Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Changing refrigerator lamp...

Hi all,

The lamp inside my old (93') Whirlpool refrigerator got broken. Which lamp
should I buy to replace it?

Thanks in advance
Sammy

Posted to alt.home.repair

Take it out, bring it to the hardware store, and ask for a replacement
appliance lamp, or look for an appliance lamp that has the same
wattage (should be on the bulb) and base size.

I already checked the old bulb. It is impossible to read any marks on it nor
voltage nor wattage. That is why I'm asking in this newsgroup. I already
tryed by using a 127V bulb but it does not light.
May be somebody knows which bulbs used to use old Whirlpool refigerators...

Posted to alt.home.repair

SammyBar wrote:

Take it out, bring it to the hardware store, and ask for a replacement
appliance lamp, or look for an appliance lamp that has the same
wattage (should be on the bulb) and base size.

I already checked the old bulb. It is impossible to read any marks on it nor
voltage nor wattage. That is why I'm asking in this newsgroup. I already
tryed by using a 127V bulb but it does not light.
May be somebody knows which bulbs used to use old Whirlpool refigerators...

Hmmm,
Maybe problem is something else then.
Posted to alt.home.repair

SammyBar wrote:

Take it out, bring it to the hardware store, and ask for a replacement
appliance lamp, or look for an appliance lamp that has the same
wattage (should be on the bulb) and base size.

I already checked the old bulb. It is impossible to read any marks on it nor
voltage nor wattage. That is why I'm asking in this newsgroup. I already
tryed by using a 127V bulb but it does not light.
May be somebody knows which bulbs used to use old Whirlpool refigerators...

Hmmm,
Maybe problem is not the lamp then, checked the (interlock door)switch?
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Tony Hwang" escribió en el mensaje
SammyBar wrote:

Take it out, bring it to the hardware store, and ask for a replacement
appliance lamp, or look for an appliance lamp that has the same
wattage (should be on the bulb) and base size.

I already checked the old bulb. It is impossible to read any marks on it
nor voltage nor wattage. That is why I'm asking in this newsgroup. I
already tryed by using a 127V bulb but it does not light.
May be somebody knows which bulbs used to use old Whirlpool
refigerators...

Hmmm,
Maybe problem is not the lamp then, checked the (interlock door)switch?

So it means any 127V bulb should work? I don't like the idea of disarming
anything to reach the switch. My father-in-law will not allow me to do so.
He is the actual owner of the refrigerator...

Posted to alt.home.repair

NickySantoro wrote:
On Mon, 28 Aug 2006 18:07:46 -0500, "SammyBar"
wrote:

Hi all,

The lamp inside my old (93') Whirlpool refrigerator got broken. Which lamp
should I buy to replace it?

Thanks in advance
Sammy

40 watt appliance bulb available everywhere. They usually come on a
blister card and are marked with the wattage and say "Appliance Bulb".
Any hardware store, KMart, Walmart etc, etc.

If you have the old bulb that came out of the fridge, put it in a lamp.
If it lights, it's something else in your fridge.

Digitek Monitor (screen size keeps changing) Richard Electronics Repair 0 July 22nd 06 04:21 AM
Changing a light bulb on R.C.M Tom Gardner Metalworking 24 June 6th 04 12:58 AM
Changing A Lightbulb, A lesson in Posting? Boris Beizer Metalworking 5 March 27th 04 12:20 AM
changing a light bulb Joe Home Repair 6 March 8th 04 06:30 PM
Changing a light bulb jay UK diy 11 October 18th 03 08:28 PM