DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   eternal september down again.. (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/352680-eternal-september-down-again.html)

Brian Gaff February 4th 13 06:16 PM

eternal september down again..

Seems like it Its throwing unauthorised user errors half the time.

Brian

--
From the Sofa of Brian Gaff Reply address is active

Brian Gaff February 4th 13 06:26 PM

eternal september down again..

and down and up....

Brian

--
From the Sofa of Brian Gaff Reply address is active
"Brian Gaff" wrote in message
Seems like it Its throwing unauthorised user errors half the time.

Brian

--
From the Sofa of Brian Gaff Reply address is active

Mentalguy2k8 February 4th 13 06:55 PM

eternal september down again..

"Brian Gaff" wrote in message
and down and up....

Brian

It's usually "iffy" in the early evenings but it's been down completely for
me. Seems to be working now though.

Mr Pounder[_2_] February 4th 13 07:44 PM

eternal september down again..

Brian.
It has been glitching for weeks here.
I reboot and it is okay.
I use OE and have been told that this is part of the problem.

"Brian Gaff" wrote in message
Seems like it Its throwing unauthorised user errors half the time.

Brian

--
From the Sofa of Brian Gaff Reply address is active

John Miller[_5_] February 5th 13 01:47 AM

On 04/02/2013 18:16, Brian Gaff wrote:
Seems like it Its throwing unauthorised user errors half the time.

Brian

I ditched Eternal September a while back having got fed up with the
downtime. I use nntp.aioe.org now and it has been trouble free.

John M

Brian Gaff February 5th 13 08:37 AM

eternal september down again..

I've also noticed that its not presenting me with the usual 'there are new
newsgroups' prompt when I first go there as well.
Brian

--
From the Sofa of Brian Gaff Reply address is active

Brian Gaff February 5th 13 08:38 AM

eternal september down again..

Well, I don't think OE can be the issue when OE will log on to other mail
servers with no issues. Seems to me that it could be a timing issue at ES.

Brian

--
From the Sofa of Brian Gaff Reply address is active

"Brian Gaff" wrote in message
Seems like it Its throwing unauthorised user errors half the time.

Brian

--
From the Sofa of Brian Gaff Reply address is active

Brian Gaff February 5th 13 08:39 AM

eternal september down again..

I used to use that one but it started limiting the number of messages I
could send in a session.
Brian

--
From the Sofa of Brian Gaff Reply address is active

Dave Plowman (News) February 5th 13 10:09 AM

eternal september down again..

In article ,
John Miller wrote:
On 04/02/2013 18:16, Brian Gaff wrote:
Seems like it Its throwing unauthorised user errors half the time.

Brian

I ditched Eternal September a while back having got fed up with the
downtime. I use nntp.aioe.org now and it has been trouble free.

Since I don't use Windows for this - but a system more in tune with Usenet
- I have both AIOE and E-S in use. My fetcher goes to both sequentially,
but obviously only downloads a message once. I could have as many
suppliers as I want and it would cycle through them - handy if some carry
groups that others don't. If one is down, it simply times out and goes
onto the next.

I've no idea if any of the PC newsreaders can do the same.

--
*You're just jealous because the voices only talk to me *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.

Hugh - in either England or Spain February 5th 13 10:35 AM

"Brian Gaff" wrote in message
and down and up....

Brian

It's usually "iffy" in the early evenings but it's been down completely for
me. Seems to be working now though.

I used to get a lot of problems with eternal September and
Thunderbird but very few with Opera. Now using News Reader app on
a Nexus 7 tablet and so far no problems whatsoever.
--

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://www.piaohong.tk/newsgroup

Hugh - in either England or Spain February 5th 13 10:39 AM

eternal september down again..

Hugh - in either England or Spain Wrote in
message:

"Brian Gaff" wrote in message
and down and up....

Brian

It's usually "iffy" in the early evenings but it's been down completely for
me. Seems to be working now though.

I used to get a lot of problems with eternal September and
Thunderbird but very few with Opera. Now using News Reader app on
a Nexus 7 tablet and so far no problems whatsoever.
--

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://www.piaohong.tk/newsgroup

That should be NewsGroupReader

Brian Gaff February 5th 13 05:43 PM

eternal september down again..

However send more than 6 or so messages to their server and.
Outlook Express could not post your message. Subject 'PLON: mighty queer
folks', Account: 'nntp.aioe.org', Server: 'nntp.aioe.org', Protocol: NNTP,
Server Response: '441 Multipost', Port: 119, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error:
441, Error Number: 0x800CCCA9

I'm presuming that its watching the number of posts you make in a certain
session.
this is why I ditched it.
Brian

--