Posted to uk.d-i-y
Lieutenant Scott Lieutenant Scott is offline

Default Changing a lamp safely

On Tue, 13 Nov 2012 22:10:22 -0000, geoff wrote:

In message o.uk, Dave
Liquorice writes
On Tue, 13 Nov 2012 21:35:40 +0000, geoff wrote:

I'm not saying you can't set fire to it, but mature bamboo is very
dense and difficult to set fire to

It does burn and there is a danger of explosion from the air trapped in
each of the chambers... Bamboo is not a hollow straw but a stack of
sealed cylinders.

If you're working on a building site in India or Bangladesh,

They undercut our prices because they don't waste money on health and safety.

bamboo catching fire is so far down the list of health and safety issues that
its not even off the starting blocks

We need to ban the word "issue". People are overusing it. It's now a generic term that could mean almost anything. When I were a lad, an issue was one of a series of magazines. Instead of "health and safety issue", try saying "it's sharp", "it's explosive", or "it's slippery".

--
http://petersparrots.com
http://petersphotos.com

Circular Definition: see Definition, Circular.