Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default eternal september down again..

In article ,
John Miller wrote:
On 04/02/2013 18:16, Brian Gaff wrote:
Seems like it Its throwing unauthorised user errors half the time.

Brian

I ditched Eternal September a while back having got fed up with the
downtime. I use nntp.aioe.org now and it has been trouble free.

Since I don't use Windows for this - but a system more in tune with Usenet
- I have both AIOE and E-S in use. My fetcher goes to both sequentially,
but obviously only downloads a message once. I could have as many
suppliers as I want and it would cycle through them - handy if some carry
groups that others don't. If one is down, it simply times out and goes
onto the next.

I've no idea if any of the PC newsreaders can do the same.

--
*You're just jealous because the voices only talk to me *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.