Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Can gel dishwashing detergent plug up a dishwasher?

I've always used powder dishwashing detergent in past

But for some reason I bought some gel detergent to try
out

Tow days after using it my dishwasher (albeit old) just
up and quit. It does act as if the drain system is
plugged up.

Could it have been the gel detergent? Possible?
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote in message
I've always used powder dishwashing detergent in past

But for some reason I bought some gel detergent to try
out

Tow days after using it my dishwasher (albeit old) just
up and quit. It does act as if the drain system is
plugged up.

Could it have been the gel detergent? Possible?

Anything is possible. We've been using gel for over ten years now with no
problem. It may also be possible that it loosened up some powder that has
been building up in the system someplace. It will be a PITA to get the
hoses off to clean it out. If you go that route, start with the hose going
into the drain valve. I've had a cherry pit plug that spot as it was the
narrowest passage of the drain.. I'd try running a cycle or two to see if
it clears, perhaps adding some lime-away or CLR in a cycle.

removing knock-out plug for a dishwasher nate and kate Home Repair 5 January 22nd 07 02:48 PM
Dishwashing tablets mm Home Repair 31 December 17th 06 06:15 AM
Candy dishwasher detergent dispenser TMC UK diy 1 December 28th 05 02:18 PM
Dishwasher -detergent- chlorine. Brian Sharrock UK diy 3 November 30th 05 11:47 PM
SMEG dishwasher detergent door shut Edwin Bradford Home Repair 0 January 3rd 05 02:19 PM