Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Internet connected kitchen appliances

"tim..." wrote in message

"Rod Speed" wrote in message
Dave Plowman (News) wrote
Rod Speed wrote

Ah - sorry. Forgot. You'd use frozen ones.

Wrong as always with potatoes, onions, pumpkin.

Only a terminal ****wit such as yourself doesn’t use frozen
peas/beans/corn etc and shells the ****ing peas by hand and
does the beans by hand when frozen ones give a much better result.

That's not always true though,

frozen brussels and cauliflower most definitely do not give a better
result

And lettuce and tomatoes too, but that isnt what was being discussed.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"tim..." wrote in message

"Rod Speed" wrote in message
Dave Plowman (News) wrote
whisky-dave wrote

Today, you plan to get in a 6pm so set the oven to come on a say 5pm.
Tomorrow the same but someones shed their load on the M25 so you
have an extra 1.5 hours late, so you set your oven delay to come on at
6:30 rather than 5.

Can I ask something? Do you regularly use your oven like
this - set it to start cooking while you're at work or away?

I used to before I retired, particularly with a roast leg
of lamb which takes hours to cook so arent practical to
start cooking when you have arrived home from work.

who cooks a whole roast leg of lamb for an "after work" meal?

Those of us who have always had the main meal in the evening.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 07/06/16 09:32, tim... wrote:

"Rod Speed" wrote in message
Dave Plowman (News) wrote
Rod Speed wrote

Ah - sorry. Forgot. You'd use frozen ones.

Wrong as always with potatoes, onions, pumpkin.

Only a terminal ****wit such as yourself doesnt use frozen
peas/beans/corn etc and shells the ****ing peas by hand and
does the beans by hand when frozen ones give a much better result.

That's not always true though,

frozen brussels and cauliflower most definitely do not give a better
result

I don't really eat any frozen veg. except peas.

I mostly eat a mixed peas/beans/corn sometimes with capsicum and onion
included.

I dont like just peas, but that is mainly because with most of the non
roast leg of lamb meals its mostly the meat, a potato, either roasted
in the convection oven or done in their jacket in the microwave so
the frozen veg is everything but the potato so more variety than
just peas alone is preferable. I get those frozen veg in 1KG sacks
and the detail of what is in the mix really just depends on what is
on special. I choose not to buy what our supermarket calls winter
frozen veg and deliberately avoid the mixes with carrots in them
for no particular reason, I just prefer the mixes without them.

I never bother with cauliflower myself but am happy to eat it
when its there with meals prepared by others. Dont bother with
brussels myself.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"tim..." wrote in message

"whisky-dave" wrote in message
On Monday, 6 June 2016 17:48:44 UTC+1, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
whisky-dave wrote:

Same with a lot of things, there use will increase with time.
Remmebr when hardly anyone had mobile phones because ......
what coud you do with them....? call people.

I had one long before most. 1992. Being freelance, it made it easier for
potential booking. Those doing the booking like a quick answer so they
can
get on with something else. Very handy when you're not near a landline
they could phone you up on.

But few thought I'd buy one for my kids so they could tell me if they
were late home from school or if they are going to a friends or if the
bus in delayed....
How many thought I;d lioke my pbhomne to tell em when the bus in due or
what's on at the cinima ....

look mate!

just how hard is it to proof read your posts for the obvious mistakes?

Pretty hard when you are completely blotto in some
gutter after the pub has kicked you out in his case.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Dave Plowman (News) wrote
Rod Speed wrote
Dave Plowman (News) wrote
Rod Speed wrote

And it doesn't necessarily 'fester' at room temp all day.
Much of the time it's a frozen leg of lamb that comes
out of the freezer when I leave for work, defrosts for
quite a bit of the day in the oven, and is then roasted
for a few hours which fixes any problem with what
minimal 'festering' happens.

Ah - right. Forgot you lived in a third world country.
Most have fresh meat here. Unless very poor.

Only a terminal ****wit such as yourself would go
out and get fresh meat all the time for a roast.

Really?

Yep, really. And its only the poor who don’t have a
decent freezer that have to go to the supermarket
to get fresh meat every time they want to have a meal
and they don’t have roasts either, they, like your dregs
are into fast food because they can't cook. All they can
manage is fast food and microwave ready meals.

I prefer to have freezers stuffed with the food I eat
so that I can just get it out of the freezer when I
decide that I will have a roast on a particular day,
when even you wouldn't be able to pick with a
proper double blind trial whether the roast
started with a fresh or frozen leg of lamb.

I live in a civilised country with decent fresh food
available from a variety of shops only a short walk away.

I do too but am not actually stupid enough to run down
the shop for every single ****ing meal. I find it much more
convenient to get what I have decided I want to eat out of
the freezer instead and just put it in the oven and cook it.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Dave Plowman (News) wrote
Rod Speed wrote

Only a terminal ****wit such as yourself wouldn't do it that
way if they find the recipe on the net because it leaves printed
cookbooks for dead, when the oven is capable doing that and
when the oven doesn't cost significantly more to be net capable
and that allows the other stuff like turning the oven on when
you know what time you will be getting home that day etc.

Yes - I'd forgotten you were incapable of
reading and following a recipe from a book.

There you go, face down in the mud, as always.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Dave Plowman (News) wrote
Rod Speed wrote

Of course. Essential with all that frozen food you buy.

Only a terminal ****wit such as yourself runs down the
shop every day and gets fresh food for the evening meal.

Yup. Only a ****wit like fresh food.

Only a terminal ****wit such as yourself is actually stupid enough
to run down the ****ing shop before every single ****ing meal.

And even a terminal ****wit such as yourself should have
noticed that its been 'festering' in the shop waiting for you
to show up and buy it multiple times a day too.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"whisky-dave" wrote in message
On Tuesday, 7 June 2016 15:32:07 UTC+1, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
tim... wrote:

"whisky-dave" wrote in message

By the time you've provided CL and a decent alarm/immobiser, the
remote part comes virtually free.

Really. I know people being charged £100+ for a spare 'key'

list for mine is 320, and the dealer was "surprised" that I didn't want
to order

What a dealer charges for a spare part has usually little relation to
what
it costs to make.

That can be said about almost any product.

Nope, those normally have real competition.

The reason they say they charge is because it's
almost a one off device particular to one car.

Which is nothing like your previous sentence.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote in message
tim... wrote:

"whisky-dave" wrote in message

By the time you've provided CL and a decent alarm/immobiser, the
remote part comes virtually free.

Really. I know people being charged £100+ for a spare 'key'

list for mine is 320, and the dealer was "surprised" that I didn't
want to order

What a dealer charges for a spare part has usually little relation to
what it costs to make.

That can be said about almost any product. The reason they say they
charge is because it's almost a one off device particular to one car.

Yes. And I'd guess you'd have to look far to find a new car without a
remote. Bit like some TVs. Lose the remote and you lose many of the
functions.

But with TVs it costs peanuts to get a new remote.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tuesday, 7 June 2016 09:33:26 UTC+1, tim... wrote:
"Rod Speed" wrote in message
Dave Plowman (News) wrote
Rod Speed wrote

Ah - sorry. Forgot. You'd use frozen ones.

Wrong as always with potatoes, onions, pumpkin.

Only a terminal ****wit such as yourself doesnt use frozen
peas/beans/corn etc and shells the ****ing peas by hand and
does the beans by hand when frozen ones give a much better result.

That's not always true though,

frozen brussels and cauliflower most definitely do not give a better
result

tim

what's meant by a better result ?

tastes nicer

actually that's too high a barrier, as even the ones that Wodney suggested
don't meet that criteria

They do actually, because they are snap frozen just
after harvest instead of sitting around in the time
between the harvest and being cooked at home.

try:

edible without throwing up afterwards

Even sillier than you usually manage.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Rod Speed wrote:
I live in a civilised country with decent fresh food
available from a variety of shops only a short walk away.

I do too but am not actually stupid enough to run down
the shop for every single ****ing meal.

You should try it. The exercise would be far better for you than sitting
on your computer all day posting crap.

Oh, and for most of us too.

--
*All those who believe in psychokinesis, raise my hand *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

whisky-dave wrote:
By the time you've provided CL and a decent alarm/immobiser, the remote
part comes virtually free.

Really. I know people being charged £100+ for a spare 'key'

Regardless of what the technology used is, the makers will charge what
they think the market will stand for a spare.

I was talking about what it costs the maker. Not what he sells it for.

The purchaser rarely cares.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Rod Speed" wrote in message
Dave Plowman (News) wrote
Rod Speed wrote

Ah - sorry. Forgot. You'd use frozen ones.

Wrong as always with potatoes, onions, pumpkin.

Only a terminal ****wit such as yourself doesnt use frozen
peas/beans/corn etc and shells the ****ing peas by hand and
does the beans by hand when frozen ones give a much better result.

That's not always true though,

frozen brussels and cauliflower most definitely do not give a better
result

tim

what's meant by a better result ?

tastes nicer

tim

That;s why I said in another post, batter them if you want it to taste nicer.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Rod Speed wrote:
I live in a civilised country with decent fresh food
available from a variety of shops only a short walk away.

I do too but am not actually stupid enough to run down
the shop for every single ****ing meal.

You should try it. The exercise would be far better for you than sitting
on your computer all day posting crap.

Oh, and for most of us too.

LOL.
I'd expect you to get one of his "even sillier than etc etc"
Since you're one of his very few respondents you should be ok.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Dave Plowman (News) wrote
Rod Speed wrote

I live in a civilised country with decent fresh food
available from a variety of shops only a short walk away.

I do too but am not actually stupid enough to
run down the shop for every single ****ing meal.

You should try it.

Don’t need to, I walk much further than that for exercise,
typically 8-10KM at a time. Just about to get a wheel
alignment on the car and will walk back when I drop it
off and walk there to pick it up again once that is done,
4KM each way, with a mate of mine who lives just one
house away from mine happy to give me a lift both ways.

Kitchen Appliances www.internetkitchenappliances.co.uk Home Repair 0 October 15th 08 12:08 PM
Kitchen appliances Alexander Galkin Home Repair 26 May 27th 05 11:48 AM
kitchen appliances Jeff UK diy 2 February 22nd 05 09:19 PM
A Philips Hi-Fi that is connected to the Internet Graham Electronics Repair 2 November 6th 04 10:35 PM
Home Automation, control your household lights and appliances over the internet Jim Brett UK diy 42 October 18th 03 10:00 PM