Posted to uk.rec.sheds,uk.d-i-y
harry harry is offline

Default OT, more than likely...

On Jan 9, 11:06*am, "tim...." wrote:
"nev young" wrote in message

On 09/01/11 00:09, John Williamson wrote:
Just out of interest, like, does anyone know how much it costs to build
a house on a plot that you own in England, or anywhere I can find
something like a guesstimated cost per square whatever for building a
bungalow?

I'm in the market for somewhere to live, and there are a couple of empty
plots nearby.

I gubhtug about it as there is a nempty plot opposite me. Would be a nice
size for a bungalow and some garden. When I enquired was told the asking
cevpr for the empty plot is 425Kzu. *I sed buggerit can ohl a bigger plot
with bungalow already molished for that!

But that's because they expect someone to seek PP for six flats on the site.

There is (was) a derelict detached house on a narrow plot with a long garden
for sale that my sister looked at, that would sell done up for about 400.
She wanted to offer about 250 for it, but the EA said that they were looking
for offers over 450 as a building plot. *The same sized site next door
gained PP for IIRC 8 flats on the footprint of the house and above the
driveway, plus two town houses at the end of the garden so they were
expecting the same here.

It did sell at 450!

tim

The mind boggles. The way the housing market is now?