Posted to uk.d-i-y
Lieutenant Scott Lieutenant Scott is offline

Default A physics / electrical / philosophical question.....

On Thu, 12 Jan 2012 12:53:46 -0000, whisky-dave wrote:

On Jan 11, 8:57 pm, "Lieutenant Scott" wrote:
On Mon, 09 Jan 2012 14:18:14 -0000, The Natural Philosopher wrote:

Lieutenant Scott wrote:
On Mon, 09 Jan 2012 12:33:59 -0000, The Natural Philosopher
wrote:

Lieutenant Scott wrote:
On Mon, 09 Jan 2012 12:19:07 -0000, The Natural Philosopher
wrote:

Lieutenant Scott wrote:

It mens poofter in the USA, it has never had that meaning in the UK.

Really? I've heard plenty people use it. I thought it was the
Americans that didn't understand "fag" - or is that another word I'm
thinking of?

Not at all.

Mark it down as one of those things you simply didnt know.

Don't be stupid. I knew it was used here,

Only since a huge import of US drama on TV in the 80's.

It is a shortened version of 'faggot' which also never had that meaning
here in the UK.

ROFL!

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/110120...cked-homophobi...

Looks like poofters don't have a sense of humour.

I doubt the 'poofers' as you call them care, those that care ase those
that are making money
from all this, you'd have thought ammesty international would help
what with freedom of speech.;
It's not like he said anything particaully racist that I've heard he
just made a rather igmnorant
and stupid comment.

Indeed. It's about time people stopped getting into trouble over petty things. Think how much time is wasted on this crap.

--
http://petersparrots.com
http://petersphotos.com

My sex life is so bad that when I called one of those phone sex lines,
a voice came on and said, "Not tonight. I have an earache."