Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

Default Pathetic

The 20 year old apprentice nearly **** himself because there was a mouse
in the room.

--
Adam
Posted to uk.d-i-y

ARW wrote:
The 20 year old apprentice nearly **** himself because there was a
mouse in the room.

Have you been eating too much cheese then?

Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

On 07/11/2016 19:03, Unbeliever wrote:
ARW wrote:
The 20 year old apprentice nearly **** himself because there was a
mouse in the room.

Have you been eating too much cheese then?

The mouse is having going to have a feast of Kitkat and not cheese
placed on the Little Nipper.

Who the hell is **** scared of a mouse?

"Adam, It's running it's running" and then he ran past me.

He's not very good with animals.

He was surprised that my cat can sleep on my bed and not **** on the bed.

He would not get out of the van when we were working with the race horses[1]

He will not go into a house with dogs.

He has never worked on the farms I have worked at. Cows and sheep will
probably kill him.

[1] Three of them. One tries to bite you, one tries to kick you and the
last one tries to mount you. I had to run into one of the three fields
to fix the electric fence. As I climbed over the fence the other
apprentice shouted "If it's the one that want's a shag then take one for
the team and I'll put it in YouTube"

--
Adam
Posted to uk.d-i-y

ARW wrote

The 20 year old apprentice nearly **** himself because there was a mouse
in the room.

Had one of these go under the car
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com...cd0deb678f.jpg
none of the neighbours kids that were hanging around at the time would go
anywhere near it.

They dont even bite.

phucker ****s his pants when he sees a photo of one of these.
http://www.canberratimes.com.au/cont...4121600000.jpg
They dont bite either.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Monday, 7 November 2016 19:54:22 UTC, ARW wrote:
He was surprised that my cat can sleep on my bed and not **** on the bed.

Why, does he **** in his own bed?

He would not get out of the van when we were working with the race horses[1]

I don't blame him. Horses and cows can be right nasty animals.

[1] Three of them. One tries to bite you, one tries to kick you and the
last one tries to mount you. I had to run into one of the three fields
to fix the electric fence. As I climbed over the fence the other
apprentice shouted "If it's the one that want's a shag then take one for
the team and I'll put it in YouTube"

Be better sending it to You've Been Framed. They pay £150.

Owain

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote
ARW wrote

He would not get out of the van when we were working with the race
horses[1]

I don't blame him.

More fool you.

Horses and cows can be right nasty animals.

But usually arent.

[1] Three of them. One tries to bite you, one tries to kick you
and the last one tries to mount you. I had to run into one of
the three fields to fix the electric fence. As I climbed over the
fence the other apprentice shouted "If it's the one that want's
a shag then take one for the team and I'll put it in YouTube"

Be better sending it to You've Been Framed. They pay £150.

Bet they wouldnt with that one.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

ARW wrote:

Cows are not nasty.

They've killed 74 people in the UK since 2000

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Andy Burns wrote
ARW wrote

Cows are not nasty.

They've killed 74 people in the UK since 2000

Where are you getting that number from ?

And how do you know they were being nasty when that happened ?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Monday, 7 November 2016 21:57:09 UTC, ARW wrote:
I don't blame him. Horses and cows can be right nasty animals.

Cows are not nasty.

I'll rephrase that and say that the effects of being squashed by one can be right nasty. They may not have malevolent personalities but they can be very inquisitive and they are rather heavy.

Owain

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Monday, 7 November 2016 21:41:52 UTC, soup wrote:
Strangely sheep can be nasty too. I have been attacked a couple of
times in the Pentlands (admittedly by rams 'protecting' their 'harems').

Sheep will gang up and mug you if they realise you've got chocolate.

Owain

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote in message
On Monday, 7 November 2016 21:41:52 UTC, soup wrote:
Strangely sheep can be nasty too. I have been attacked a couple of
times in the Pentlands (admittedly by rams 'protecting' their 'harems').

Sheep will gang up and mug you if they realise you've got chocolate.

And will gang up and stomp you if they realise you are a NZer and are
wearing gumboots.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Unbeliever wrote:
ARW wrote:
The 20 year old apprentice nearly **** himself because there was a
mouse in the room.

Have you been eating too much cheese then?

Mice round here prefer marmalade.

--
*What happens if you get scared half to death twice? *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
says...

ARW wrote:

Cows are not nasty.

They've killed 74 people in the UK since 2000

What about the other half of that score?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

He was probably worried it would work cheaper and be more knowledgeable than
he was.
Brian

--
----- -
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please!
"ARW" wrote in message
The 20 year old apprentice nearly **** himself because there was a mouse
in the room.

--
Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , Andy Burns
writes
ARW wrote:

Cows are not nasty.

They've killed 74 people in the UK since 2000

I've not seen a detailed explanation but I would suspect the majority of
injuries/deaths is due to falling over while running away from a herd.
Cattle at the front can see and would normally swerve away. Cattle at
the back keep going and trample unintentionally.

Animals protecting calves is rather different.

--
Tim Lamb
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Tim Lamb wrote:

Andy Burns wrote:

[cows] killed 74 people in the UK since 2000

I've not seen a detailed explanation but I would suspect the majority of
injuries/deaths is due to falling over while running away from a herd.
Cattle at the front can see and would normally swerve away. Cattle at
the back keep going and trample unintentionally.
Animals protecting calves is rather different.

Broken down by various factors, dogs and calves are significant, but the
biggest risk is being over 50

http://www.hse.gov.uk/aboutus/meetings/iacs/aiac/090615/aiac-paper-150601.pdf

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 08/11/2016 08:51, Brian Gaff wrote:

He was probably worried it would work cheaper and be more knowledgeable than
he was.

I thought there was a move to using apprentice sparks in place of lab
mice these days since they are more plentiful, there is less chance of
getting emotionally attached to them, and also there are something mice
just won't do. ;-)

--
Cheers,

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
GB GB is offline

On 08/11/2016 10:00, Andy Burns wrote:
Tim Lamb wrote:

Andy Burns wrote:

[cows] killed 74 people in the UK since 2000

I've not seen a detailed explanation but I would suspect the majority of
injuries/deaths is due to falling over while running away from a herd.
Cattle at the front can see and would normally swerve away. Cattle at
the back keep going and trample unintentionally.
Animals protecting calves is rather different.

Broken down by various factors, dogs and calves are significant, but the
biggest risk is being over 50

The trouble is that you don't know the population at risk. Most of the
ramblers and other walkers I know are in the 60+ age-group. I appreciate
that 20 year olds may be faster on their feet, but the real reason they
may not feature in the statistics is that they may be down at the pub,
rather than in the field with the cattle.

http://www.hse.gov.uk/aboutus/meetings/iacs/aiac/090615/aiac-paper-150601.pdf

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 07/11/16 20:34, Rod Speed wrote:
ARW wrote

The 20 year old apprentice nearly **** himself because there was a mouse
in the room.

Had one of these go under the car
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com...cd0deb678f.jpg
none of the neighbours kids that were hanging around at the time would go
anywhere near it.

They dont even bite.

If that was a blue-tongue, they will if they feel threatened and you try
to pick it up. But mostly they'll just give a threat display and try to
avoid you.

--

Jeff
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tuesday, 8 November 2016 09:44:39 UTC, Tim Lamb wrote:
In message , Andy Burns
writes
ARW wrote:

Cows are not nasty.

They've killed 74 people in the UK since 2000

I've not seen a detailed explanation but I would suspect the majority of
injuries/deaths is due to falling over while running away from a herd.
Cattle at the front can see and would normally swerve away. Cattle at
the back keep going and trample unintentionally.

Animals protecting calves is rather different.

Not detailed but probably where the original artical was found.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk...-a6727266.html

Posted to uk.d-i-y

En el artículo , ARW adamwadsworth@b
lueyonder.co.uk escribió:

As I climbed over the fence the other
apprentice shouted "If it's the one that want's a shag then take one for
the team and I'll put it in YouTube"

Coffee, nose, keyboard.

Thanks.

--
(\_/)
(='.'=) systemd: the Linux version of Windows 10
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 8 Nov 2016 09:27:29 +0000, Nightjar wrote:

Cows are not nasty.

Depends upon the breed. I would not worry too much about Herefords or
Aberdeen Angus, unless they had young or there was a dog around. I would
avoid Limousin or Charolais at any time. British breeds are generally
much better acclimatised to human contact than continental breeds and
dairy cattle are usually safer than beef cattle. Nevertheless, cows can
and do kill people.

I always understood it was Dairy Cattle who could be the more lairy,
certainly our Devon Reds always seemed more gentler than the Freiseins
that came along later.
Where public footpaths cross fields it is the Bulls of dairy breeds
like Freisians, Holsteins and those sweet looking Jerseys and
Guernseys that are prohibited to be in them, Beef breeds though they
may be much larger are allowed if there are accompanying Cows, though
if the animal has a history of being aggresive it should not be and
could influence any action if someone was hurt.

A lot of attacks are because the cow sees a dog as a threat to its
young, its instinct. If a walker has a dog on a lead some
unfortunately try and protect their Pet . In reality if things have
got to that stage its best to let the dog go and hopefully the Cow
will follow the dog, the dog unless it's old and ill will stand a far
better chance of getting away than a Human most of whom won't be able
to outrun a cow.

G.Harman

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Andy Burns" wrote in message
Tim Lamb wrote:

Andy Burns wrote:

[cows] killed 74 people in the UK since 2000

I've not seen a detailed explanation but I would suspect the majority of
injuries/deaths is due to falling over while running away from a herd.
Cattle at the front can see and would normally swerve away. Cattle at
the back keep going and trample unintentionally.
Animals protecting calves is rather different.

Broken down by various factors, dogs and calves are significant, but the
biggest risk is being over 50

http://www.hse.gov.uk/aboutus/meetings/iacs/aiac/090615/aiac-paper-150601.pdf

Interesting. I used to walk for exercise about 3Km thru property with beef
cattle,
with the owner being happy for me to do that. I was always careful to not
back
them in to a corner etc and never took a dog with me. Never had even a hint
of
a problem.

The place has just changed owner and the manager just warned me off last
time,
And that lot of cattle did have lots of quite new calves. Didn’t have any
problem
with them either, but wont be going back there now that the new manager
doesn’t
allow it.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

ARW wrote:

Cows are not nasty.

They've killed 74 people in the UK since 2000

I've not seen a detailed explanation but I would suspect the majority of
injuries/deaths is due to falling over while running away from a herd.
Cattle at the front can see and would normally swerve away. Cattle at
the back keep going and trample unintentionally.

Townies know nothing.
If you go near a herd of cows/calves with a dog,
you and the dog stand an excellent chance of being attacked.
They will knock you down and stick their horns in.
Or just trample you.
They are easily capable of killing you.
They can run faster than you too.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tuesday, 8 November 2016 14:55:31 UTC, wrote:
[...]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eqSb0dCzj0U
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Jeff Layman wrote
Rod Speed wrote
ARW wrote

The 20 year old apprentice nearly **** himself because there was a mouse
in the room.

Had one of these go under the car
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com...cd0deb678f.jpg
none of the neighbours kids that were hanging around at the time would go
anywhere near it.

They dont even bite.

If that was a blue-tongue,

No it isnt. They arent anything like as rough backed.
The one I posted a pic of looks like a pine cone.
The blue tongue is nothing like as rough backed
http://www.wallpaperscharlie.com/wp-...allpaper-4.jpg

they will if they feel threatened and you try to pick it up. But mostly
they'll just give a threat display and try to avoid you.

These dont threaten at all, just move away from you quite quickly.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , Andy Burns
writes
Tim Lamb wrote:

Andy Burns wrote:

[cows] killed 74 people in the UK since 2000

I've not seen a detailed explanation but I would suspect the majority of
injuries/deaths is due to falling over while running away from a herd.
Cattle at the front can see and would normally swerve away. Cattle at
the back keep going and trample unintentionally.
Animals protecting calves is rather different.

Broken down by various factors, dogs and calves are significant, but
the biggest risk is being over 50

http://www.hse.gov.uk/aboutus/meetings/iacs/aiac/090615/aiac-paper-150601.pdf

Interesting. Thanks for that. Bit more detail on the footpaths issue
would have been nice.

Current advice is if approached by cattle, let the dog go free. The NFU
are nervous about detailed advice as it may be thought to lead to an
admission of some sort.

Cattle are curious and may simply hope that the visitor has brought food
or is going to open a gate to fresh pasture etc. Running invites them to
follow...

--
Tim Lamb

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Monday, 7 November 2016 22:01:53 UTC, Andy Burns wrote:
ARW wrote:

Cows are not nasty.

They've killed 74 people in the UK since 2000

Yeah well, if they're daft enough to walk under the trees where they're roosting...
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wednesday, 9 November 2016 12:01:41 UTC, John Rumm wrote:
I heard a (possibly apocryphal) tale of a man who had his car written
off by a cow... He slowly following a herd being walked down a country
lane for milking. One large old dear decided to take umbridge and sat on
the bonnet of the car ;-)

Citroen C5 was written off after a cow leaped three feet over a fence and crashed into the bonnet, breaking a wheel.
The cow was trying to escape a farmer when it escaped into the road in Leeds
http://metro.co.uk/2011/08/12/driver...-a-cow-112328/

Owain