Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default The filthy sluts kittens

dennis@home wrote
Tim Streater wrote

He seems to be after the sort of certainty that
doesn't, never has, and never will exist.

Yep.

I can see it now in 1939:

Chamberlain: We are now at war with Garmany.

T i m: But can you tell us *exactly* how we will win it and by *when*?
The country and families / couples are still very much divided on the
whole Nazi thing.

Its a bit different now as the only war is within the UK.

Yes, the detail is always different, but it is indeed another
example where the outcome is impossible to predict and
yet a decision has to be made anyway.

It looks like harry will get his way and have a little england
ruled by englishmen once Scotland, Wales and Ireland are
independent countries who may even be in the EU.

We'll see. IMO its unlikely that that will be the outcome
and hardly the end of civilisation as we know it if it is.

Will that mean Gibralter and the others will also be given up?

Who knows ? Who cares ?

They want to be British not English.

Not a good enough reason to not leave the EU IMO.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 2 Apr 2017 03:47:33 +1000, "Rod Speed"
wrote:

snip

At the same time she is often the voice of reason, especially when
it's something she knows is going to even further stretch what little
time we have available for 'more' projects but very rarely (if ever)
tells me I *can't* do something (and me likewise to her).

No one in that situation ever gets to tell the other that they arent
allowed to do something, or even that it isnt physically possible either.

You have never lived with a woman or been married I'm guessing?

Cheers, T i m
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

snip

At the same time she is often the voice of reason, especially when
it's something she knows is going to even further stretch what little
time we have available for 'more' projects but very rarely (if ever)
tells me I *can't* do something (and me likewise to her).

No one in that situation ever gets to tell the other that they arent
allowed to do something, or even that it isnt physically possible either.

You have never lived with a woman or been married I'm guessing?

I have never know a woman to be "a voice of reason". Well not for a full
month.

And if I had my own laws I would ban women from driving cars. They are
**** at driving and even worse at parking.

--
Adam
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

snip

At the same time she is often the voice of reason, especially when
it's something she knows is going to even further stretch what little
time we have available for 'more' projects but very rarely (if ever)
tells me I *can't* do something (and me likewise to her).

No one in that situation ever gets to tell the other that they arent
allowed to do something, or even that it isnt physically possible either.

You have never lived with a woman or been married I'm guessing?

I have never know a woman to be "a voice of reason". Well not for a full
month.

Then you may not have known the right women. ;-)

And if I had my own laws I would ban women from driving cars.

;-)

They are
**** at driving and even worse at parking.

And there was me thinking you were a 'new man' as you owned a car. ;-)

FWIW I think my Mrs is a better motorbike rider than she is a car
driver and she admits you have to concentrate more when on a
motorbike.

Cheers, T i m

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

[...]

Yes, the ashtrays are crap on a motorbike.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

T i m wrote
Rod Speed wrote
T i m wrote

At the same time she is often the voice of reason, especially when
it's something she knows is going to even further stretch what little
time we have available for 'more' projects but very rarely (if ever)
tells me I *can't* do something (and me likewise to her).

No one in that situation ever gets to tell the other that they arent
allowed to do something, or even that it isnt physically possible either.

You have never lived with a woman or been married I'm guessing?

Guess again.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Saturday, 1 April 2017 21:14:31 UTC+1, ARW wrote:

And if I had my own laws I would ban women from driving cars. They are
**** at driving and even worse at parking.

Funny how many men say that. Women get lower insurance premiums - there's a reason for that.

NT
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , ARW
writes
On 31/03/2017 22:09, Graeme wrote:

When I pop out to the shops, she will sit by the
gate until I return. A cat would just open one eye then go back to
sleep :-)

In winter my cat goes round to the next door but one neighbours when I
am at work and my central heating is off - before falling asleep on
their setee next to the radiator.

grin I was going to say cats are more intelligent than dogs, but that
isn't true. Cats are more cunning? Crafty? Self sufficient? Our dog
will always choose the warmest spot, but only within the room we're in.
Cat would just find the warmest spot anywhere.

--
Graeme
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 02/04/2017 08:38, Graeme wrote:
In message , ARW
writes
On 31/03/2017 22:09, Graeme wrote:

When I pop out to the shops, she will sit by the
gate until I return. A cat would just open one eye then go back to
sleep :-)

In winter my cat goes round to the next door but one neighbours when I
am at work and my central heating is off - before falling asleep on
their setee next to the radiator.

grin I was going to say cats are more intelligent than dogs, but that
isn't true. Cats are more cunning? Crafty? Self sufficient? Our dog
will always choose the warmest spot, but only within the room we're in.
Cat would just find the warmest spot anywhere.

Cats are indeed cunning. The next door but one neighbours do not like
cats. It made it's way in there by looking cute.

--
Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 2 Apr 2017 08:38:56 +0100, Graeme
wrote:

In message , ARW
writes
On 31/03/2017 22:09, Graeme wrote:

When I pop out to the shops, she will sit by the
gate until I return. A cat would just open one eye then go back to
sleep :-)

In winter my cat goes round to the next door but one neighbours when I
am at work and my central heating is off - before falling asleep on
their setee next to the radiator.

grin I was going to say cats are more intelligent than dogs, but that
isn't true.

Apparently, dogs are the only animal species that have learned to read
'Left Gaze Bias' (the idea being the right side of our faces more
accurately reflect our moods). So, dogs are bight enough to work this
out because their survival (these days) depends on them pleasing us.
Just the sort of ability most would want from an animal that was
supposed to be a companion 'to / for us'.

https://www.canidae.com/blog/2009/12...elate-to-dogs/

Cats are more cunning? Crafty? Self sufficient?

And often arrogant and spiteful ... probably because they (many)
aren't and don't want to be 'companion animals'.

Our dog
will always choose the warmest spot, but only within the room we're in.

Agreed. Being close to us is what they are about.

Cat would just find the warmest spot anywhere.

Often somewhere you would prefer it not to be, like on your laptop or
on top of the tropical fish tank or food preparation surfaces.

Of course, what we actually see from our individual animals can vary
quite a bit. Of our last 3 (rescue) dogs (whippet terrier, pedigree
whippet and lurcher), the whippet terrier was the most 'switched on'
and I really believe had been here before. She would walk to heel and
seem to actually understand everything you said. She was also very
protective of us and our property and would even protect food from the
other two. ;-)

The whippet was more like a cat (and not typical of the many whippets
our family have had) in that it would generally go along with what was
going on but didn't really 'fetch' or be that bothered about being
with us, as long as she knew we were around.

The lurcher was just dopey and would generally just chase the whippet
terrier if we threw the ball for them all. However, he was the fastest
thing we have seen on 4 legs. ;-)

None of them *ever* bit (in ~15 years) or intentionally scratched
anyone, especially someone showing them some attention. If they were
being 'messed about' by say a young child who didn't really know how
to treat an animal the most they would do is initially look at me as
if to say 'how long do I need to put up with this' and then if we
didn't step in, gently move away (as I'm sure *some* cats might do).

If the Mrs left our daughter in her play pen in the lounge whilst
doing something in the kitchen, the whippet terrier would stand in the
mouth of the lounge and constantly look at the baby and the Mrs as if
to say 'she's still asleep or ok' and would only settle when one of us
came back into the lounge.

Cheers, T i m
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"ARW" wrote in message
news
On 02/04/2017 08:38, Graeme wrote:
In message , ARW
writes
On 31/03/2017 22:09, Graeme wrote:

When I pop out to the shops, she will sit by the
gate until I return. A cat would just open one eye then go back to
sleep :-)

In winter my cat goes round to the next door but one neighbours when I
am at work and my central heating is off - before falling asleep on
their setee next to the radiator.

grin I was going to say cats are more intelligent than dogs, but that
isn't true. Cats are more cunning? Crafty? Self sufficient? Our dog
will always choose the warmest spot, but only within the room we're in.
Cat would just find the warmest spot anywhere.

Cats are indeed cunning. The next door but one neighbours do not like
cats. It made it's way in there by looking cute.

can cats do anything else?

tim

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

In message , ARW
writes
On 31/03/2017 22:09, Graeme wrote:

When I pop out to the shops, she will sit by the
gate until I return. A cat would just open one eye then go back to
sleep :-)

In winter my cat goes round to the next door but one neighbours when I
am at work and my central heating is off - before falling asleep on
their setee next to the radiator.

grin I was going to say cats are more intelligent than dogs, but that
isn't true.

Apparently, dogs are the only animal species that have learned to read
'Left Gaze Bias' (the idea being the right side of our faces more

You do regurgitate bull**** at an impressive rate.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 2 Apr 2017 11:46:18 +0100, "tim..."
wrote:

snip

Cats are indeed cunning. The next door but one neighbours do not like
cats. It made it's way in there by looking cute.

can cats do anything else?

No, and as 'beauty is in the eye of the beholder', to some they can't
even do that. ;-)

The one I dragged out of our downstairs toilet that had fallen in
after climbing though an open windows certainly didn't look very cute,
nor did the lacerated wallpaper that it had done in it's desperate
attempts to get out. ;-(

Cheers, T i m

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:
In message , ARW
writes
On 31/03/2017 22:09, Graeme wrote:

When I pop out to the shops, she will sit by the
gate until I return. A cat would just open one eye then go back to
sleep :-)

In winter my cat goes round to the next door but one neighbours when I
am at work and my central heating is off - before falling asleep on
their setee next to the radiator.

grin I was going to say cats are more intelligent than dogs, but that
isn't true.

Apparently, dogs are the only animal species that have learned to read
'Left Gaze Bias' (the idea being the right side of our faces more

You do regurgitate bull**** at an impressive rate.

A case of 'I've got an issue and I'm going to tell everyone about it'
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sunday, 2 April 2017 12:03:35 UTC+1, T i m wrote:
The one I dragged out of our downstairs toilet that had fallen in

Most cat slaves learn to leave the lid down.

Owain

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sunday, 2 April 2017 16:04:55 UTC+1, ARW wrote:
On 02/04/2017 04:11, tabbypurr wrote:
On Saturday, 1 April 2017 21:14:31 UTC+1, ARW wrote:

And if I had my own laws I would ban women from driving cars. They are
**** at driving and even worse at parking.

Funny how many men say that. Women get lower insurance premiums - there's a reason for that.

There are lots of reasons.

They drive cheaper cars, cause less ££ damage per accident than a male
(she just scrapes it down a gate post or another car twice a year and he
just writes the car off), younger males are the biggest risk and skew
the results, women drive fewer mile PA than men.

Don't take my word for it. Just stand outside a school and watch women
trying to park. It's a ****ing disgrace that they are allowed a driving
licence.

I forgot you can't do logic.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

En el artículo ,
escribió:

Most cat slaves learn to leave the lid down.

https://www.theguardian.com/lifeands...pr/02/rise-of-
the-cat-guy-man-has-a-new-best-friend

I've sent Adam some more pics for the wiki. if he isn't able to put
them up, I'll find an image host.

--
(\_/)
(")_(") the one I never tried before." - Mae West

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 02/04/2017 19:29, Tim Streater wrote:

Certainly too many of them seem to think that they need a Chelsea
tractor for the school run (for reasons best known to themselves). And
in many instances they drive the kid there when it could perfectly well
WALK.

And risk getting killed by some arse in a chelsea tractor dropping their
kids off?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sunday, 2 April 2017 16:04:55 UTC+1, ARW wrote:
Don't take my word for it. Just stand outside a school and watch women
trying to park. It's a ****ing disgrace that they are allowed a driving
licence.

Try to park? Don't they just stop in the middle of the road with the engine running?

The ones that are outside school are the ones reproducing ...

Owain

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 31/03/2017 21:14, T i m wrote:
On 31/03/2017 18:53, ARW wrote:
On 31/03/2017 08:54, T i m wrote:

[1] We have been given all sorts of furniture over the years and the
last (via Freecycle) was a very nice 3 seater leather sofa and two
leather side chairs that looked like new. I asked if they had ever
used them and they said yes, for 15 years and that included by the
Labrador puppies that the bred. Anything given to us by a cat owner
was generally ripped up somewhere.

It's not ripped, it has been loved:-)

;-)

So, is it tat cat owners simply 'give up' trying to get their 'companion
animals' to behave socially in their shared home and so just seem to
accept such things as often as they seem to?

Do their brains finally turn to mush and then they simply accept that
their cat knocking an expensive vase of the shelf or a can of beer into
their MacBook Pro, or walking across food preparation surfaces are just
'one of those things'?

Of course we know that many animals can and do do damage to houses /
decoration / furniture but most hope that those behavioural patterns
could be trained out of a dog (at least)?

We came across what is the biggest Terrier I've ever seen today in the
form of a 1 year old 'Black Russian Terrier' bitch. Initially wary of
strangers she soon warmed to us and didn't bite or scratch us once. ;-)

My cat has better manners than some humans.

--
Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

escribió:

Most cat slaves learn to leave the lid down.

https://www.theguardian.com/lifeands...pr/02/rise-of-
the-cat-guy-man-has-a-new-best-friend

I've sent Adam some more pics for the wiki. if he isn't able to put
them up, I'll find an image host.

Mucho grassyarse.

Does he play for Man City?

--
Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 2 Apr 2017 19:50:41 +0100, ARW
wrote:

On 31/03/2017 21:14, T i m wrote:
On 31/03/2017 18:53, ARW wrote:
On 31/03/2017 08:54, T i m wrote:

[...]

By 'your cat' you mean the one that was obtained by someone else and
you are currently responsible for? ;-)

And I believe you as there are some 'right animal' humans about.

Cheers, T i m

OT? Sluts! harry Home Repair 7 May 18th 11 09:17 AM
OT? Sluts! The Ghost in The Machine Home Repair 0 May 16th 11 04:35 PM
Kittens on the keys? The Natural Philosopher[_2_] UK diy 26 September 19th 10 11:13 AM
Tag teamin' kittens Karl Townsend Metalworking 41 May 28th 09 01:48 PM
UK multiway power adapters vs. kittens Jack Campin - bogus address UK diy 14 August 10th 07 11:57 AM