Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Metalic finish car paint.

I opted for non metallic on the car I have now. The default solid blue
was £450 cheaper than any metallic, and even cheaper than other solid
colours.

On Tue, 16 May 2017 11:28:02 +0100, Brian Gaff wrote:

A friend of mine has had to get a ford door changed and some dents
removed and resprayed under the insurance, and when he got it back the
respray feathered edges stand out like a sore thumb as the flecks are
lighter in colour than the old paint. Its gone back but this is not the
first time I've heard how hard it is to get metallic effect paint fixed
without respraying the whole thing.

Glad I'll never drive, honestly...
Brian