Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default eternal september down again..

Seems like it Its throwing unauthorised user errors half the time.

Brian

--
From the Sofa of Brian Gaff Reply address is active

Posted to uk.d-i-y

and down and up....

Brian

--
From the Sofa of Brian Gaff Reply address is active
"Brian Gaff" wrote in message
Seems like it Its throwing unauthorised user errors half the time.

Brian

--
From the Sofa of Brian Gaff Reply address is active

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Brian Gaff" wrote in message
and down and up....

Brian

It's usually "iffy" in the early evenings but it's been down completely for
me. Seems to be working now though.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Brian.
It has been glitching for weeks here.
I reboot and it is okay.
I use OE and have been told that this is part of the problem.

"Brian Gaff" wrote in message
Seems like it Its throwing unauthorised user errors half the time.

Brian

--
From the Sofa of Brian Gaff Reply address is active

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 04/02/2013 18:16, Brian Gaff wrote:
Seems like it Its throwing unauthorised user errors half the time.

Brian

I ditched Eternal September a while back having got fed up with the
downtime. I use nntp.aioe.org now and it has been trouble free.

John M

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
John Miller wrote:
On 04/02/2013 18:16, Brian Gaff wrote:
Seems like it Its throwing unauthorised user errors half the time.

Brian

I ditched Eternal September a while back having got fed up with the
downtime. I use nntp.aioe.org now and it has been trouble free.

Since I don't use Windows for this - but a system more in tune with Usenet
- I have both AIOE and E-S in use. My fetcher goes to both sequentially,
but obviously only downloads a message once. I could have as many
suppliers as I want and it would cycle through them - handy if some carry
groups that others don't. If one is down, it simply times out and goes
onto the next.

I've no idea if any of the PC newsreaders can do the same.

--
*You're just jealous because the voices only talk to me *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Brian Gaff" wrote in message
and down and up....

Brian

It's usually "iffy" in the early evenings but it's been down completely for
me. Seems to be working now though.

I used to get a lot of problems with eternal September and
Thunderbird but very few with Opera. Now using News Reader app on
a Nexus 7 tablet and so far no problems whatsoever.
--

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://www.piaohong.tk/newsgroup

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Hugh - in either England or Spain Wrote in
message:

"Brian Gaff" wrote in message
and down and up....

Brian

It's usually "iffy" in the early evenings but it's been down completely for
me. Seems to be working now though.

I used to get a lot of problems with eternal September and
Thunderbird but very few with Opera. Now using News Reader app on
a Nexus 7 tablet and so far no problems whatsoever.
--

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://www.piaohong.tk/newsgroup

That should be NewsGroupReader
--

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://www.piaohong.tk/newsgroup
Posted to uk.d-i-y

However send more than 6 or so messages to their server and.
Outlook Express could not post your message. Subject 'PLON: mighty queer
folks', Account: 'nntp.aioe.org', Server: 'nntp.aioe.org', Protocol: NNTP,
Server Response: '441 Multipost', Port: 119, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error:
441, Error Number: 0x800CCCA9

I'm presuming that its watching the number of posts you make in a certain
session.
this is why I ditched it.
Brian

--