Posted to uk.d-i-y
bm[_2_] bm[_2_] is offline

Default Metalic finish car paint.

"Tim Streater" wrote in message
.. .
Bob Eager Wrote in message:
On Tue, 16 May 2017 12:00:51 +0100, Davey wrote:

On 16 May 2017 10:45:46 GMT Bob Eager wrote:
On Tue, 16 May 2017 11:28:02 +0100, Brian Gaff wrote:

A friend of mine has had to get a ford door changed and some dents
removed and resprayed under the insurance, and when he got it back
the respray feathered edges stand out like a sore thumb as the
flecks
are lighter in colour than the old paint. Its gone back but this is
not the first time I've heard how hard it is to get metallic effect
paint fixed without respraying the whole thing.

Glad I'll never drive, honestly...
Brian

I opted for non metallic on the car I have now. The default solid blue
was £450 cheaper than any metallic, and even cheaper than other solid
colours.

Just be glad it wasn't the green/purple colour that Ford had as an
option for a while in the US. Version are now available aftermarket,
but can you imagine trying to repair damage to one?

http://www.urekem-paints.com/chameleon-car-paint-colors

Yuk!

My wife nearly went for the default bright yellow for her EcoSport.
However, they gave her a good deal on the solid white, for which she was
grateful (so was I).

White is a bad colour, as we found out when using a loan car for some
weeks that was white.

Mind you, the range of colours these days is ****-poor.

I love Fords racing/rosso red. In sunlight it looks the dogs goolies.

I'm sure that Dave will be along shortly with the superior definitive answer
to paintwork.
Maybe of the form - "thank you for confirming this, that or the other".
Followed by taking the **** out of something.
On no account take the **** out of Dave. Voting Labour takes balls.