Posted to uk.d-i-y
No Name

Default OT The abyss?

On 15 Aug,
John Williamson wrote:

I just bought a thirties? (Cavity walls, which I thought only came into
use in the 50s)

Parent's house (1902) was cavity walls. coastal and exposed areas were often
earlier than others. Round here 1920s are the latest generally with solid
walls, Althogh there is still no requirement to have a cavity, if the wall
otherwise meets building regs, it is unusual for anything past the 30s not to
have.

--
B Thumbs
Change lycos to yahoo to reply
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , "dennis@home"
writes
Well you have a strange idea if you think you had anything to do with
those posts and that you even think i was wrong in what I said. If
you want to restart the same old arguments so i can yet again show
you to be wrong feel free, however i think everyone else is bored to
death with your arguments about them.

Well you made the posts so they must have something to do with you.

Take the induction hob.. it was a statement of facts and hence could
not be wrong, except to an idiot.

It took an idiot to work out that his pans did not work on the
induction hob
and then managed set fire to his cheap wok. You then did a bit of reading
before pretending to be an expert on the subject.

Well that's a work of fiction.

The cat was a statement of opinion and could not be wrong either,

Apart from everything I said came true in a court of law and your idiotic
suggestion was not acted upon by the police

So?
Just because they didn't prosecute doesn't mean I was wrong, it may
just be that nobody made a complaint.

you
may disagree about an opinion but it doesn't make it wrong.

Well it does when you are wrong. You may have the opinion that the sky is
green. It would make you wrong.

No it wouldn't, there is no such colour as you would know if you knew
how colours are perceived.

Ah yes - you are only familiar with yellow

As for building regs and being wrong then you need to refresh my
memory.

It seems that you cannot remember the ****e that you post. It was about
kitchens/toilets and double doors.

So?
It was actually a question but then you do call anyone that asks a
question an idiot.

I see you have no reply to the VAT **** up that you made.

I could argue the point but you are too stupid to understand.
Maybe you should look at how VAT is supposed to work and then look at
the changes that were made to make it easy enough for people like you
to work it.
then you can read what i said where i stated is "should" work like that
and not that it did work like that.
But then you really are too thick to understand what an opinion is as
you have repeatedly shown.

Do you want to restart the one where you think it is right and proper
to protect a circuit at the load end rather than the feed end. I
notice that you didn't include that one.

The one where the IET agreed with me? The IET have published a book called
"BS7671 Requirements for Electrical Installations" that agrees with my
opinion.

The one where what i said is also covered by the IET and that it is
preferred to protect circuits at the source end and not the load end?

Personally i think it would be a waste of time and you would just
resort to your usual expletives, so I don't think you should bother.

And where is the Nuremburg ring? That was a classic dennise **** up.

So I can't spell,

No dennis - not a spelling mistake, its geographical ignorance

--
geoff
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , ARWadsworth
writes
dennis@home wrote:

And where is the Nuremburg ring? That was a classic dennise **** up.

So I can't spell, if that's were my biggest cock up I would be near
perfect. you may recall I never said where it was, because I don't
know where it is, and have no reason to look it up. It is enough to
know what it is.

So what is the Nuremburg ring?

Since dennis doesn't have a clue, here you are

http://de.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?...erg.jpg&fileti
mestamp=20090128165655

although the correct one is on the other side of the fountain

--
geoff
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , "dennis@home"
writes
I don't know why you bother replying to geof.
He is a hypocrite, he only uses his first name and its pretty common
and he doesn't use a real email address either.

Now here is where you have to apologise

the email address I use is perfectly valid

Yet he complains that I use my first name and don't use an email
address that works, it is a real one BTW but *I* changed the *DNS* to
go to 127.0.0.1. Geof just uses an unregistered domain name so he is
even more anonymous.

Absolutely not. I own www.uk-diy,org, In fact, it is used as a redirect
to the diy faqs (as can be verified by anyone else here who has more of
a clue than yourself)

So you can now admit that you are wrong

is a totally valid email address

The only time he uses real contact details is if he thinks he can make ca$h.

No I don't, it's when I think I am the best option - which can be seen
to be historically true

I would probably do the same if I needed to make ca$h,

I don't advertise in my sig, I don't believe in doing so

so, wrong, dennis wrong - apologise

--
geoff
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"dennis@home" wrote in message

dennis@home wrote:
"ARWadsworth" wrote in message
dennis@home wrote:

I might call the person answering it an idiot, like you.

Well it is your answers to the questions on the newsgroup that
prove that you are a retard.

Well you haven't shown any of them to be wrong so it must make you
even more retarded.

I'll meet you at the Nuremburg ring to discuss all your past
newsgroup post failures, including your VAT, induction hob, cat in a
wheelie bin and building reg posts that you were wrong with.

[...]

it is. However I did enjoy how you were making a fool of yourself and
showing just what a thug you are.

/msg Adam, you're ****ing into the wind I'm afraid. Some folks are never
wrong.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

dennis@home wrote:

And where is the Nuremburg ring? That was a classic dennise **** up.

So I can't spell, if that's were my biggest cock up I would be near
perfect. you may recall I never said where it was, because I don't
know where it is, and have no reason to look it up. It is enough to
know what it is.

So what is the Nuremburg ring?

If the best you can do is bring up my inability to spell German words you
may as well go the same way as TMH.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"geoff" wrote in message
In message , "dennis@home"
writes

"geoff" wrote in message

Why do you feel the need to broadcast your details to the whole world?

For those of us that are honest and have nothing to hide, it's a non
issue

Really?
Why do you need anything other than a name about me or anyone else?

It comes down to openness and transparency

The only reason you would want an email address is so you could say things
in secret.
Why would need to say anything that can't be said in public in this group?
What are you trying to hide.
If you were honest there wouldn't be any need for an email address.

You aren't honest

Your whole argument falls over there dennis as I post from a totally open
unmunged email address, I always have, I always will do. I have nothing to
hide

Your whole argument falls over because you post from the same provider as I
do and they are just as traceable.
So if its good enough for you its good enough for me.
I have nothing to hide either.
I bet you don't put your home phone or address on the whois details and I
don't have a business address to hide behind like you.
If you really want me to post a hotmail address then I can make one up, it
still wont get read so why do you persist in your pointless posts.
If it can't be said in public I don't want to know, I really don't have
anything to hide unlike you.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Where, 50 miles north of London, is there a town that the cheapest house
within a 10 mile radius is 260K?

Well perhaps a tad overshot but Cambridge, where a half decent Two to
Three bed house is of that order. There are some single bed flats and
shared equity homes around, retirement flats etc and some where you
wouldn't really want to live out of choice..

After I posted I thought that you might suggest Cambridge.

Central Cambridge has gone "stupid" and it is not representative of most
places.

Prolly not 'tho some other places on good commuting routes aren't far
behind...

Stupid as it may be people still have to live and work here, the bins
need emptying the streets swept the hospital, and thats growing to be
one of the biggest in the country, maintained just like any where else..

As stated the none too posh Two up Two down where I used to live is at
over 300K these days;!..

but even so, what wrong with this:

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-...-32831420.html

Well that does seem very cheap suspiciously so, wouldn't like to live
there and bring up children.

I think my point is being missed about decent family housing...

They may have to spend 260K on a house that meets all their unreasonable
expectations, but they don't have to spend 260K on a house that is big
enough for them.

Big enough.. Well OK you as a couple can exist in a single bedsit/studio

I'm quite prepared to accept a 2 bed flat as a minimum space requirement. I
draw the line at expecting a garden as minimum.

and I know of some who do but a family with a couple of children need a
three bed house and they cost that sort of money in that area. Course
you can move out to Haverhill, Chatteris and so on but your commuting
costs aren't cheap..

Your original claim said nothing about children!

Well lets include them, seems to me that just about every couple I know
of including a gay one wants them, and does have them perfectly natural
desire I believe?...

tim

--
Tony Sayer

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article , Tim
Streater scribeth thus
In article ,
"tim...." wrote:

but even so, what wrong with this:

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-...-32831420.html

They may have to spend 260K on a house that meets all their unreasonable
expectations, but they don't have to spend 260K on a house that is big
enough for them.

Big enough.. Well OK you as a couple can exist in a single bedsit/studio

I'm quite prepared to accept a 2 bed flat as a minimum space requirement. I
draw the line at expecting a garden as minimum.

Not bad as a starter, you've got Tesco just down the road. Only downside
is the occasional niff from the sewage farm the other side of the A14 -
overloaded due to too much construction.

A starter?.. so what are you going to go to next then?.. And if an
ordinary working man is you income really going to rise to afford that
then ?..
--
Tony Sayer

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article , Mike Tomlinson
scribeth thus
En el artículo , tony sayer
escribió:

but a family with a couple of children need a
three bed house

Nobody forces people to breed. if they choose to do so, they must make
appropriate preparations for a rainy day.

Well you say that but if your mutter and father didn't do that?..

Seem to remember my mum and dad didn't have to bankrupt themselves to
have a roof over their heads.

Ah!, and this garden, well he managed almost to feed us all year off
that)..

And bloody good the veg were too....
--
Tony Sayer

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article , Mike Tomlinson
scribeth thus
En el artículo , Steve Walker steve.m.w
escribió:

Not really a rainy day, but a rainy six and a half years! Appropriate
preparations would probably have been an Ark.

You had a rough ride, I'm sorry to hear about it and hope all is OK now.
However, you did prepare - you had insurance in place, although it
didn't work out in your case.

My point was that if people choose to have children, they ought to be
thinking abut what would happen in the case of illness, redundancy, and
so on and make contingency for it. To do anything else is
irresponsible.

Take that further and most anything you do is irresponsible;!..

Behave to carefully and the human race will not be long for this world -
-- well as we knew it;!...
--
Tony Sayer

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"geoff" wrote in message
In message , "dennis@home"
writes

dennis@home wrote:

I might call the person answering it an idiot, like you.

Well it is your answers to the questions on the newsgroup that prove
that you are a retard.

Well you haven't shown any of them to be wrong so it must make you even
more retarded.

Dennis, it's not a oneupmanship competition

The idea is not to prove people wrong, it's to give useful advice

Well that isn't what *you* do.

How strange that you say such a thing - it seems to go with your retarded
mentality

How strange that you think.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"geoff" wrote in message
news
In message , "dennis@home"
writes

dennis@home wrote:

I might call the person answering it an idiot, like you.

Well it is your answers to the questions on the newsgroup that prove
that you are a retard.

Well you haven't shown any of them to be wrong so it must make you
even more retarded.

I'll meet you at the Nuremburg ring to discuss all your past newsgroup
post failures, including your VAT, induction hob, cat in a wheelie bin
and building reg posts that you were wrong with.

Well you have a strange idea if you think you had anything to do with
those posts and that you even think i was wrong in what I said.

Shall we start with the "Nuremburg ring" were you wrong with that ?

Did you in fact mean the Nurburgring when you challenged me to a race

Like I said to adam.. if the best you can come up with is my inability to
spell german words you may as well join TMH.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"brass monkey" wrote in message
eb.com...

/msg Adam, you're ****ing into the wind I'm afraid. Some folks are never
wrong.

Adam and geof are never wrong, I can admit to not being able to spell German
words, hell I need the spell checker to spell English words as you may
notice from the occasional wrong one the spell chucker puts in.

I can even admit that i don't know the lat and long of any places in
Germany, but at least i know how to find them.

as for goof and his claims that I am geographically ignorant, I am quite
sure i can write a list a mile long of stuff he is ignorant about, even
stuff he has never heard of but so what, he can probably manage an A4 page
of stuff I don't know or even have forgotten.
anyway they have been consigned to the same place as TMH so that's the end.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

dennis@home wrote:
"brass monkey" wrote in message
eb.com...

/msg Adam, you're ****ing into the wind I'm afraid. Some folks are
never wrong.

Adam and geof are never wrong, I can admit to not being able to spell
German words, hell I need the spell checker to spell English words as
you may notice from the occasional wrong one the spell chucker puts

I'll bet you hve also forgotton about the time you called TMH a con man and
claimed he rippedoff old ladies.

Rather than apologise you blamed the spell checker and said that was not
what you intended to type!

--
Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , Tim
Streater writes
In article , geoff
wrote:

In message , Steve Walker
writes
You mean it's OK for those in authority to stop you and question you
at length when all you are doing is walking along a quiet street?

Yes..

So it would be alright for the police to randomly stop me in my car
and hold me up when I'm on the way to work (I'm a contractor and
paid by the hour - stop me for 15 minutes and I'll have lost £8.50
before tax) or when I'm on the way to pick my young kids from
school, where I'm expected to be not a second later than 15:30 on
the days that I'm picking them up and as it's a five minute drive,
I'll not have more than five extra minutes spare? What if I'm doing
the fifteen minute walk to the station to catch a train that runs once every two hours?

Unless there is very good reason to delay me going about my
legitimate business, I would be very annoyed at being delayed. If
however there was good reason, then fine.

Lucky you don't live in germany. Wen I lived there, a fellow
contractor got stopped by the police on his way to work, He didn't
have any documents with him (dickhead ...), they escorted him back to
his flat for him to prove his identity and work status. He finally
turned up for work just after midday - four hours @ £30 / hour lost

Was he driving or on foot?

Driving

--
geoff

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , Tim
Streater writes
In article , geoff
wrote:

In message ,
Tim Streater writes
In article , geoff
wrote:

In message , "dennis@home"
writes

"ARWadsworth" wrote in message
dennis@home wrote:
"geoff" wrote in message
In message , "dennis@home"
writes

"geoff" wrote in message

Unlike you , I never had the need to theive

liar.

There, there, dennis - basing your rants on any sort of hard
evidence has never been your forte, has it?

There is no need, you lied and that's the end of it

Geoff does not need to lie.

he may not need to but he does lie.

He does not hide behind an email address

Why do you need to hide?

Why do you feel the need to broadcast your details to the whole world?
For those of us that are honest and have nothing to hide, it's a
non issue

You mean it's OK for those in authority to stop you and question you
at length when all you are doing is walking along a quiet street?

I didn't say that, did I?
And, it's not what we're talking about, is it - we're talking about
worms like dennis
But, to answer your question, although I wouldn't like it, if I was
given a viable reason, I would prolly give sufficient answers to
establish my innocence

Your innocence of walking along the street?

Now, it's always possible that malicious intent or mistaken identity
could come into play here, and only a fool would claim that it doesn't
happen, but, yes

--
geoff
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , "dennis@home"
writes

dennis@home wrote:

And where is the Nuremburg ring? That was a classic dennise **** up.

So I can't spell, if that's were my biggest cock up I would be near
perfect. you may recall I never said where it was, because I don't
know where it is, and have no reason to look it up. It is enough to
know what it is.

So what is the Nuremburg ring?

If the best you can do is bring up my inability to spell German words
you may as well go the same way as TMH.

It's not an inability to spell, is it dennis, it's your ignorance of
the fact that the two are not the same place. Do you also confuse
Watford with Watford Gap, and would you put that down to a spelling
mistake too?

And then, there's your challenging me to a race - which you also slimed
out of, you nauseous little worm

--
geoff
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , "dennis@home"
writes

"brass monkey" wrote in message
web.com...

/msg Adam, you're ****ing into the wind I'm afraid. Some folks are
never wrong.

Adam and geof are never wrong, I can admit to not being able to spell
German words,

No, dennis - stop telling pinky porkies ...

you thought the two were one and the same

hell I need the spell checker to spell English words as you may notice
from the occasional wrong one the spell chucker puts in.

I can even admit that i don't know the lat and long of any places in
Germany, but at least i know how to find them.

If you were in a whorehouse dennis, the only **** you could find is
yourself

as for goof and his claims that I am geographically ignorant, I am
quite sure i can write a list a mile long of stuff he is ignorant
about,

But I don't lie about my ignorance of whatever minutiae I don't know
about, and I don't try to cover it up with more porkies

even stuff he has never heard of but so what, he can probably manage an
A4 page of stuff I don't know or even have forgotten.
anyway they have been consigned to the same place as TMH so that's the
end.

What are you bollocking on about now?

--
geoff
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , "dennis@home"
writes

"geoff" wrote in message
news
In message , "dennis@home"
writes

dennis@home wrote:

I might call the person answering it an idiot, like you.

Well it is your answers to the questions on the newsgroup that prove
that you are a retard.

Well you haven't shown any of them to be wrong so it must make you
even more retarded.

I'll meet you at the Nuremburg ring to discuss all your past
newsgroup post failures, including your VAT, induction hob, cat in
a wheelie bin and building reg posts that you were wrong with.

Well you have a strange idea if you think you had anything to do with
those posts and that you even think i was wrong in what I said.

Shall we start with the "Nuremburg ring" were you wrong with that ?

Did you in fact mean the Nurburgring when you challenged me to a race

Like I said to adam.. if the best you can come up with is my inability
to spell german words you may as well join TMH.

You don't even seem to know who you are answering anymore

go and have a lie down, the middle lane of the M6 would be a good place
to try

--
geoff
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , "dennis@home"
writes

"geoff" wrote in message news:VUy78nTxQaSOF
In message , "dennis@home"
writes

"geoff" wrote in message news:V837mmDnQW

[...]

So you keep on saying, but, of course, the opposite is true

I see you have snipped the inconvenient truths I posted

I repeat, my email addy is valid and unmunged, yours isn't

let me repost what you said

"Geof just uses an unregistered domain name so he is even more
anonymous."

Not true, is it ?

Are you going to apologise?

--
geoff

Posted to uk.d-i-y

En el artículo , geoff troll@uk-
diy.org escribió:

Are you going to apologise?

oink, flap.

--
(\__/)
(='.'=)

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , Mike Tomlinson
writes
En el artículo , geoff troll@uk-
diy.org escribió:

Are you going to apologise?

oink, flap.

Gotta give the worm one final chance

--
geoff
Posted to uk.d-i-y

dennis@home wrote:

And where is the Nuremburg ring? That was a classic dennise **** up.

So I can't spell, if that's were my biggest cock up I would be near
perfect. you may recall I never said where it was, because I don't
know where it is, and have no reason to look it up. It is enough to
know what it is.

So what is the Nuremburg ring?

If the best you can do is bring up my inability to spell German words you
may as well go the same way as TMH.

Don't worry about German place names. They very often have three
names,English Fench and German. Virtually every place on the French/
German border is like this. Aachen, Strasbourg, Köln, Nürburg.
There's even a place called ****ing and another called Wank (or is
that Austria)

All down to history and politics.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message
,
harry writes

dennis@home wrote:

And where is the Nuremburg ring? That was a classic dennise **** up.

So I can't spell, if that's were my biggest cock up I would be near
perfect. you may recall I never said where it was, because I don't
know where it is, and have no reason to look it up. It is enough to
know what it is.

So what is the Nuremburg ring?

If the best you can do is bring up my inability to spell German words you
may as well go the same way as TMH.

Don't worry about German place names. They very often have three
names,English Fench and German. Virtually every place on the French/
German border is like this. Aachen, Strasbourg, Köln, Nürburg.
There's even a place called ****ing and another called Wank (or is
that Austria)

All down to history and politics.

No its down to dennis being a ****wit and thinking that Nürburg and
Nürnberg were one and the same place. He also thought to challenge me to
a race around the Nürnbergring (a trip I used to do every day)

He since appears to have chickened out - which is prolly a good idea
since he would a) have to come out from behind his hidey hole and b)
lose

well, he's a loser anyway, but you know what I mean

Corsa against a Fireblade? I don't think so

--
geoff
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , Tim
Streater writes
In article , geoff
wrote:

In message ,
Tim Streater writes
In article , geoff
wrote:

[...]

Then I have no sympathy. No docs also means, then, that he didn't have
his driving licence with him.

Actually, thinking about it, I think he had his driving licence with
him, but not his passport (driving without having all your relevant
documents - insurance, driving licence etc is an offence in germany)

It's also a legal requirement to carry your ID (or passport if you're
not german) although I never used to

--
geoff