Posted to uk.d-i-y
geoff geoff is offline

Default Changing a lamp safely

In message op.wnqc8vplytk5n5@i7-940, Lieutenant Scott
writes
On Tue, 13 Nov 2012 20:43:09 -0000, geoff wrote:

In message o.uk, Dave
Liquorice writes
On Tue, 13 Nov 2012 18:06:18 +0000 (GMT), charles wrote:

Whats the matter with you man? Are you trying to kill people?

You have Stage 2A in the wrong place it should be Stage 1B (I think
there is a 1A else where in the Subject.

You can't have scaffolders construction scaffolding near live
electrical cables.

OMG! What was I thinking?

couldn't you make the scaffolding out of plastic pipe?

Bamboo is a possibilty. But that has a fire risk...

Have you ever tried setting fire to bamboo?

It's got a good air vent built in, I would have thought it would burn well.

And indeed it does.
http://youtu.be/rXdoQ1eeGgo?t=45s

That's very young bamboo complete with leaves - only one step removed
from grass

not quite the same as what was being used for that scaffolding

I'm not saying you can't set fire to it, but mature bamboo is very dense
and difficult to set fire to

--
geoff