Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Fix / de-scale kitchen tap

"James Wilkinson Sword" wrote in message
news
On Wed, 12 Oct 2016 21:20:03 +0100, Rod Speed
wrote:

"James Wilkinson Sword" wrote in message
news
On Wed, 12 Oct 2016 20:35:44 +0100, Rod Speed
wrote:

"James Wilkinson Sword" wrote in message
news On Wed, 12 Oct 2016 19:56:26 +0100, Rod Speed

wrote:

"James Wilkinson Sword" wrote in message
news On Tue, 11 Oct 2016 20:13:00 +0100, Rod Speed

wrote:

"James Wilkinson Sword" wrote in message
news On Tue, 11 Oct 2016 19:03:40 +0100, Simon Mason

wrote:

On Tuesday, 11 October 2016 18:32:43 UTC+1, James Wilkinson Sword
wrote:

To be totally accurate - CuO, Pb and Sn as well.

I believe Pb was the problem they were referring to? Why do you
have
that?

It is a constituent of solder.

A good reason to use compression fittings.

Nope.

Yes, no pollution.

Although I thought solder was now lead free?

Not for plumbing.

"Since the Safe Drinking Water Act Amendments of 1986 the use of
lead-containing solders in potable water systems has effectively
been
banned nationwide."
https://www.copper.org/environment/water/e_p_lead.html

Even someone as stupid as you should have noticed
that aint that soggy little frigid island you infest.

I sometimes forget other countries stole our language :-)

Here, our equivalent:
http://dwi.defra.gov.uk/consumers/ad...flets/lead.pdf

It is more important in water supplies than electronics!

Even more pig ignorant than you usually manage given that that
soggy little frigid island has so much lead pipework that even
someone as stupid as you should have noticed the water comes thru.

Lead pipework in the UK is only in VERY old houses where nobody has
bothered to update it.

Even more pig ignorant than you usually manage with the pipes outside
the
houses.

They'd have to be damn old to have been installed prior to then.

Plenty of them are. Even you should have noticed that street pipes don't
get replaced very often at all.

In Scotland there is virtually none:
http://www.scottishwater.co.uk/asset...sheet7lead.pdf

I'm sure it is, as people working in electronics complain about
its
higher
melting point making it harder to avoid damaging the components.

Even you should have noticed that electronics aint plumbing.

Solder is solder.

How its used is completely different with plumbing and electronics.

But it's the same stuff.

How its used is completely different with plumbing and electronics.

How it's used is nothing to do with whether or not it contains lead.

Everything to do with whether it's a medical problem or not.

My point was when solder was made lead free, this was in electronics and
plumbing at the same time.

Wrong, as always.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

[...]

It's made in the same factory you stupid convict.

-
Lord, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
the courage to change the things I can,
and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those people I had to kill because they ****ed me off.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

[...]

scale inhibitors [email protected] UK diy 2 September 2nd 13 10:49 AM
Scale of scale The Medway Handyman UK diy 1 December 17th 08 01:23 AM
Scale Metalworking 14 March 31st 06 01:12 AM
The Definitive Chord & Scale Bible - Literally EVERY chord and scale! Kind of Blue 45114 Metalworking 0 February 8th 05 08:12 PM
Scale Inhibitors EricP UK diy 46 November 8th 04 10:57 PM