Posted to uk.d-i-y
John John is offline

Default dishwasher detergent clogging drain

That wasnt that hard to scrub off with a scrubbing brush
under the cold water tap. That was due to me putting absolutely filthy
and fat coated roasting pans directly into the dishwasher. When
I stopped doing that and heated the pan and poured off the fat
before putting it into the dishwasher, that problem went away.

Presumably you are in a hard water area. What are you doing
about salt for that in the dishwasher ? I'm in a quite soft water
area and only get a bit of salt on the shower head in a year or so.

Why scrub under a cold tap? Surely a hot tap will soften the grease. I find
giving the filter a spray of Flash or similar and a rinse under the hot tap
does the job. Too delecate to be scrubbed on mine.