Posted to uk.d-i-y
Zap Zenn Zap Zenn is offline

Default dishwasher detergent clogging drain

On Sunday, June 28, 2020 at 6:01:50 PM UTC+1, wrote:
On Sunday, 28 June 2020 15:14:04 UTC+1, Rufus wrote:
replying to woody1roz, Rufus wrote:
I have just spent time today removing chunks of congealed fat from blocked
drain - look identical to pics above. Hardly ever eat meat and never pour left
over oil down sink, so certain the issue is my dishwasher tablets. Tablets
are cheaper than powder but now switching to see if it makes a difference to
drains.

same chemicals.

I agree. The clumps of white stuff surfacing from my U bend cant be fat based. As a vegetarian hardly any solid fats in my diet. Although it looks and feels greasy, and floats, I kept a couple of pieces which have now dried out to a white crumbly lump which very much resembles the contents of the dishwasher sachets. However unintuitive it seems.