Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default A physics / electrical / philosophical question.....

On Thu, 12 Jan 2012 12:53:46 -0000, whisky-dave wrote:

On Jan 11, 8:57 pm, "Lieutenant Scott" wrote:
On Mon, 09 Jan 2012 14:18:14 -0000, The Natural Philosopher wrote:

Lieutenant Scott wrote:
On Mon, 09 Jan 2012 12:33:59 -0000, The Natural Philosopher
wrote:

Lieutenant Scott wrote:
On Mon, 09 Jan 2012 12:19:07 -0000, The Natural Philosopher
wrote:

Lieutenant Scott wrote:

It mens poofter in the USA, it has never had that meaning in the UK.

Really? I've heard plenty people use it. I thought it was the
Americans that didn't understand "fag" - or is that another word I'm
thinking of?

Not at all.

Mark it down as one of those things you simply didnt know.

Don't be stupid. I knew it was used here,

Only since a huge import of US drama on TV in the 80's.

It is a shortened version of 'faggot' which also never had that meaning
here in the UK.

ROFL!

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/110120...cked-homophobi...

Looks like poofters don't have a sense of humour.

I doubt the 'poofers' as you call them care, those that care ase those
that are making money
from all this, you'd have thought ammesty international would help
what with freedom of speech.;
It's not like he said anything particaully racist that I've heard he
just made a rather igmnorant
and stupid comment.

Indeed. It's about time people stopped getting into trouble over petty things. Think how much time is wasted on this crap.

--
http://petersparrots.com
http://petersphotos.com

My sex life is so bad that when I called one of those phone sex lines,
a voice came on and said, "Not tonight. I have an earache."
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 12 Jan 2012 13:13:11 -0000, wrote:

On Thu, 12 Jan 2012 01:39:41 -0000, "Lieutenant Scott"
wrote:

And hence less people practised it.

Fewer, dear boy.

Lower number of. Same bleedin difference you poncy twit!

No, it is not, you ignorant mother****er.

It is a mathematical description, any other meaning is subtle unimportant bull****.

--
http://petersparrots.com
http://petersphotos.com

Mixed emotions are when your mother-in-law drives your new Ferrari off the cliff.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Jan 11, 5:08*pm, "Lieutenant Scott" wrote:
On Tue, 10 Jan 2012 11:11:55 -0000, whisky-dave wrote:
On Jan 9, 8:31 pm, The Natural Philosopher
wrote:
Lieutenant Scott wrote:
On Mon, 09 Jan 2012 19:53:40 -0000, John Williamson
wrote:

Lieutenant Scott wrote:
On Mon, 09 Jan 2012 19:43:40 -0000, John Williamson
wrote:

Lieutenant Scott wrote:

Everybody knows private schools are full of poofters.

The percentages are no higher than in any other mostly male
organisation, say, just for arguments sake, the Army.

Or to make it balanced, the WRENs, when they existed.

Unless you have proof to the contrary?

State schools tend to be male AND female. *So there's the reason..

Now, yes. As are most fee paying schools now.

Although I and most of my generation went to boys or girls only state
schools as soon as we left primary. We seemed to manage not to be
homosexual, on the whole.

So it seems you have no proof, just your own prejudice.

In your day homosexuality was against the law.

Today smoking dope, and exceeding speed limits *is against the law.

But eating mince pies on christmas day is still illegal isn't it.
Apparenty a man can urinate in pubilc provided it';s on teh back wheel
of his car
and his touching it with his right hand, the car that is

That's just stupid. *That means he's holding his willie with his left hand. *If he's right handed this might cause him to spill it.

Yep, and another reason why you aviod shaking hands with certain
nationalities[1]
that use their right hand for eating and their left hand for wiping
their arse.
if they offer you their left hand to shake in friendship it's an
insult.

or cultures where toliet paper isn;t as common as it is for most of
us.

--http://petersparrots.comhttp://petersphotos.com

A penny saved is ridiculous.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

And hence less people practised it.

Fewer, dear boy.

Lower number of. Same bleedin difference you poncy twit!

No, it is not, you ignorant mother****er.

It is a mathematical description, any other meaning is subtle
unimportant bull****.

Now plonked.

By bye scotty.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote in message
On Wed, 11 Jan 2012 10:17:05 -0000, "dennis@home"
wrote:

It is pretty certain we can have lower tax in England if we give Scotland
independence

Breaking News!
Dennis utterly wrong again!

Oh look grimly is wrong again.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...t-English.html

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

It is pretty certain we can have lower tax in England if we give
Scotland independence

Breaking News!
Dennis utterly wrong again!

Oh look grimly is wrong again.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...t-English.html

The DM is about as accurate as you.

--
Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

Fewer, dear boy.

Lower number of. Same bleedin difference you poncy twit!

No, it is not, you ignorant mother****er.

It is a mathematical description, any other meaning is subtle
unimportant bull****.

Now plonked.

By bye scotty.

Well that'll quieten down the group a bit. I was getting bored of these rantings and now I don't even have to press the block button.

P.S. plonking for a bit of grammar? More childish than being fussy about the grammar in the first place.

P.P.S. stating to the group you have plonked someone, also childish.

--
http://petersparrots.com
http://petersphotos.com

In a study of 200,000 ostriches over a period of 80 years, no one reported a single case where an ostrich buried its head in the sand (or attempted to do so).
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

Lieutenant Scott wrote:

[...]

What if they are left handed?

--
http://petersparrots.com
http://petersphotos.com

Dreaming frees the soul, energizes the spirit and allows you to do things that would get your ass thrown in jail if you really tried them.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message om,
"dennis@home" writes

I can see the first act of an independent Scotland being to declare
war. ;-)

On Shetland?

They lose most of the gas, oil and fish.
It doesn't leave them much and we could move all the radio active waste
up north before they go.

It's already there.
--
hugh
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 12 Jan 2012 20:58:25 -0000, Tim Streater wrote:

In article op.v7zh19bzytk5n5@i7-940, "Lieutenant Scott"
wrote:

Well that'll quieten down the group a bit. I was getting bored of these
rantings and now I don't even have to press the block button.

That should be "bored with", O ignorant one.

If you think about it logically, "with" is incorrect. If I am bored OF you, then it is you that is making me bored. If I am bored WITH you, then I am just in the same place as you being bored of a film for example.

--
http://petersparrots.com
http://petersphotos.com

Baby robins eat 14 feet of worms a day.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 12 Jan 2012 18:19:50 -0000, "dennis@home"
wrote:

Breaking News!
Dennis utterly wrong again!

Oh look grimly is wrong again.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...t-English.html

Oh, for goodness' sake Dennis, why didn't you say so?
I mean, such an unimpeachable resource as the Daily Mail cannot be
argued with and only a fool would try.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

hugh wrote:
In message om,
"dennis@home" writes

I can see the first act of an independent Scotland being to declare
war. ;-)
On Shetland?

They lose most of the gas, oil and fish.
It doesn't leave them much and we could move all the radio active
waste up north before they go.

It's already there.

Its in Sellafield mostly.

Scotland is full of waste, but you find it in the Gorbals and the fact
that it glows in the dark doesn't mean its radioactive..
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

Well that'll quieten down the group a bit. I was getting bored of
these rantings and now I don't even have to press the block button.

That should be "bored with", O ignorant one.

I am enjoying my 'no more scotty' filter...

always plonk a plonker.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

Well that'll quieten down the group a bit. I was getting bored of
these rantings and now I don't even have to press the block button.

That should be "bored with", O ignorant one.

I am enjoying my 'no more scotty' filter...

always plonk a plonker.

You need a new filter, you just read my post you idiot.

--
http://petersparrots.com
http://petersphotos.com

Can you grow birds by planting birdseed?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 13 Jan 2012 02:20:48 -0000, The Natural Philosopher wrote:

hugh wrote:
In message om,
"dennis@home" writes

I can see the first act of an independent Scotland being to declare
war. ;-)
On Shetland?

They lose most of the gas, oil and fish.
It doesn't leave them much and we could move all the radio active
waste up north before they go.

It's already there.

Its in Sellafield mostly.

Scotland is full of waste, but you find it in the Gorbals and the fact
that it glows in the dark doesn't mean its radioactive..

I knew a family with the surname Gormal from Glasgow and they had a lot of wisecracks made.

--
http://petersparrots.com
http://petersphotos.com

It's an age-old truism. Men will quickly fall asleep after having sex.
And I know why, too.
It's because they've been up half the night begging for it.