Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default dishwasher detergent clogging drain

I'm having this exact same issue.

White pasty cement consistency that builds up on the dishwasher drain spout.

I actually had to pick away at it with a screwdriver and it broke one of my smaller screwdrivers.

I just did a new renovation and after a week the stuff built up to the point that it clogged and my dishwasher pump couldn't push out the water.

I thought maybe it was the powder dishwasher detergent

Any help is much appreciated
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote in message
I'm having this exact same issue.

White pasty cement consistency that builds up on the dishwasher drain
spout.

I actually had to pick away at it with a screwdriver and it broke one of
my smaller screwdrivers.

I just did a new renovation and after a week the stuff built up to the
point that it clogged and my dishwasher pump couldn't push out the water.

I thought maybe it was the powder dishwasher detergent

Any help is much appreciated

Might help if you got real radical and named the dishwasher detergent
that you use and the brand and model of the dishwasher.

I used Finish pellets for decades and never saw anything like that.
I now use the Aldi pellets. and see no problem. But they do vary
quite a bit with what they offer.

The only thing that I did see that was a bit unusual was that when
I used to wash the big stainless steel roasting pan in the big wall
oven for leg of lamb roasts, I used to get a light brown deposit
on the underside of the big removable stainless steel with holes
filter thats in the bottom of the dishwasher with the Finish pellet.
That wasnt that hard to scrub off with a scrubbing brush under
the cold water tap. That was due to me putting absolutely filthy
and fat coated roasting pans directly into the dishwasher. When
I stopped doing that and heated the pan and poured off the fat
before putting it into the dishwasher, that problem went away.

Presumably you are in a hard water area. What are you doing
about salt for that in the dishwasher ? I'm in a quite soft water
area and only get a bit of salt on the shower head in a year or so.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Lonely Auto-contradicting Psychotic Senile Ozzie Troll Alert!

On Tue, 3 Dec 2019 16:19:04 +1100, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

Might help if you got real radical and named the dishwasher detergent
that you use and the brand and model of the dishwasher.

I used Finish pellets for decades and never saw anything like that.
I now use the Aldi pellets. and see no problem.

You really should swallow those to unclog all the senile **** that keeps
spouting from your senile gob all day long, senile Rodent!

cretin from Oz:
Posted to uk.d-i-y

That wasnt that hard to scrub off with a scrubbing brush
under the cold water tap. That was due to me putting absolutely filthy
and fat coated roasting pans directly into the dishwasher. When
I stopped doing that and heated the pan and poured off the fat
before putting it into the dishwasher, that problem went away.

Presumably you are in a hard water area. What are you doing
about salt for that in the dishwasher ? I'm in a quite soft water
area and only get a bit of salt on the shower head in a year or so.

Why scrub under a cold tap? Surely a hot tap will soften the grease. I find
giving the filter a spray of Flash or similar and a rinse under the hot tap
does the job. Too delecate to be scrubbed on mine.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"John" wrote in message
2.236...
That wasnt that hard to scrub off with a scrubbing brush
under the cold water tap. That was due to me putting absolutely filthy
and fat coated roasting pans directly into the dishwasher. When
I stopped doing that and heated the pan and poured off the fat
before putting it into the dishwasher, that problem went away.

Presumably you are in a hard water area. What are you doing
about salt for that in the dishwasher ? I'm in a quite soft water
area and only get a bit of salt on the shower head in a year or so.

Why scrub under a cold tap? Surely a hot tap will soften the grease.

It isnt grease. It’s a sort of soft gunk that’s hard to describe
and hot and cold makes no difference with it.

I find giving the filter a spray of Flash or similar
and a rinse under the hot tap does the job.

Doent work with this stuff, its really stuck on.

Too delecate to be scrubbed on mine.

Mine have always been a sllid stainless steel
long rectangular thing with small holes in it.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default UNBELIEVABLE: It's 023:09 am in Australia and the Senile Ozzietard has been out of Bed and TROLLING for almost an HOUR already!!!! LOL

On Wed, 4 Dec 2019 03:09:26 +1100, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

FLUSH the abnormal senile asshole's latest troll**** unread

03:09 already? Is your senility not letting you sleep in again, you abnormal
senile cretin? LOL

cretin from Oz:
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Rod Speed" wrote in news:h4nfloF66oeU1
@mid.individual.net:

"John" wrote in message
2.236...
[...]

Mine has a cylindrical corrugated mesh below the long perforated one - it
hangs below into the pump chamber.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"John" wrote in message
2.236...
"Rod Speed" wrote in news:h4nfloF66oeU1
@mid.individual.net:

"John" wrote in message
2.236...
[...]

Yeah, mine has too, but its as solid as the long perforated one
and is stainless steal with holes in it too and is just as scrubbable.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 4 Dec 2019 20:59:02 +1100, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

Yeah, mine has too, but its as solid as the long perforated one
and is stainless steal with holes in it too and is just as scrubbable.

It can't have as many holes in it as your "brain", senile idiot!

--
about senile Rot Speed:
MID:

Posted to uk.d-i-y

replying to woody1roz, Rufus wrote:
I have just spent time today removing chunks of congealed fat from blocked
drain - look identical to pics above. Hardly ever eat meat and never pour left
over oil down sink, so certain the issue is my dishwasher tablets. Tablets
are cheaper than powder but now switching to see if it makes a difference to
drains.

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/uk-diy...n-1034975-.htm

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sunday, June 28, 2020 at 6:01:50 PM UTC+1, wrote:
On Sunday, 28 June 2020 15:14:04 UTC+1, Rufus wrote:
replying to woody1roz, Rufus wrote:
I have just spent time today removing chunks of congealed fat from blocked
drain - look identical to pics above. Hardly ever eat meat and never pour left
over oil down sink, so certain the issue is my dishwasher tablets. Tablets
are cheaper than powder but now switching to see if it makes a difference to
drains.

same chemicals.

I agree. The clumps of white stuff surfacing from my U bend cant be fat based. As a vegetarian hardly any solid fats in my diet. Although it looks and feels greasy, and floats, I kept a couple of pieces which have now dried out to a white crumbly lump which very much resembles the contents of the dishwasher sachets. However unintuitive it seems.