Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Metalic finish car paint.

In article ,
Brian Gaff wrote:
A friend of mine has had to get a ford door changed and some dents
removed and resprayed under the insurance, and when he got it back the
respray feathered edges stand out like a sore thumb as the flecks are
lighter in colour than the old paint. Its gone back but this is not the
first time I've heard how hard it is to get metallic effect paint fixed
without respraying the whole thing.

All down to the skills of the repairer. My last car was dark green
metallic. Got a scrape to the rear wing which the 'other' insurance
company paid for. Whole wing was resprayed, and stood out like a sore
thumb. Gave them the 'either you make that wing match the rest of the car,
or the rest of the car match that wing'. And the second attempt was
perfect. My guess is they tried to save money by using cheap paint.

--
*He's not dead - he's electroencephalographically challenged

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.