Posted to uk.d-i-y
Davey Davey is offline

Default Metalic finish car paint.

On 16 May 2017 10:45:46 GMT
Bob Eager wrote:

I opted for non metallic on the car I have now. The default solid
blue was £450 cheaper than any metallic, and even cheaper than other
solid colours.

On Tue, 16 May 2017 11:28:02 +0100, Brian Gaff wrote:

A friend of mine has had to get a ford door changed and some dents
removed and resprayed under the insurance, and when he got it back
the respray feathered edges stand out like a sore thumb as the
flecks are lighter in colour than the old paint. Its gone back but
this is not the first time I've heard how hard it is to get
metallic effect paint fixed without respraying the whole thing.

Glad I'll never drive, honestly...
Brian

Just be glad it wasn't the green/purple colour that Ford had as an
option for a while in the US. Version are now available aftermarket,
but can you imagine trying to repair damage to one?

http://www.urekem-paints.com/chameleon-car-paint-colors

--
Davey.