Posted to uk.rec.sheds,uk.d-i-y

Default OT, more than likely...

On 09/01/2011 12:53, Richard Robinson wrote:
Catman said:

Sure keep the budge down, but otherwise, why bother?

Well, more home per zbarl isn't to be sneezed at.

Absolutely. I'd very much like to build my own place. I'd keep the
budget down, but certainly wouldn't build anything *ordinary*

Wanders off, humming "Tie me budgerigar down, Sport"

Well, you have to, or it'll fly off. Thanks for pointing out another of
my failures.

116 Giulietta 3.0l Sprint 1.7 GTV TS GT 3.2 V6
Triumph Sprint ST 1050: It's blue, see.
#www.cuore-sportivo.co.uk
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Catman wrote:
On 09/01/2011 01:14, BartC wrote:
"Dave Budd" wrote in message
T...
In article ,
says...

Just out of interest, like, does anyone know how much it costs to
build
a house on a plot that you own in England, or anywhere I can find
something like a guesstimated cost per square whatever for building a
bungalow?

If 'Grand Designs' is owt to go by, fights with Planning are the big
problem

That's hardly surprising, as the projects they choose are all out of the
ordinary.

Perhaps they should show somebody building an ordinary house, with an
ordinary amount of money...

They've actually come pretty close WRT the money part. (Certainly in
the £250-£300k range which buys nothing very grand round here) But
seriously, if you're going to go to all that extra hassle, why build
something ordinary. Sure keep the budge down, but otherwise, why bother?

Exactly.

A square box with a plain gabled roof is the cheapest. But add a hip or
dormeer..a bit of wall tiling..use decent tiles ..decent wooden
windws..maybe a few solid fuel stoves, UFH, decent water system, fully
wired for the 21st century..heat pump heating? UFH?

Still cheaper to build than buy IMO (which might well be as flawed as ever)

116 Giulietta 3.0l Sprint 1.7 GTV TS GT 3.2 V6
Triumph Sprint ST 1050: It's blue, see.
#
www.cuore-sportivo.co.uk
Posted to uk.rec.sheds,uk.d-i-y

On 09/01/2011 13:02, bobharvey wrote:
On Jan 9, 12:19 pm, wrote:
I'd have thought so. You can surely buy them round here for that *sort*
of money.

Oh, is there more than one sort? I only know about the 'never quite
got enuf' kind.

Well it varies. I have at least three sorts, but two of them aren't
accepted round here.

116 Giulietta 3.0l Sprint 1.7 GTV TS GT 3.2 V6
Triumph Sprint ST 1050: It's blue, see.
#www.cuore-sportivo.co.uk
Posted to uk.rec.sheds,uk.d-i-y

On 09/01/2011 13:42, Steve Firth wrote:
John wrote:

If it comes up almost as cheap as buying somwehere older and doing it
up, I'd maybe prefer it.

It will cost more than you think and far more than any armchair pundit
imagines.

This is good as a rule of thumb guide:

http://www.potton.co.uk/self-build/case-studies

By the time I've finished, a five bedroom house build with four
bathrooms and five reception rooms will end up costing me about 250,000
pounds, excluding the price paid for land.

Roughly half (probably rather less depending on the size of the rooms
and their function) of what you'd pay for it round here. Which point
were you trying to make?

116 Giulietta 3.0l Sprint 1.7 GTV TS GT 3.2 V6
Triumph Sprint ST 1050: It's blue, see.
#www.cuore-sportivo.co.uk
Posted to uk.d-i-y

The Natural Philosopher wrote:
John Williamson wrote:
Cheap mobile home/ biggish caravan on site, and I'll be there most
nights. I also used to work as designer/ estimator/ project manager
for a landscaping company many moons ago, though I'll be employing
either a sole contractor or site manager. As the site's being sold by
an architect/ design firm, I'll have a chat with them tomorrow. I'll
be wanting a good, solid patio, about the size of a large extra
bedroom, I reckon.....

Must find that drafting board..... Rotring to the rescue!

I used COREL draw, these days Rhino CAD plus an A1 inkjet.

CORELDraw, I've got, ExtraCAD I've got, but I can do the drawings a lot
more quickly manually, as that's how I trained. I know someone with an
A0 inkjet who can print from pdf files, as well as someone with the same
size photocopier.

Yes, it will cost 2 grand to get that lot together, but should save you
5 grand in architects fees.

The initial workup, I can do with one of the 3D programs they sell at PC
World for a fiver, then work it up properly on a drafting machine, which
I've got somewhere round here.

Mind you, five grand in architect's fees on a small bungalow is a bit
steep, I would have thought. It's the sort of design I've seen drawn up
in a couple of days before now, including the site visit.

And it will save a LOT more if you can draw up pretty diagrams for the
electricians and the plumbers showing pipe/wire runs: with 3D CAD you
can even make sure the buggers will fit into the walls.

No problem doing that....

STRONGLY suggest satellite cabling and CAT5 cabling into EVERY room
ending up in a massive area in the loft where you can patch. Even if you
do wi fi etc, it still helps to be able to put a wifi point IN THE ROOM
on the end of a cable, rather than relying on crap propagation through
foil backed plasterboard etc.

Add in the audio cabling I'd like, as I plan on doing some audio work
that I'm having trouble doing now.

Still, for the size house I'm envisaging, a single wifi aerial in the
centre will give me plenty of signal all over, though CAT5 in conduit is
handy to have available for when I need real network speed. That's what
I've got here, and it works fine, running next to some rather expensive
SCART cabling. It'd all work in nicely with a cupboard to hold such
things as a rackmount file server and patch bay.

Also plan drains carefully. You can never have too many drains..you can
move a bath. shower, sink or a basin, but bogs are a ******* to
relocate.It may take you three days to draw something up, BUT if it
saves three men three days because the job is well thought out its a
decent time /cash tradeoff.

PPPPP is the mnemonic I use. Unlike the guy that built the place I'm in
now, where the sink drain freezes solid every time we get a decent
frost. Oh, and *never* run the drains under the floor slab....

I spent two days knocking up some nice Rhino D view of proposed bedroom
fitted cupboards. Good thing I did cos SWMBO said 'oh no, cant have
that, must have floor length curtains' (Why I will never know. The cats
**** on them if they can). Anyway in the end the answer was to relocate
the curtains to the front of a window alcove...

See http://www.templar.co.uk/downloads/Bedroom-web.jpg

You can't do THAT with a Rotring..

True, but it's not something I need, though it is impressive. I'm not
trying to sell a design to anyone, and I can do a good enough pen and
ink rendition to sell a garden to a client in a few minutes, once I've
done the working drawings.

I really do advise, IF you know how to do a drawing board, to get Rhino.

Looks 'OW MUCH!!!!!????

I'll find out what the current architects are using.

Spend ages designing the house, down to the last detail. You very soon
acquire a suite of library objects like bogs, cookers and fridges
etc..take time and get them right - and then you can quickly assemble
while layers of structure, fixtures, plumbing and the like, and see the
house before you even build it.

I can "see" it roughly now. Gimme a while to work out the details.

There's a lot of "Construction to satisfy building regs" and "Size to
fit available space" on the drawings so far.....

--
Tciao for Now!

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

John wrote:

If it comes up almost as cheap as buying somwehere older and doing it
up, I'd maybe prefer it.

It will cost more than you think and far more than any armchair pundit
imagines.

This is good as a rule of thumb guide:

http://www.potton.co.uk/self-build/case-studies

By the time I've finished, a five bedroom house build with four
bathrooms and five reception rooms will end up costing me about 250,000
pounds, excluding the price paid for land.

Roughly half (probably rather less depending on the size of the rooms
and their function) of what you'd pay for it round here.

Ex of land price?

Which point
were you trying to make?

And what was yours?

a decent plot to build is upwards of 100k.

Posted to uk.rec.sheds,uk.d-i-y

Steve Firth wrote:
John Williamson wrote:

If it comes up almost as cheap as buying somwehere older and doing it
up, I'd maybe prefer it.

It will cost more than you think and far more than any armchair pundit
imagines.

This is good as a rule of thumb guide:

http://www.potton.co.uk/self-build/case-studies

By the time I've finished, a five bedroom house build with four
bathrooms and five reception rooms will end up costing me about 250,000
pounds, excluding the price paid for land.

You're not doing it roight.

Dew yew mearke sure your plot is heavy claay. Git a heavy harse with big
hooves - Suff'k Punch or one loike thet.

Tearke topsoil orf an area - the laarger the hus, the laarger the area.

Mearke a troff noine inches by noine inches in secshun and as long as
yew loike. It shud be divoided intew tew fut secshuns with short planks
thet slot intew the trough. Tew mearke things easier yew mearke one side
removable.

Now git yerself sev'ral bearles of strore and hev them cut intew short
lengths. Then - and not before - git a skipload of cow****.

Run watter on the claay, throow on some of the strore and then sovel on
some cow**** and walk the harse rund until the claay, strore and cow****
are pugged intew sloshy stuff.

Shovel slosh intew the troff and tamp it down, and leave it tew set.
Turn out blocks and stack under cover, with airways betwin, tew allow
them tew droy.

Repeat, until yew hev a girt deep pit, and enough blocks for yore hus.

Shud yew be unearble tew git a harse, a cement mixer will dew, but yew
dew need a couple of big rund stns - not quoite bulders, but big, so as
tew pug the mixture tergither as the mixer turns.

The blocks will build the worls (though these days yew dew need a
cavity), and yew build them before they are roightly droy, yewsing claay
and cow**** mixed tewgither as mortar.

The blocks hev better mechanical and thermal properties then any other
man-mearde building material according tew the South Norfolk Planning
Department.

The cow**** boinds the clay and as it drois, it expands, whoile the
claay contracts. Learter, the cow**** decays, leaving the clay full of
minute airspearces, mearking the blocks foine at insulearting.

The only droreback is thet yew must not let the blocks git wet. Whn I
proposed building with clay lump, teh Planning Dept Inn Spectre said:
"Now thet's the sort of development I like tew hear of."

Outside worls are yewsually rendered - but the mistearke many pearple
mearke is tew de it with cement. It wunt stick: yew needs Worlcrete or
similar. Then it is parnted with pitch.

My present cottage is red brick, clay lump and flint - cool in summer,
warm in winter...

HTH

--
Rusty
Posted to uk.rec.sheds,uk.d-i-y

bobharvey wrote:

On Jan 9, 1:42 pm, (Steve Firth) wrote:
By the time I've finished, a five bedroom house build with four
bathrooms and five reception rooms will end up costing me about 250,000
pounds, excluding the price paid for land.

Cheapskate. You might have given /all/ the bedrooms an en-suite.

Simply not possible for one of the rooms unless that room were to be
made stupidly small. Planning restrictions prohibit the sensible
solution of building a "tower" to one side of the house providing a
stair case and two en-suites.
Posted to uk.rec.sheds,uk.d-i-y

John wrote:

If it comes up almost as cheap as buying somwehere older and doing it
up, I'd maybe prefer it.

It will cost more than you think and far more than any armchair pundit
imagines.

This is good as a rule of thumb guide:

http://www.potton.co.uk/self-build/case-studies

By the time I've finished, a five bedroom house build with four
bathrooms and five reception rooms will end up costing me about 250,000
pounds, excluding the price paid for land.

Roughly half (probably rather less depending on the size of the rooms
and their function) of what you'd pay for it round here.

Since I don't know where "round here" is, what comment were you
expecting? I suspect however that you missed the "excluding the price
paid for land" part, since labour rates and cost of materials tend to be
a constant. I also suspect that you are talking about the sale price,
not the build cost.

"Round here" which is probably a bit more upmarket than your "round
here" a property of that size with appropriate grounds tends to sell for
around £1.2M - £1.4M.

Which point were you trying to make?

I was providing an answer to the question that was asked. You seem to be
acting like a ponce.
Posted to uk.rec.sheds,uk.d-i-y

Rusty Hinge wrote:

My present cottage is red brick, clay lump and flint - cool in summer,
warm in winter...

The one I'm building is in boulder clay rubble and brick with walls at
least one metre thick. I'd not go making automatic assumptions about
what others are building or how, myself.

Posted to uk.rec.sheds,uk.d-i-y

John wrote:

[...]

Not at all

" It will cost more than you think and far more than any armchair pundit
imagines.'

"Round here" which is probably a bit more upmarket than your "round
here" a property of that size with appropriate grounds tends to sell for
around £1.2M - £1.4M.

Which point were you trying to make?

I was providing an answer to the question that was asked. You seem to be
acting like a ponce.

Merely trying to understand how your (frankly sounding great) cheap
priced 5 bed house will cost 'far more than any armchair pundit imagines'

Clearly I got the wrong end of the language stick.

116 Giulietta 3.0l Sprint 1.7 GTV TS GT 3.2 V6
Triumph Sprint ST 1050: It's blue, see.
#www.cuore-sportivo.co.uk
Posted to uk.rec.sheds,uk.d-i-y

On Jan 9, 11:06*am, "tim...." wrote:
"nev young" wrote in message

On 09/01/11 00:09, John Williamson wrote:
Just out of interest, like, does anyone know how much it costs to build
a house on a plot that you own in England, or anywhere I can find
something like a guesstimated cost per square whatever for building a
bungalow?

I'm in the market for somewhere to live, and there are a couple of empty
plots nearby.

I gubhtug about it as there is a nempty plot opposite me. Would be a nice
size for a bungalow and some garden. When I enquired was told the asking
cevpr for the empty plot is 425Kzu. *I sed buggerit can ohl a bigger plot
with bungalow already molished for that!

But that's because they expect someone to seek PP for six flats on the site.

There is (was) a derelict detached house on a narrow plot with a long garden
for sale that my sister looked at, that would sell done up for about 400.
She wanted to offer about 250 for it, but the EA said that they were looking
for offers over 450 as a building plot. *The same sized site next door
gained PP for IIRC 8 flats on the footprint of the house and above the
driveway, plus two town houses at the end of the garden so they were
expecting the same here.

It did sell at 450!

tim

The mind boggles. The way the housing market is now?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

John Williamson wrote:
Just out of interest, like, does anyone know how much it costs to
build a house on a plot that you own in England, or anywhere I can
find something like a guesstimated cost per square whatever for
building a bungalow?

£60/square ft of habitable floor space *for very basic shell used to
be the guide. Thats Barrat Superhutch building tho.

more like £100 *for any level of decent finish and fittings.

It can cost that much to refurbish an interior without a shell.

A lot depends on 'feetchas'

I went for dormers for example. Each dormer took almost as long as
the main roof did..

There are plenty of references to costs in Leftpondia, but nowt I
can find for this side of the herring pond.

I'm in the market for somewhere to live, and there are a couple of
empty plots nearby.

If it comes up almost as cheap as buying somwehere older and doing
it up, I'd maybe prefer it.

Its *hugely laborious but ultimately satisfying experience.

I can also do things like soundproof a room properly so I can do some
recording without paying a fortune to add on soundproofing to
somewhere that's already too small. A quadruple glazed window is much
cheaper than taking an existing double out and putting a triple back
in. Putting a good, solid ceiling in costs very little at *build time.
Yes, I see where you're coming from.

Another useful guide is 30% materials. 70% labour.

So using decent materials doesn't add much to the price, but fiddly
features do.

A final tip. The money really starts to go when the house is built
and your wife moves in.

Ah, now that's where I'm on a winner. I'm not married... ;-)

Yet....

Go for it

uk.d-i-y saved me 6 figure sums I reckon, *but be prepared for a long
build especially if your project manager is as bad as mine was. I fired
him after 2 years and finished it myself.

Cheap mobile home/ biggish caravan on site, and I'll be there most
nights. I also used to work as designer/ estimator/ project manager for
a landscaping company many moons ago, though I'll be employing either a
sole contractor or site manager. As the site's being sold by an
architect/ design firm, I'll *have a chat with them tomorrow. I'll be
wanting a good, solid patio, about the size of a large extra bedroom, I
reckon.....

Must find that drafting board..... Rotring to the rescue!
--
Tciao for Now!

John.- Hide quoted text -

Get the Grand Design team in and make a bit of money!
Posted to uk.rec.sheds,uk.d-i-y

"Dave Budd" wrote in message
[...]

#www.cuore-sportivo.co.uk- Hide quoted text -

The above is very true. It's called "Kerbside Appeal" in EA jargon.
Others call it the twee look. But it sells houses and adds value when
it comes to the crunch.
Posted to uk.rec.sheds,uk.d-i-y

On Jan 9, 12:46*pm, bobharvey wrote:
On Jan 9, 10:59*am, "tim...." wrote:

I was just about to add that. *At some point you will need to sell. *Self
building a one bed to save a few Ks at build time will come back to bite you
later

I goove that's troo. *Also en-suite barfrooms, futility rooms (whot
were called a scullery when I were alive) seem de rigor when its time
to go.

And loft room access, doors wide enuf for wheelchairs, a proper
chimbley all sell bungalows.

The doubled the cost!

Car parking space off road is a seller. No steps into the place.
Garage wide enough to get wheelchair up the side and biggish bathroom
if that's the route you want to go down.

Posted to uk.rec.sheds,uk.d-i-y

Catman wrote:

Merely trying to understand how your (frankly sounding great) cheap
priced 5 bed house will cost 'far more than any armchair pundit imagines'

Perhaps you can point to where I made such a claim? You might want to
actually engage your brain before replying.
Posted to uk.rec.sheds,uk.d-i-y

John Williamson wrote:
If it comes up almost as cheap as buying somwehere older and doing it
up, I'd maybe prefer it.

It will cost more than you think and far more than any armchair pundit
imagines.

This is good as a rule of thumb guide:

http://www.potton.co.uk/self-build/case-studies

By the time I've finished, a five bedroom house build with four
bathrooms and five reception rooms will end up costing me about 250,000
pounds, excluding the price paid for land.

You're dead right there. I did best by upsizing when prices were down
and downsizing when prices were up. I have done up five houses (wife
and self )only in my spare time. It always cost more than you think.
I made most just out of the housing bubble not the work I put in. But
you have to star somewhere.

I think the thing is to see potential where no-one else can. And to
see solutions to glaring problems.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

John Williamson wrote:
[...]

house before you even build it.- Hide quoted text -

It's not possible to put all detail in. A lot has to be decided on
site.
If you want to cable out for ITT, don't. But put in (buried)
conduits and outlet boxes ready for it. Technology changes, you might
need to change stuff a few years down the road.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Jan 9, 1:52*pm, The Natural Philosopher
wrote:
Catman wrote:
On 09/01/2011 01:14, BartC wrote:
"Dave Budd" wrote in message
. NET...
[...]

wired for the 21st century..heat pump heating? UFH?- Hide quoted text -

Don't forget the Aga. Heh Heh!
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Spend ages designing the house, down to the last detail. You very soon
acquire a suite of library objects like bogs, cookers and fridges
etc..take time and get them right - and then you can quickly assemble
while layers of structure, fixtures, plumbing and the like, and see the
house before you even build it.

I can "see" it roughly now. Gimme a while to work out the details.

There's a lot of "Construction to satisfy building regs" and "Size to
fit available space" on the drawings so far.....

--
Tciao for Now!

John.

It can be of benefit to find a design you nearly like and make a few
alterations.

Posted to uk.rec.sheds,uk.d-i-y

(Steve Firth) wrote in
:

Catman wrote:

Merely trying to understand how your (frankly sounding great) cheap
priced 5 bed house will cost 'far more than any armchair pundit
imagines'

Perhaps you can point to where I made such a claim? You might want to
actually engage your brain before replying.

In the spirit of a dimly remembered school playground, I am moved to chant:
"fight, fight fight..."
Posted to uk.d-i-y

harry wrote:

Get the Grand Design team in and make a bit of money!

Chuckle Can't see them being interested in a small suburban bungalow,
somehow.

Not even one with a sloping ceiling in the living room. Though I like
the look of a monopitched roof and *large* windows, I doubt the council
will let me do it on an estate full of ex-coal-board brick semis. The
outline drawing shows a boring little thing with a hipped roof. That
ain't gonna happen, either, if it's anything to do with me.

--
Tciao for Now!

John.
Posted to uk.rec.sheds,uk.d-i-y

harry wrote:

You're dead right there. I did best by upsizing when prices were down
and downsizing when prices were up. I have done up five houses (wife
and self )only in my spare time. It always cost more than you think.
I made most just out of the housing bubble not the work I put in. But
you have to star somewhere.

We've gone through the same number of "fixer uppers". Sold up at the
depth of the last recesssion and bought the current pile for a huge
discount because no one could see past the neglect.

I think the thing is to see potential where no-one else can. And to
see solutions to glaring problems.

Yep, and in general providing that it's structurally sound fixing up is
a good option. Where it goes wrong IMO is when people ignore the basics
and start on the decoration or when they either don't have the
experience to do their own assessment or where they won't pay a
professional to do it.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

harry wrote:
Spend ages designing the house, down to the last detail. You very soon
acquire a suite of library objects like bogs, cookers and fridges
etc..take time and get them right - and then you can quickly assemble
while layers of structure, fixtures, plumbing and the like, and see the
house before you even build it.

I can "see" it roughly now. Gimme a while to work out the details.

There's a lot of "Construction to satisfy building regs" and "Size to
fit available space" on the drawings so far.....

--
Tciao for Now!

John.

It can be of benefit to find a design you nearly like and make a few
alterations.

The Scotframe Acacia layout looks nice, but I'd want a bit more
soundproofing than timber frame can offer.

I'll have a play round with a 3D program later on.

--
Tciao for Now!

John.
Posted to uk.rec.sheds,uk.d-i-y

Sn!pe wrote:
Peter wrote:

In the spirit of a dimly remembered school playground, I am moved to chant:
"fight, fight fight..."

Six to four on, Filthy. Any takers?

Nah - have you ever seen 'Claws' Catman in action?

He's no pussy cat!

Oh, as you were...

--
Rusty

Posted to uk.rec.sheds,uk.d-i-y

On Jan 9, 5:01*pm, Peter wrote:
In the spirit of a dimly remembered school playground, I am moved to chant:
"fight, fight fight..."

It used to be a single loud cry of 'bubble' when I were a boy

[0] Not 'bundle'. That would have been an invite to join in.
Posted to uk.rec.sheds,uk.d-i-y

On 09/01/2011 19:12, Rusty Hinge wrote:
Sn!pe wrote:
Peter wrote:

In the spirit of a dimly remembered school playground, I am moved to
chant:
"fight, fight fight..."

Six to four on, Filthy. Any takers?

Nah - have you ever seen 'Claws' Catman in action?

He's no pussy cat!

Oh, as you were...

I don't come to the shed to fight

116 Giulietta 3.0l Sprint 1.7 GTV TS GT 3.2 V6
Triumph Sprint ST 1050: It's blue, see.
#www.cuore-sportivo.co.uk
Posted to uk.rec.sheds,uk.d-i-y

In article , catman@cuore-
sportivo.co.uk says...
I don't come to the shed to fight

IRTA I do not come to shed light.

Posted to uk.rec.sheds,uk.d-i-y

On Jan 9, 4:52*pm, harry wrote:
I made most just out of the housing bubble not the work I put in. But
you have to star somewhere.

They do say you make the profit when you buy, not when you sell.
Posted to uk.rec.sheds,uk.d-i-y

On 09/01/2011 19:54, Skipweasel wrote:
In , catman@cuore-
sportivo.co.uk says...
I don't come to the shed to fight

IRTA I do not come to shed light.

Also true. I have light shed upon me.

116 Giulietta 3.0l Sprint 1.7 GTV TS GT 3.2 V6
Triumph Sprint ST 1050: It's blue, see.
#www.cuore-sportivo.co.uk

Posted to uk.rec.sheds,uk.d-i-y

"Nick Odell" wrote in message

..

Amongst all these arty-farty one-price-fits-all buildings insurance
policies you will find some good old-fashioned companies that will
want you to cite a figure for "rebuilding cost." That's the cost you
should be insuring for to cover, in the case of a total disaster,
clearing the site and rebuilding what was there before. Go to their
sites and fill in the "rebuilding cost" calculator for the
type/size/location of property you have in mind and it should give you
an up-to-date estimate. Including contract labour etc of course: the
average householder buying a buildings insurance policy isn't planning
to build it all themselves. Rebuilding cost bears no relation to
market value which can be higher or lower, depending on circumstances.

Rebuilding costs are generally higher than building costs as it includes
demolition and clearing the site.

Nick

Posted to uk.rec.sheds,uk.d-i-y

Sn!pe wrote:
Peter wrote:

In the spirit of a dimly remembered school playground, I am moved to
chant:
"fight, fight fight..."

Six to four on, Filthy. Any takers?

Nah - have you ever seen 'Claws' Catman in action?

He's no pussy cat!

Oh, as you were...

I don't come to the shed to fight

Phew! (Wipes brow)

--
Rusty
Posted to uk.rec.sheds,uk.d-i-y

In article , catman@cuore-
sportivo.co.uk says...

I don't come to the shed to fight

The first rule of Shed Club...

Posted to uk.rec.sheds,uk.d-i-y

Ivan D. Reid wrote:
http://www.guardian.co.uk/money/2011...dream-home?INT...

'ow much???? (strangled gurgle) That's four times what I paid to get
one
secondhand.

JGH

Posted to uk.rec.sheds,uk.d-i-y

Steve Firth wrote:
By the time I've finished, a five bedroom house build with four
bathrooms ...

Do families of four regularly lock themsleves into the bathroom
for 24 hours at a time? What's wrong with one bathroom that
is shared out over 24 hours between all users?

JGH
Posted to uk.rec.sheds,uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 9 Jan 2011 15:47:40 -0800 (PST), jgharston
wrote:

Steve Firth wrote:
By the time I've finished, a five bedroom house build with four
bathrooms ...

Do families of four regularly lock themsleves into the bathroom
for 24 hours at a time? What's wrong with one bathroom that
is shared out over 24 hours between all users?

Hmmm... bet you've never had teenage daughters, then.

As it happens, neither have I, but you get my drift...

Nick
Posted to uk.rec.sheds,uk.d-i-y

In message
,
jgharston writes
Ivan D. Reid wrote:
http://www.guardian.co.uk/money/2011...dream-home?INT...

'ow much???? (strangled gurgle) That's four times what I paid to get
one
secondhand.

Ivan's not from round 'ere

--
geoff
Posted to uk.rec.sheds,uk.d-i-y

Nick Odell wrote:
Hmmm... bet you've never had teenage daughters, then.
As it happens, neither have I, but you get my drift...

So, you waste huges amounts of space on facilities that
are going to lie unused for 98% of the time just so that
they can be used simulteneaously 2% of the time. Quick
slap round the head and tell them to grow up.

JGH
Posted to uk.rec.sheds,uk.d-i-y

jgharston wrote:

Nick Odell wrote:
Hmmm... bet you've never had teenage daughters, then.
As it happens, neither have I, but you get my drift...

So, you waste huges amounts of space on facilities that
are going to lie unused for 98% of the time just so that
they can be used simulteneaously 2% of the time. Quick
slap round the head and tell them to grow up.

Christ, is anyone still with demon, other than complete newbies like
you?]