Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default Internet connected kitchen appliances

"tim..." wrote in message

"Rod Speed" wrote in message
Dave Plowman (News) wrote
whisky-dave wrote

Today, you plan to get in a 6pm so set the oven to come on a say 5pm.
Tomorrow the same but someones shed their load on the M25 so you
have an extra 1.5 hours late, so you set your oven delay to come on at
6:30 rather than 5.

Can I ask something? Do you regularly use your oven like
this - set it to start cooking while you're at work or away?

I used to before I retired, particularly with a roast leg
of lamb which takes hours to cook so arent practical to
start cooking when you have arrived home from work.

who cooks a whole roast leg of lamb for an "after work" meal?

Those of us who have always had the main meal in the evening.