Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Fix / de-scale kitchen tap

ALL Australians are descended from immigrants.

Since the continent became separate before humans evolved.

ALL Australians are descended from emigrants. From the PoV of the rest
of the world.

--
Rod
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 10/10/2016 20:40, pamela wrote:
On 20:00 10 Oct 2016, Bod wrote:

On 10/10/2016 19:59, Rod Speed wrote:

"Bod" wrote in message
On 10/10/2016 06:35, Rod Speed wrote:

"James Wilkinson Sword" wrote in
message news On Sun, 09 Oct 2016 23:56:43 +0100, Rod Speed
wrote:

James Wilkinson Sword wrote

--
Got myself a new Jack Russell puppy, he's mainly black and
brown with a small white patch, so I've named him England.

Hilarious watching all those black, brown and yellow people
that Britain ****ed over for centurys all getting their
revenge now back in that soggy little frigid island,
****ing you lot over.

We keep letting them in,

There in no alternative. The NHS alone wouldn't survive
without them.

we're fighting a war and we don't even realise it.

There is no war, just more of the immigration that has always
happened in that soggy little frigid island for millennia.

The vast majority of Australians are descended from
immigrants.

The vast majority of everyone are descended from immigrants.

Agreed.

But not Africans.

Assuming that we all descended from Africa, yes.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

[...]

Somebody disproved that once, but who cares?

--
Men have two emotions: Hungry and Horny. If you see him without a boner, make him a sandwich.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Mon, 10 Oct 2016 19:58:43 +0100, Bod wrote:

On 10/10/2016 19:53, Rod Speed wrote:

"James Wilkinson Sword" wrote in message
news
On Mon, 10 Oct 2016 18:45:16 +0100, Rod Speed
wrote:

"James Wilkinson Sword" wrote in message
news On Mon, 10 Oct 2016 16:12:56 +0100, Bod wrote:

On Mon, 10 Oct 2016 09:12:15 +0100, Bod wrote:

On 09/10/2016 22:10, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:
Roger Mills wrote:
On 09/10/2016 21:00, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:
Simon Mason wrote:
On Sunday, 9 October 2016 14:53:44 UTC+1, Fevric J. Glandules
wrote:
Hi,

we live in a very hard water area and the kitchen tap
is now "grinding" whenever used. It's one of these [1]
https://www.howdens.com/kitchen-coll...gle-level-tap/

Got a water softener last week for £1500 - that's a thing of the
past for me now.

Looked into the kettle today, clean as a whistle.
What a ******** you must live in.

If your water is that soft, let's hope that you haven't got any
lead
pipes!

I live in the superior north.
I've worked in the ******** of the south, looked into the
kettles in
hotels
and have been disgusted with what I saw in them.

BBC NEWS | Health | Hard water 'stops heart attacks'
news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/3396141.stm

Regular sex and red wine also do.

'The top 50 local areas with the highest male life expectancy at birth
were in the South East, East of England, South West, London and East
Midlands'

Life Expectancy at Birth and at Age 65 by Local Areas in England
and ...
http://www.ons.gov.uk/ons/rel/.../li...e-2012-14.html

That's because people are more well off.

Nope, its primarily due to the **** you lot eat. Nothing to do with
the water.

Poorer people eat lower quality food.

The dregs are too stupid to eat sensibly.

If you shop sensibly, anybody can eat well on limited money.

Well is not the same thing as tasty. I never choose anything healthy.

--
Men have two emotions: Hungry and Horny. If you see him without a boner, make him a sandwich.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Mon, 10 Oct 2016 19:57:04 +0100, Rod Speed wrote:

"James Wilkinson Sword" wrote in message
news
On Mon, 10 Oct 2016 18:57:40 +0100, Rod Speed
wrote:

"James Wilkinson Sword" wrote in message
news On Mon, 10 Oct 2016 17:07:03 +0100, Bod wrote:

On Mon, 10 Oct 2016 16:44:30 +0100, Bod wrote:

On Mon, 10 Oct 2016 16:37:38 +0100, harry

wrote:

On Monday, 10 October 2016 15:47:11 UTC+1, James Wilkinson Sword
wrote:
On Mon, 10 Oct 2016 05:43:18 +0100, Simon Mason

wrote:
Hi,

we live in a very hard water area and the kitchen tap
is now "grinding" whenever used. It's one of these [1]

https://www.howdens.com/kitchen-coll...gle-level-tap/

Got a water softener last week for £1500 - that's a thing of
the past
for me now.

Looked into the kettle today, clean as a whistle.
What a ******** you must live in.

If your water is that soft, let's hope that you haven't got any
lead pipes!
--

100% Cu.

99% Cu, 1% CuO probably.

With lead solder.

Most plumbers use compression fittings, much quicker.

No they don't. Compression fittings are far more expensive and less
reliable.

Funny my house is ful of them and not one has failed in the 16 years
I've been here. As for expense, how much of your time is taken to
solder a joint?

You are very obviously not a plumber. I *know* 100% that you are wrong.
I used to use *end feed* fittings which are about a tenth of the price
of compression joints. Soldering a joint doesn't take much more time to
solder than using compression fittings. At least to a plumber it
doesn't.

Compression fittings take virtually no time at all,

Same with soldered fittings.

and don't require equipment and heat and so forth to use.

Irrelevant to a plumber.

Some people just like to do things "the tradition correct way" without
thinking.

And any plumber with even half a clue knows that the time
to do the joint is only a tiny part of the total time to do the
job and is the same for a plumber with soldered joints and
compression fittings, with soldered ones much cheaper
and arent going to ever need to be replaced when done
by someone who knows what they are doing.

Plumbers who have learnt how to do them want to make use of the pointless
skill.

They do what is cheapest and is the best technology.

Compression fittings are for clowns like you that don't have a ****ing
clue.

They last forever too.

Thanks for that completely superfluous proof that you have never had a
****ing clue.

I've never seen one fail, and my house is full of them. In fact I very rarely see soldered joints anywhere in anybody's house. It seems it's a small niche of plumbers who seem to like doing things the hard way.

--
Mistress: Something between a mister and a mattress.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Mon, 10 Oct 2016 19:55:34 +0100, Rod Speed wrote:

"James Wilkinson Sword" wrote in message
news

wrote:
[...]

Less time than when using a compression fitting when you know what you
are
doing.

Bull****.

Fact.

Both involve cutting the pipe to the right length. After that you just
screw the thing on.

Which takes longer than soldering it when you know what you are doing.

Impossible. Anyone can fit a compression fitting in seconds. Without having to lug tools about through confined spaces, then have flames right next to your face or flammable materials.

The soldered joint requires no support either.

Neither does the compression fitting.

--
A man goes into a library and asks for a book on suicide.
The librarian says, "**** off, you won't bring it back!"
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:
[...]

Bull****. Both involve cutting the pipe to the right length. After
that you just screw the thing on.

Peter, you don't know what you are talking about.

I've fitted many compression fittings, and there is no way someone could solder anything as quickly as fitting those.

--
Hickory dickory dock, three mice ran up the clock. The clock struck one, and the others got away with minor injuries.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:
[...]

It can also be made tasty, using very little money.

We've made a few tasty and filling and healthy meals before for less
than £3 and that's for two.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:
[...]

Requirement: cooking skill.
Level I have achieved: 0.

--
If you farted consistently for 6 years and 9 months, enough gas is produced to create the energy of an atomic bomb.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:
[...]

You are an amateur and haven't got a clue. If you used compression

fittings and I used end feed fittings, I would leave you standing with
not only speed, but neatness and cost effectiveness.
You would never keep up.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

[...]

Isn't Out Of Africa the prevailing theory?

I heard it was refuted. I didn't pay much attention though, it doesn't interest me.

--
COWS, CALVES: NEVER BRED. Also 1 gay bull for sale.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:
[...]

You're completely wrong.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:
[...]

I suppose you think electricians should solder and heatshrink wires together instead of just using connector strips?

--
Hickory dickory dock, three mice ran up the clock. The clock struck one, and the others got away with minor injuries.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:
[...]

If you used compression fittings, you would be even faster. Time is money.

--
Peter is listening to "Johnny Cash - God's Gonna Cut You Down"

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:
[...]

It's bloody obvious soldering takes longer than tightening a nut.

--
Peter is listening to "Johnny Cash - God's Gonna Cut You Down"
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

[...]

Was.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencete...odern-man.html

You'll need to "disable adblock on this page" to see the text.

--
Best Friend Experiment:
Put your dog and your wife in the trunk of the car for an hour.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

[...]

The absolute vast bulk of those are immigrants too, they migrated
to other parts of africa.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:
[...]

Plenty of others have.

and my house is full of them.

Because whoever did those was too stupid to use soldered.

In fact I very rarely see soldered joints anywhere in anybody's house.

Because **** all are visible.

It seems it's a small niche of plumbers who seem to like doing things the
hard way.

Nothing hard about it.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:
[...]

Anyone who knows what they are doing can do that with a soldered fitting.

Without having to lug tools about through confined spaces,

No confined spaces involved when you have enough
of a clue to do the plumbing when it should be done.

then have flames right next to your face

Only an incompetent fool does anything like that.

or flammable materials.

Or that.

The soldered joint requires no support either.

Neither does the compression fitting.

Wrong, as always.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:
[...]

You've never seen someone who knows what they are doing do them.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:
[...]

Nope, just be able to follow simple instructions.

Level I have achieved: 0.

Yep, you are that stupid.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

[...]

From some fool that never had a clue.

I didn't pay much attention though, it doesn't interest me.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:
[...]

I know they use the right length of wire and don't need to do either.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:
[...]

Time is money.

In fact soldered fittings are cheaper and quicker to use.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:
[...]

Not when you know how to solder.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

[...]

Still is.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Recent..._modern_humans

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencete...odern-man.html

Just because some fool journo claims something...

You'll need to "disable adblock on this page" to see the text.

Nope.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:
[...]

Yep, and the dregs are too stupid to do that, that's why they die younger
because of the **** they shovel into their stupid mouths in insane amounts.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"polygonum" wrote in message
ALL Australians are descended from immigrants.

Since the continent became separate before humans evolved.

ALL Australians are descended from emigrants.

ALL of everyone are descended from immigrants.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

The **** tastes nicer than the "healthy" crap.

--
Quando omni Flunkus Moritati - When all else fails, play dead.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

[...]

I've heard it many times.

You'll need to "disable adblock on this page" to see the text.

Nope.

I was talking to Bod, who like me does not allow adverts.

--
Quando omni Flunkus Moritati - When all else fails, play dead.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:
[...]

And don;'t know how to tighten a nut.

--
A group of white South Africans recently killed a black lawyer because he was black. That was wrong. They should have killed him because he was a lawyer.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:
[...]

They have to be connected somewhere.

--
For this race I'm going to be using "beati dogu". Japanese for the ancient art of driving a sports car round a track faster than a greyhound. -- Richard Hammond
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:
[...]

Too much hassle to ook when you can buy premade food from a supermarket.

--
Kakistocracy - Government by the least qualified or most unprincipled citizens.
http://www.thefreedictionary.com/kakistocracy

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:
[...]

Someone that amazing should be able to do a compression fitting even faster.

--
Murphy says to Paddy, "What ya talkin into an envelope for?" "I'm sending a voicemail ya thick sod!"
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:
[...]

Then thy were fitted badly. My house is proof they can be excellent.

and my house is full of them.

Because whoever did those was too stupid to use soldered.

Or sensible enough to save time and effort.

In fact I very rarely see soldered joints anywhere in anybody's house..

Because **** all are visible.

I'm not talking about visible.

It seems it's a small niche of plumbers who seem to like doing things the
hard way.

Nothing hard about it.

It's more effort than not doing anything. Place compression fitting against pipe, turn nut. Nothing at all. No tools, no effort.

--
A Muslim was sitting next to Paddy on a plane.
Paddy ordered a whisky.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Mon, 10 Oct 2016 21:17:52 +0100, Rod Speed wrote:

https://youtu.be/H6LVI1gDswg?t=16s

--
The wife had a birthday and her husband wanted to know what she desired. She said she'd like to have a Jaguar.
He didn't think it was best for her.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:
[...]

That's drivel with the well chosen healthy food like a steak or roast lamb
etc.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

[...]

Because plenty of fools mindlessly respout that ****.

scale inhibitors [email protected] UK diy 2 September 2nd 13 10:49 AM
Scale of scale The Medway Handyman UK diy 1 December 17th 08 01:23 AM
Scale Metalworking 14 March 31st 06 01:12 AM
The Definitive Chord & Scale Bible - Literally EVERY chord and scale! Kind of Blue 45114 Metalworking 0 February 8th 05 08:12 PM
Scale Inhibitors EricP UK diy 46 November 8th 04 10:57 PM