are
lighter in colour than the old paint. Its gone back but this is not the
first time I've heard how hard it is to get metallic effect paint fixed
without respraying the whole thing.

All down to the skills of the repairer. My last car was dark green
metallic. Got a scrape to the rear wing which the 'other' insurance
company paid for. Whole wing was resprayed, and stood out like a sore
thumb. Gave them the 'either you make that wing match the rest of the car,
or the rest of the car match that wing'. And the second attempt was
perfect. My guess is they tried to save money by using cheap paint.

--
*He's not dead - he's electroencephalographically challenged

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 16/05/2017 12:50, Bob Eager wrote:

My wife nearly went for the default bright yellow for her EcoSport.
However, they gave her a good deal on the solid white, for which she was
grateful (so was I). The yellow one was bought by a local estate agent
whose trademark colour was that yellow.

What's the matter with yellow? Highly visible. White shown drips from
overhead trees and the non-white components of bird ****.

--
Max Demian
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Bob Eager" wrote in message
[...]

I went for the non default bright yellow for my Getz,
mainly because its more likely to be noticed by fools
in traffic and is easier to find in carparks etc.

Likely to be more of a problem if the
accident is my fault and I dont stop tho.

However, they gave her a good deal on the solid white,

Too common so its harder to find in the carpark.

for which she was grateful (so was I). The yellow one was bought
by a local estate agent whose trademark colour was that yellow.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Max Demian" wrote in message
o.uk...
On 16/05/2017 12:50, Bob Eager wrote:

My wife nearly went for the default bright yellow for her EcoSport.
However, they gave her a good deal on the solid white, for which she was
grateful (so was I). The yellow one was bought by a local estate agent
whose trademark colour was that yellow.

What's the matter with yellow? Highly visible.

Yep, and much easier to find in the carpark because
hardly anyone else has a bright yellow car.

White shown drips from overhead trees

So does yellow.

and the non-white components of bird ****.

So does yellow.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tuesday, 16 May 2017 21:29:43 UTC+1, Rod Speed wrote:
"Max Demian" wrote in message
o.uk...
On 16/05/2017 12:50, Bob Eager wrote:

My wife nearly went for the default bright yellow for her EcoSport.
However, they gave her a good deal on the solid white, for which she was
grateful (so was I). The yellow one was bought by a local estate agent
whose trademark colour was that yellow.

What's the matter with yellow? Highly visible.

Yep, and much easier to find in the carpark because
hardly anyone else has a bright yellow car.

White shown drips from overhead trees

So does yellow.

and the non-white components of bird ****.

So does yellow.

All colours show up birdsht. Maybe someone should introduce a special bird crapped all over look so you don't notice the real crap.

NT

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 16 May 2017 10:45:46 GMT, Bob Eager wrote:

I opted for non metallic on the car I have now. The default solid blue
was £450 cheaper than any metallic, and even cheaper than other solid
colours.

I guess you didn't buy a Mini

For a sign of how really screwed up the world of paint on cars has become there
is now just one 'zero cost' colour on the Mini, a metallic grey, everything
else, solid or metallic is £475, except for the solid blue or green which are
£750.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Tim Streater" wrote in message
.. .
Bob Eager Wrote in message:
[...]

White is a bad colour, as we found out when using a loan car for some
weeks that was white.

Mind you, the range of colours these days is ****-poor.

I love Fords racing/rosso red. In sunlight it looks the dogs goolies.

I'm sure that Dave will be along shortly with the superior definitive answer
to paintwork.
Maybe of the form - "thank you for confirming this, that or the other".
Followed by taking the **** out of something.
On no account take the **** out of Dave. Voting Labour takes balls.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Tim Streater wrote:
White is a bad colour, as we found out when using a loan car for some
weeks that was white.

I've found generally that light colours show up dirt less than dark. Did
have a white car once, and nothing like so bad as black. But the once
popular silver is probably best.

--
*Okay, who stopped the payment on my reality check? *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote in message
In article ,
Tim Streater wrote:
White is a bad colour, as we found out when using a loan car for some
weeks that was white.

I've found generally that light colours show up dirt less than dark. Did
have a white car once, and nothing like so bad as black. But the once
popular silver is probably best.

Silver looks like a dirty road.
God knows why people choose such crap.
Ohhhh, Dave likes it.
Figures.
Vote Jeremy, LMFAO.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Tim Streater wrote:
White is a bad colour, as we found out when using a loan car for some
weeks that was white.

I've found generally that light colours show up dirt less than dark. Did
have a white car once, and nothing like so bad as black. But the once
popular silver is probably best.

Silver looks like a dirty road.
God knows why people choose such crap.
Ohhhh, Dave likes it.
Figures.
Vote Jeremy, LMFAO.

Metallic grey aka silver camouflages itself against both road and sky. Sidelights on all the time makes sense on those cars.

NT

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jim Jim is offline

Bob Eager Wrote in message:
[...]

Don't crash it! Aiui paintshops hate partial repaints of white
cars, getting a match is a b#stard....
--
Jim K

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Tim Streater wrote:
White is a bad colour, as we found out when using a loan car for some
weeks that was white.

I've found generally that light colours show up dirt less than dark.
Did
have a white car once, and nothing like so bad as black. But the once
popular silver is probably best.

Silver looks like a dirty road.
God knows why people choose such crap.
Ohhhh, Dave likes it.
Figures.
Vote Jeremy, LMFAO.

Metallic grey aka silver camouflages itself against both road and sky.
Sidelights on all the time makes sense on those cars.

Absolutely, you can't see them. Red has worked for me for 32 years so far.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Tim Streater wrote:
White is a bad colour, as we found out when using a loan car for some
weeks that was white.

I've found generally that light colours show up dirt less than dark. Did
have a white car once, and nothing like so bad as black. But the once
popular silver is probably best.

Silver looks like a dirty road.
God knows why people choose such crap.
Ohhhh, Dave likes it.
Figures.
Vote Jeremy, LMFAO.

BM - another group prat who can't read plain English.

Metallic grey aka silver camouflages itself against both road and sky.
Sidelights on all the time makes sense on those cars.

That must be why most police cars were silver at one time?

NT

--
*Toilet stolen from police station. Cops have nothing to go on.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 17 May 2017 11:04:14 +0100, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

Metallic grey aka silver camouflages itself against both road and sky.
Sidelights on all the time makes sense on those cars.

That must be why most police cars were silver at one time?

Q cars!

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Bob Eager wrote:
On Wed, 17 May 2017 11:04:14 +0100, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

Metallic grey aka silver camouflages itself against both road and sky.
Sidelights on all the time makes sense on those cars.

That must be why most police cars were silver at one time?

Q cars!

;-)

IIRC, one of the second generation Z cars - the MKIV Fords - was silver.

--
*Friends help you move. Real friends help you move bodies.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 5/16/2017 1:15 PM, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
Brian Gaff wrote:
A friend of mine has had to get a ford door changed and some dents
removed and resprayed under the insurance, and when he got it back the
respray feathered edges stand out like a sore thumb as the flecks are
lighter in colour than the old paint. Its gone back but this is not the
first time I've heard how hard it is to get metallic effect paint fixed
without respraying the whole thing.

All down to the skills of the repairer. My last car was dark green
metallic. Got a scrape to the rear wing which the 'other' insurance
company paid for. Whole wing was resprayed, and stood out like a sore
thumb. Gave them the 'either you make that wing match the rest of the car,
or the rest of the car match that wing'. And the second attempt was
perfect. My guess is they tried to save money by using cheap paint.

Or got the expert to do it, rather than the apprentice.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Brian Gaff wrote:
A friend of mine has had to get a ford door changed and some dents
removed and resprayed under the insurance, and when he got it back
the respray feathered edges stand out like a sore thumb as the flecks
are lighter in colour than the old paint. Its gone back but this is
not the first time I've heard how hard it is to get metallic effect
paint fixed without respraying the whole thing.

All down to the skills of the repairer. My last car was dark green
metallic. Got a scrape to the rear wing which the 'other' insurance
company paid for. Whole wing was resprayed, and stood out like a sore
thumb. Gave them the 'either you make that wing match the rest of the
car, or the rest of the car match that wing'. And the second attempt
was perfect. My guess is they tried to save money by using cheap paint.

Or got the expert to do it, rather than the apprentice.

It was actually the base green that looked wrong - rather than how it was
applied. It was a very dark green you could mistake for black on a dull
day. Only in the sunlight did it sparkle.

--
*It doesn't take a genius to spot a goat in a flock of sheep *