Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Changing a lamp safely

On Tue, 13 Nov 2012 18:06:18 -0000, charles wrote:

In article , The Medway Handyman
wrote:
On 13/11/2012 09:15, Dave Liquorice wrote:
On Tue, 13 Nov 2012 08:43:25 +0000, The Medway Handyman wrote:
Stage 1: Fill out the risk assessment form. Stage 2: Contact a
scaffolding company. A ladder isn't safe at heights above 2 inches.
Stage 3: Remove bulb Stage 4: Get the light fitting PA Tested Stage
5: Fit new energy saving bulb Stage 6: Contact local Building Control
office

Whats the matter with you man? Are you trying to kill people?

Stage 2A: Turn off power to entire area.

Whats the matter with you man? Are you trying to kill people?

You have Stage 2A in the wrong place it should be Stage 1B (I think
there is a 1A else where in the Subject.

You can't have scaffolders construction scaffolding near live
electrical cables.

OMG! What was I thinking?

couldn't you make the scaffolding out of plastic pipe?

And go through the expense of all the shock load testing?

--
http://petersparrots.com
http://petersphotos.com

Long separated by cruel fate, the star-crossed lovers raced across the grassy field toward each other like two freight trains, one having left York at 6:36 p.m. travelling at 55 mph, the other from Peterborough at 4:19 p.m. at a speed of 35 mph.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:
On 13/11/2012 09:15, Dave Liquorice wrote:
On Tue, 13 Nov 2012 08:43:25 +0000, The Medway Handyman wrote:
Stage 1: Fill out the risk assessment form. Stage 2: Contact a
scaffolding company. A ladder isn't safe at heights above 2 inches.
Stage 3: Remove bulb Stage 4: Get the light fitting PA Tested Stage
5: Fit new energy saving bulb Stage 6: Contact local Building Control
office

Whats the matter with you man? Are you trying to kill people?

Stage 2A: Turn off power to entire area.

Whats the matter with you man? Are you trying to kill people?

You have Stage 2A in the wrong place it should be Stage 1B (I think
there is a 1A else where in the Subject.

You can't have scaffolders construction scaffolding near live
electrical cables.

OMG! What was I thinking?

couldn't you make the scaffolding out of plastic pipe?

What about using a worker who doesn't speak good English. Then it's easy to blame him when he gets injured.

--
http://petersparrots.com
http://petersphotos.com

Five out of four Americans have trouble with fractions.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message o.uk, Dave
Liquorice writes
On Tue, 13 Nov 2012 18:06:18 +0000 (GMT), charles wrote:

Whats the matter with you man? Are you trying to kill people?

Stage 2A: Turn off power to entire area.

Whats the matter with you man? Are you trying to kill people?

You have Stage 2A in the wrong place it should be Stage 1B (I think
there is a 1A else where in the Subject.

You can't have scaffolders construction scaffolding near live
electrical cables.

OMG! What was I thinking?

couldn't you make the scaffolding out of plastic pipe?

Bamboo is a possibilty. But that has a fire risk...

Have you ever tried setting fire to bamboo?

--
geoff
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 13 Nov 2012 20:43:09 -0000, geoff wrote:

In message o.uk, Dave
Liquorice writes
On Tue, 13 Nov 2012 18:06:18 +0000 (GMT), charles wrote:

Whats the matter with you man? Are you trying to kill people?

You have Stage 2A in the wrong place it should be Stage 1B (I think
there is a 1A else where in the Subject.

You can't have scaffolders construction scaffolding near live
electrical cables.

OMG! What was I thinking?

couldn't you make the scaffolding out of plastic pipe?

Bamboo is a possibilty. But that has a fire risk...

Have you ever tried setting fire to bamboo?

It's got a good air vent built in, I would have thought it would burn well.

And indeed it does.
http://youtu.be/rXdoQ1eeGgo?t=45s

--
http://petersparrots.com
http://petersphotos.com

A waiter brings the customer the steak he ordered with his thumb over the meat.
"Are you crazy?" yelled the customer, "with your hand on my steak?"
"What" answers the waiter, "You want it to fall on the floor again?"
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message op.wnqc8vplytk5n5@i7-940, Lieutenant Scott
writes
On Tue, 13 Nov 2012 20:43:09 -0000, geoff wrote:

In message o.uk, Dave
Liquorice writes
On Tue, 13 Nov 2012 18:06:18 +0000 (GMT), charles wrote:

Whats the matter with you man? Are you trying to kill people?

You have Stage 2A in the wrong place it should be Stage 1B (I think
there is a 1A else where in the Subject.

You can't have scaffolders construction scaffolding near live
electrical cables.

OMG! What was I thinking?

couldn't you make the scaffolding out of plastic pipe?

Bamboo is a possibilty. But that has a fire risk...

Have you ever tried setting fire to bamboo?

It's got a good air vent built in, I would have thought it would burn well.

And indeed it does.
http://youtu.be/rXdoQ1eeGgo?t=45s

That's very young bamboo complete with leaves - only one step removed
from grass

not quite the same as what was being used for that scaffolding

I'm not saying you can't set fire to it, but mature bamboo is very dense
and difficult to set fire to

--
geoff

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 13 Nov 2012 21:35:40 -0000, geoff wrote:

In message op.wnqc8vplytk5n5@i7-940, Lieutenant Scott
writes
On Tue, 13 Nov 2012 20:43:09 -0000, geoff wrote:

In message o.uk, Dave
Liquorice writes
On Tue, 13 Nov 2012 18:06:18 +0000 (GMT), charles wrote:

couldn't you make the scaffolding out of plastic pipe?

Bamboo is a possibilty. But that has a fire risk...

Have you ever tried setting fire to bamboo?

It's got a good air vent built in, I would have thought it would burn well.

And indeed it does.
http://youtu.be/rXdoQ1eeGgo?t=45s

That's very young bamboo complete with leaves - only one step removed
from grass

not quite the same as what was being used for that scaffolding

I'm not saying you can't set fire to it, but mature bamboo is very dense
and difficult to set fire to

Is it not hollow?

--
http://petersparrots.com
http://petersphotos.com

Everybody is ignorant, only on different subjects.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message op.wnqere1sytk5n5@i7-940, Lieutenant Scott
writes
[...]

Yeah - just like steel scaffolding poles

--
geoff
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 13 Nov 2012 21:35:40 +0000, geoff wrote:

I'm not saying you can't set fire to it, but mature bamboo is very
dense and difficult to set fire to

It does burn and there is a danger of explosion from the air trapped in
each of the chambers... Bamboo is not a hollow straw but a stack of
sealed cylinders.

--
Cheers
Dave.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 13 Nov 2012 21:52:29 -0000, geoff wrote:

[...]

But unlike steel, a good draught of air through the middle should aid combustion.

--
http://petersparrots.com
http://petersphotos.com

Having swallowed the most amount of semen ever officially recorded Michelle Monaghan had 1.7 pints (0.96 liter) of semen pumped out of her stomach in Los Angeles in July 1991.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message o.uk, Dave
Liquorice writes
On Tue, 13 Nov 2012 21:35:40 +0000, geoff wrote:

I'm not saying you can't set fire to it, but mature bamboo is very
dense and difficult to set fire to

It does burn and there is a danger of explosion from the air trapped in
each of the chambers... Bamboo is not a hollow straw but a stack of
sealed cylinders.

If you're working on a building site in India or Bangladesh, bamboo
catching fire is so far down the list of health and safety issues that
its not even off the starting blocks

--
geoff

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 13 Nov 2012 21:52:52 -0000, Dave Liquorice wrote:

On Tue, 13 Nov 2012 21:35:40 +0000, geoff wrote:

I'm not saying you can't set fire to it, but mature bamboo is very
dense and difficult to set fire to

It does burn and there is a danger of explosion from the air trapped in
each of the chambers... Bamboo is not a hollow straw but a stack of
sealed cylinders.

More like a little pop.
http://youtu.be/cTJtAa9DKNc?t=27s

--
http://petersparrots.com
http://petersphotos.com

Why is it that people say they "slept like a baby" when babies wake up every two hours?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 13 Nov 2012 22:10:22 -0000, geoff wrote:

In message o.uk, Dave
Liquorice writes
On Tue, 13 Nov 2012 21:35:40 +0000, geoff wrote:

I'm not saying you can't set fire to it, but mature bamboo is very
dense and difficult to set fire to

It does burn and there is a danger of explosion from the air trapped in
each of the chambers... Bamboo is not a hollow straw but a stack of
sealed cylinders.

If you're working on a building site in India or Bangladesh,

They undercut our prices because they don't waste money on health and safety.

bamboo catching fire is so far down the list of health and safety issues that
its not even off the starting blocks

We need to ban the word "issue". People are overusing it. It's now a generic term that could mean almost anything. When I were a lad, an issue was one of a series of magazines. Instead of "health and safety issue", try saying "it's sharp", "it's explosive", or "it's slippery".

--
http://petersparrots.com
http://petersphotos.com

Circular Definition: see Definition, Circular.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 13 Nov 2012 22:35:47 -0000, Tim Streater wrote:

In article op.wnqgt6qsytk5n5@i7-940, "Lieutenant Scott"
wrote:

We need to ban the word "issue". People are overusing it. It's now a
generic term that could mean almost anything. When I were a lad, ...

Were you a midshipman back then? Or a powder monkey?

It wasn't that long ago we didn't have health and safety madness. I'm 37.

--
http://petersparrots.com
http://petersphotos.com

Times are tough.
Just the other day, I saw a beggar who was so broke that he was standing on the corner shouting at the cars that went by.
He was shouting, "WILL WORK FOR CARDBOARD AND A MAGIC MARKER!"
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 13 Nov 2012 22:44:15 -0000, Tim Streater wrote:

wrote:

We need to ban the word "issue". People are overusing it. It's now a
generic term that could mean almost anything. When I were a lad, ...

Were you a midshipman back then? Or a powder monkey?

It wasn't that long ago we didn't have health and safety madness. I'm 37.

Hmmm, 37, that doesn't get us back to Nelson. So no lash, press gang, or
weevils in the biscuit then.

And no springs either.
http://youtu.be/Dy6uLfermPU?t=13s

--
http://petersparrots.com
http://petersphotos.com

"I can't find a cause for your illness," the doctor said. "Frankly, I think it's due to drinking."
"In that case," replied his blonde patient, "I'll come back when you're sober."
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 13 Nov 2012 22:31:08 -0000, Lieutenant Scott wrote:

We need to ban the word "issue". People are overusing it. It's now a
generic term that could mean almost anything.

Hear hear.

We no longer have problems to be solved we have an issues.

--
Cheers
Dave.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 13 Nov 2012 21:52:29 +0000, geoff wrote:

I'm not saying you can't set fire to it, but mature bamboo is very
dense and difficult to set fire to

Is it not hollow?

Yeah - just like steel scaffolding poles

No, it's stacked sealed cylinders not a tube.

Have none of you lot disected a bit of bamboo garden cane?

--
Cheers
Dave.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 13 Nov 2012 23:09:27 -0000, Dave Liquorice wrote:

On Tue, 13 Nov 2012 21:52:29 +0000, geoff wrote:

I'm not saying you can't set fire to it, but mature bamboo is very
dense and difficult to set fire to

Is it not hollow?

Yeah - just like steel scaffolding poles

No, it's stacked sealed cylinders not a tube.

Have none of you lot disected a bit of bamboo garden cane?

I've never thought of a reason why I would want to do that.

--
http://petersparrots.com
http://petersphotos.com

Jack and Jill went up the hill
And planned to do some kissing.
Jack made a pass, and grabbed her ass
Now two of his teeth are missing.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message op.wnqgt6qsytk5n5@i7-940, Lieutenant Scott
writes
On Tue, 13 Nov 2012 22:10:22 -0000, geoff wrote:

In message o.uk, Dave
Liquorice writes
On Tue, 13 Nov 2012 21:35:40 +0000, geoff wrote:

I'm not saying you can't set fire to it, but mature bamboo is very
dense and difficult to set fire to

It does burn and there is a danger of explosion from the air trapped in
each of the chambers... Bamboo is not a hollow straw but a stack of
sealed cylinders.

If you're working on a building site in India or Bangladesh,

They undercut our prices because they don't waste money on health and safety.

bamboo catching fire is so far down the list of health and safety issues that
its not even off the starting blocks

We need to ban the word "issue".

The major issue that should have been banned was your father's ejaculate
- we would have been spared the crap you post

People are overusing it. It's now a generic term that could mean
almost anything. When I were a lad, an issue was one of a series of
magazines. Instead of "health and safety issue", try saying "it's
sharp", "it's explosive", or "it's slippery".

--
geoff
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message o.uk, Dave
Liquorice writes
On Tue, 13 Nov 2012 21:52:29 +0000, geoff wrote:

I'm not saying you can't set fire to it, but mature bamboo is very
dense and difficult to set fire to

Is it not hollow?

Yeah - just like steel scaffolding poles

No, it's stacked sealed cylinders not a tube.

Have none of you lot disected a bit of bamboo garden cane?

In my garden in Indonesia, I have bamboo wide enough to make pint pots
from

--
geoff
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , Tim
Streater writes

wrote:

We need to ban the word "issue". People are overusing it. It's now a
generic term that could mean almost anything. When I were a lad, ...

Were you a midshipman back then? Or a powder monkey?

It wasn't that long ago we didn't have health and safety madness.
I'm 37.

Hmmm, 37, that doesn't get us back to Nelson. So no lash, press gang,
or weevils in the biscuit then.

He was talking about his IQ, not his age

--
geoff

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 13/11/2012 23:06, Dave Liquorice wrote:
On Tue, 13 Nov 2012 22:31:08 -0000, Lieutenant Scott wrote:

We need to ban the word "issue". People are overusing it. It's now a
generic term that could mean almost anything.

Hear hear.

We no longer have problems to be solved we have an issues.

In her first job, my daughter was told she wasn't allowed to say
'problem'. She had to say 'issue'!

Barmy...

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 13 Nov 2012 23:26:46 -0000, geoff wrote:

In message , Tim
Streater writes

wrote:

We need to ban the word "issue". People are overusing it. It's now a
generic term that could mean almost anything. When I were a lad, ...

Were you a midshipman back then? Or a powder monkey?
It wasn't that long ago we didn't have health and safety madness.
I'm 37.

Hmmm, 37, that doesn't get us back to Nelson. So no lash, press gang,
or weevils in the biscuit then.

He was talking about his IQ, not his age

That would be 135.

--
http://petersparrots.com
http://petersphotos.com

I spilt spot remover on my dog, and now he's gone.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

If I was her I would have told them to shove their job. I could not put up with such bull****.

--
http://petersparrots.com
http://petersphotos.com

I spilt spot remover on my dog, and now he's gone.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 13 Nov 2012 23:23:22 -0000, geoff wrote:

In message op.wnqgt6qsytk5n5@i7-940, Lieutenant Scott
writes
On Tue, 13 Nov 2012 22:10:22 -0000, geoff wrote:

In message o.uk, Dave
Liquorice writes
On Tue, 13 Nov 2012 21:35:40 +0000, geoff wrote:

I'm not saying you can't set fire to it, but mature bamboo is very
dense and difficult to set fire to

It does burn and there is a danger of explosion from the air trapped in
each of the chambers... Bamboo is not a hollow straw but a stack of
sealed cylinders.

If you're working on a building site in India or Bangladesh,

They undercut our prices because they don't waste money on health and safety.

bamboo catching fire is so far down the list of health and safety issues that
its not even off the starting blocks

We need to ban the word "issue".

The major issue

FAIL.

--
http://petersparrots.com
http://petersphotos.com

Eighty percent of married men cheat in America. The rest cheat in Europe.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 13 Nov 2012 23:25:09 -0000, geoff wrote:

In message o.uk, Dave
Liquorice writes
On Tue, 13 Nov 2012 21:52:29 +0000, geoff wrote:

I'm not saying you can't set fire to it, but mature bamboo is very
dense and difficult to set fire to

Is it not hollow?

Yeah - just like steel scaffolding poles

No, it's stacked sealed cylinders not a tube.

Have none of you lot disected a bit of bamboo garden cane?

In my garden in Indonesia, I have bamboo wide enough to make pint pots
from

Hehehe, you remind me of the boy who told me "in Pakistan we can buy parrots for 50 pence".

--
http://petersparrots.com
http://petersphotos.com

Success always occurs in private, and failure in full view.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message op.wnqjpeq0ytk5n5@i7-940, Lieutenant Scott
writes
[...]

Yeah, that's you, isn't it

a bigoted, ignorant failure

--
geoff
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"geoff" wrote in message
[...]

Abso-****ing-lutely. He's a stupid P.Hucker.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message op.wnqjqnqlytk5n5@i7-940, Lieutenant Scott
writes
On Tue, 13 Nov 2012 23:25:09 -0000, geoff wrote:

In message o.uk, Dave
Liquorice writes
On Tue, 13 Nov 2012 21:52:29 +0000, geoff wrote:

I'm not saying you can't set fire to it, but mature bamboo is very
dense and difficult to set fire to

Is it not hollow?

Yeah - just like steel scaffolding poles

No, it's stacked sealed cylinders not a tube.

Have none of you lot disected a bit of bamboo garden cane?

In my garden in Indonesia, I have bamboo wide enough to make pint pots
from

Hehehe, you remind me of the boy who told me "in Pakistan we can buy
parrots for 50 pence".

Strange - I thought that even you can't be so stupid as to confuse a
bird with a bamboo stalk - I was obviously wrong

--
geoff
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message op.wnqjn0cuytk5n5@i7-940, Lieutenant Scott
writes

wrote:

We need to ban the word "issue". People are overusing it. It's now a
generic term that could mean almost anything. When I were a lad, ...

Were you a midshipman back then? Or a powder monkey?
It wasn't that long ago we didn't have health and safety madness.
I'm 37.

Hmmm, 37, that doesn't get us back to Nelson. So no lash, press gang,
or weevils in the biscuit then.

He was talking about his IQ, not his age

That would be 135.

No - 37 sounds closer to the mark

lets face it your command of the english language is somewhat stunted,
your ability to adapt to your environment is pretty crap, you're an all
round loser, not what I would really call intelligent

just another stupid troll hiding behind a monitor and kbd

--
geoff
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 13 Nov 2012 23:38:05 -0000, Tim Streater wrote:

wrote:

We need to ban the word "issue". People are overusing it. It's now a
generic term that could mean almost anything. When I were a lad, ...

Were you a midshipman back then? Or a powder monkey?
It wasn't that long ago we didn't have health and safety madness.
I'm 37.

Hmmm, 37, that doesn't get us back to Nelson. So no lash, press gang,
or weevils in the biscuit then.

He was talking about his IQ, not his age

That would be 135.

That still doesn't get us back to Nelson.

You'd be surprised what a man in his 130s can do.
http://youtu.be/kQJLwsmL0xI?t=36s

--
http://petersparrots.com
http://petersphotos.com

The microwave was invented after a researcher walked by a radar
tube and a chocolate bar melted in his pocket.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 13 Nov 2012 23:42:32 -0000, geoff wrote:

In message op.wnqjpeq0ytk5n5@i7-940, Lieutenant Scott
writes
On Tue, 13 Nov 2012 23:23:22 -0000, geoff wrote:

In message op.wnqgt6qsytk5n5@i7-940, Lieutenant Scott
writes
On Tue, 13 Nov 2012 22:10:22 -0000, geoff wrote:

In message o.uk, Dave
Liquorice writes

If you're working on a building site in India or Bangladesh,

They undercut our prices because they don't waste money on health
and safety.

bamboo catching fire is so far down the list of health and safety
issues that
its not even off the starting blocks

We need to ban the word "issue".

The major issue

FAIL.

Yeah, that's you, isn't it

Troll handbook, page 72, line 4:
"Call the other person what he just called you, it saves you thinking up your own lines."

a bigoted,

You have yet to explain why that's such a bad thing. You're probably not bigoted because you just follow the rest of the crowd. It's easier that way.

--
http://petersparrots.com
http://petersphotos.com

Rules are for the obedience of fools and the guidance of wise men.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

We need to ban the word "issue". People are overusing it. It's now a
generic term that could mean almost anything. When I were a lad, ...

Were you a midshipman back then? Or a powder monkey?
It wasn't that long ago we didn't have health and safety madness.
I'm 37.

Hmmm, 37, that doesn't get us back to Nelson. So no lash, press gang,
or weevils in the biscuit then.

He was talking about his IQ, not his age

That would be 135.

No - 37 sounds closer to the mark

lets face it your command of the english language is somewhat stunted,

As I said before, my English is fine. It may not be perfect, but there is no point in perfecting it for perfection's sake.

your ability to adapt to your environment is pretty crap,

What the hell are you on about now?

you're an all round loser,

Nobody but trolls use words like that. Too generic.

not what I would really call intelligent

Moreso than you though.

just another stupid troll hiding behind a monitor and kbd

Me? I'm just stating my opinion.

--
http://petersparrots.com
http://petersphotos.com

Man: "Do you wash your clothes in Windex?"
Woman: "Why do you ask?"
Man: "I can see myself in your pants."
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 13 Nov 2012 23:50:21 -0000, geoff wrote:

In message op.wnqjqnqlytk5n5@i7-940, Lieutenant Scott
writes
On Tue, 13 Nov 2012 23:25:09 -0000, geoff wrote:

In message o.uk, Dave
Liquorice writes
On Tue, 13 Nov 2012 21:52:29 +0000, geoff wrote:

Yeah - just like steel scaffolding poles

No, it's stacked sealed cylinders not a tube.

Have none of you lot disected a bit of bamboo garden cane?

In my garden in Indonesia, I have bamboo wide enough to make pint pots
from

Hehehe, you remind me of the boy who told me "in Pakistan we can buy
parrots for 50 pence".

Strange - I thought that even you can't be so stupid as to confuse a
bird with a bamboo stalk - I was obviously wrong

I didn't. Where did I say they were the same? And you tell me I have a problem understanding English.....

--
http://petersparrots.com
http://petersphotos.com

What's a birth control pill?
The OTHER thing a woman can put in her mouth to keep from becoming pregnant.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message op.wnqkwdmhytk5n5@i7-940, Lieutenant Scott
writes

Yeah, but you're an insignificant little ****e, what's the point?

--
geoff
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 13 Nov 2012 23:29:10 +0000, F news@nowhere wrote:

On 13/11/2012 23:06, Dave Liquorice wrote:
On Tue, 13 Nov 2012 22:31:08 -0000, Lieutenant Scott wrote:

We need to ban the word "issue". People are overusing it. It's now a
generic term that could mean almost anything.

Hear hear.

We no longer have problems to be solved we have an issues.

In her first job, my daughter was told she wasn't allowed to say
'problem'. She had to say 'issue'!

"Problem" implies some sort of personal failure, such as might be
dealt with by a social worker, or incompetence, whereas "issue"
suggests a challenge.

--
Frank Erskine

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 13 Nov 2012 23:32:14 +0000, Lieutenant Scott wrote:
He was talking about his IQ, not his age

That would be 135.

using a number system with a base of 6 - i.e. 59 to everyone else?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Frank Erskine wrote:
On Tue, 13 Nov 2012 23:29:10 +0000, F news@nowhere wrote:

On 13/11/2012 23:06, Dave Liquorice wrote:
On Tue, 13 Nov 2012 22:31:08 -0000, Lieutenant Scott wrote:

We need to ban the word "issue". People are overusing it. It's now a
generic term that could mean almost anything.

Hear hear.

We no longer have problems to be solved we have an issues.

In her first job, my daughter was told she wasn't allowed to say
'problem'. She had to say 'issue'!

"Problem" implies some sort of personal failure, such as might be
dealt with by a social worker, or incompetence, whereas "issue"
suggests a challenge.

" We've got an issue, Houston" doesn't sound right

--
From KT24

Using a RISC OS computer running v5.18

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 13/11/12 20:43, geoff wrote:
In message o.uk, Dave
Liquorice writes
On Tue, 13 Nov 2012 18:06:18 +0000 (GMT), charles wrote:

Whats the matter with you man? Are you trying to kill people?

Stage 2A: Turn off power to entire area.

Whats the matter with you man? Are you trying to kill people?

You have Stage 2A in the wrong place it should be Stage 1B (I think
there is a 1A else where in the Subject.

You can't have scaffolders construction scaffolding near live
electrical cables.

OMG! What was I thinking?

couldn't you make the scaffolding out of plastic pipe?

Bamboo is a possibilty. But that has a fire risk...

Have you ever tried setting fire to bamboo?

Oh yes. Every year.

--
Ineptocracy

diminishing number of producers.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 13 Nov 2012 23:25:09 +0000, geoff wrote:

Have none of you lot disected a bit of bamboo garden cane?

In my garden in Indonesia, I have bamboo wide enough to make pint pots
from

A small one then? 6" dia is not that uncommon for bamboo, pint pots (not
sleevers) are what 4" dia?

--
Cheers
Dave.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 13 Nov 2012 23:32:46 -0000, Lieutenant Scott wrote:

We no longer have problems to be solved we have an issues.

In her first job, my daughter was told she wasn't allowed to say
'problem'. She had to say 'issue'!

If I was her I would have told them to shove their job. I could not
put up with such bull****.

I'd have used the words as appropiate and told them if they had a problem
with that it was their issue.

--
Cheers
Dave.