Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default avery labels

All I want to do is take an A4 sheet of Avery labels and print addresses
on them, but I have just spent a fruitless half hour trying to find the
software that shows the different label formats along with the ability
to print individual, or all the same addresses on a single sheet.

Can anyone point me in the right direction through the maze of software
please?

Dave
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Dave" wrote in message
All I want to do is take an A4 sheet of Avery labels and print addresses
on them, but I have just spent a fruitless half hour trying to find the
software that shows the different label formats along with the ability to
print individual, or all the same addresses on a single sheet.

Can anyone point me in the right direction through the maze of software
please?

http://www.avery.co.uk/avery/en_gb/T...tware/Software

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Dave wrote:
All I want to do is take an A4 sheet of Avery labels and print addresses
on them, but I have just spent a fruitless half hour trying to find the
software that shows the different label formats along with the ability
to print individual, or all the same addresses on a single sheet.

Can anyone point me in the right direction through the maze of software
please?

Dave

nightmare really.

open office will do it.

so will MS word.
Both are a bitch to set up.

I have been known to resort to Corel Draw and set up text boxes for all
the labels...
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Dave" wrote in message
All I want to do is take an A4 sheet of Avery labels and print addresses
on them, but I have just spent a fruitless half hour trying to find the
software that shows the different label formats along with the ability to
print individual, or all the same addresses on a single sheet.

Can anyone point me in the right direction through the maze of software
please?

I use X2net LabelMaker. http://www.x2net.com/labelmaker/

I like it because it is so easy to use. It has a large list of Avery labels
and you can define your own labels. It can import from a database. You can
choose to miss 'x' number of labels on a sheet if you've already used some.
Well worth the $25 although they do have an irritating registration process
which means you have to wait a day before you can use the software (or set
your clock on a day).

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
The Natural Philosopher wrote:
Dave wrote:
All I want to do is take an A4 sheet of Avery labels and print
addresses on them, but I have just spent a fruitless half hour trying
to find the software that shows the different label formats along with
the ability to print individual, or all the same addresses on a single
sheet.

Can anyone point me in the right direction through the maze of
software please?

Dave

nightmare really.

open office will do it.

so will MS word. Both are a bitch to set up.

I have been known to resort to Corel Draw and set up text boxes for all
the labels...

I've got an excellent free prog for the RPC here, so there must be similar
for the PC?

--
*Organized Crime Is Alive And Well; It's Called Auto Insurance.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 25/08/2010 22:02, dennis@home wrote:

"Dave" wrote in message
All I want to do is take an A4 sheet of Avery labels and print
addresses on them, but I have just spent a fruitless half hour trying
to find the software that shows the different label formats along with
the ability to print individual, or all the same addresses on a single
sheet.

Can anyone point me in the right direction through the maze of
software please?

http://www.avery.co.uk/avery/en_gb/T...tware/Software

You have to pay for those :-((

What I remember is a download from avery that allows you to choose the
label size and style and print to it for free.

Dave

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Dave wrote:
All I want to do is take an A4 sheet of Avery labels and print
addresses on them, but I have just spent a fruitless half hour trying
to find the software that shows the different label formats along with
the ability to print individual, or all the same addresses on a single
sheet.

Can anyone point me in the right direction through the maze of
software please?

Dave

nightmare really.

open office will do it.

so will MS word.
Both are a bitch to set up.

I have been known to resort to Corel Draw and set up text boxes for all
the labels...

Many thanks, but see my reply to Dennis about the costs.

Dave
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In ,
The Natural wrote:
Dave wrote:
All I want to do is take an A4 sheet of Avery labels and print
addresses on them, but I have just spent a fruitless half hour trying
to find the software that shows the different label formats along with
the ability to print individual, or all the same addresses on a single
sheet.

Can anyone point me in the right direction through the maze of
software please?

Dave

nightmare really.

open office will do it.

so will MS word. Both are a bitch to set up.

I have been known to resort to Corel Draw and set up text boxes for all
the labels...

I've got an excellent free prog for the RPC here, so there must be similar
for the PC?

That is what I remember. I'll have to look at my collection of almost
1000 CD's for a copy.

Until recently Avery had some downloadable software that made label
printing very easy.

Dave
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Dave has brought this to us :
All I want to do is take an A4 sheet of Avery labels and print addresses on
them, but I have just spent a fruitless half hour trying to find the software
that shows the different label formats along with the ability to print
individual, or all the same addresses on a single sheet.

Can anyone point me in the right direction through the maze of software
please?

Dave

I seem to remember doing exactly that in MS Word '97.

--
Regards,
Harry (M1BYT) (L)

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 25/08/2010 23:25, Periproct wrote:

"Dave" wrote in message
All I want to do is take an A4 sheet of Avery labels and print
addresses on them, but I have just spent a fruitless half hour trying
to find the software that shows the different label formats along with
the ability to print individual, or all the same addresses on a single
sheet.

Can anyone point me in the right direction through the maze of
software please?

I use X2net LabelMaker. http://www.x2net.com/labelmaker/

I like it because it is so easy to use. It has a large list of Avery
labels and you can define your own labels. It can import from a
database. You can choose to miss 'x' number of labels on a sheet if
you've already used some. Well worth the $25 although they do have an
irritating registration process which means you have to wait a day
before you can use the software (or set your clock on a day).

Looks promising, I'll download it am.

Thanks

Dave
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Dave" wrote in message
[...]

No problem. It seems to do everything I want very simply. I don't think the
trial is limited in any way apart from the watermark. I have to run it in a
virtual XP machine as it doesn't like my x64 Windows 7.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Harry Bloomfield wrote:
Dave has brought this to us :
All I want to do is take an A4 sheet of Avery labels and print
addresses on them, but I have just spent a fruitless half hour
trying to find the software that shows the different label formats
along with the ability to print individual, or all the same
addresses on a single sheet. Can anyone point me in the right direction
through the maze of
software please?

Dave

I seem to remember doing exactly that in MS Word '97.

I'm still using MS Office 97 Pro Harry, and as you say, Word has the Avery
labels in there.

Cash

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 26/08/2010 00:22, Cash wrote:
Harry Bloomfield wrote:
Dave has brought this to us :
All I want to do is take an A4 sheet of Avery labels and print
addresses on them, but I have just spent a fruitless half hour
trying to find the software that shows the different label formats
along with the ability to print individual, or all the same
addresses on a single sheet. Can anyone point me in the right direction
through the maze of
software please?

Dave

I seem to remember doing exactly that in MS Word '97.

I'm still using MS Office 97 Pro Harry, and as you say, Word has the Avery
labels in there.

That might be worth a peek.

Dave

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 8/25/2010 6:47 PM, Harry Bloomfield wrote:
Dave has brought this to us :
All I want to do is take an A4 sheet of Avery labels and print
addresses on them, but I have just spent a fruitless half hour trying
to find the software that shows the different label formats along with
the ability to print individual, or all the same addresses on a single
sheet.

Can anyone point me in the right direction through the maze of
software please?

Dave

I seem to remember doing exactly that in MS Word '97.

Yes. Open a new document, go to Tools, then Envelopes and Labels. Most
of the Avery products are listed there. If not, it's not hard to set up
a new template.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Aug 26, 11:30 am, Dave wrote:
On 26/08/2010 00:22, Cash wrote:

Harry Bloomfield wrote:
Dave has brought this to us :
All I want to do is take an A4 sheet of Avery labels and print
addresses on them, but I have just spent a fruitless half hour
trying to find the software that shows the different label formats
along with the ability to print individual, or all the same
addresses on a single sheet. Can anyone point me in the right direction
through the maze of
software please?

Dave

I seem to remember doing exactly that in MS Word '97.

I'm still using MS Office 97 Pro Harry, and as you say, Word has the Avery
labels in there.

That might be worth a peek.

There is also an option to describe the dimensions of whatever labels
that you have and give that a name.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , Dave
writes
All I want to do is take an A4 sheet of Avery labels and print
addresses on them

Complete nightmare. I have a draft which I have been using for at least
ten years, and probably longer. I'll shoot myself, if I ever delete it
in error. It prints perfectly - 14 labels per sheet. Works in Word and
Open Office. I'll happily send you a copy, if that is the format you
require.

--
Graeme
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Dave" wrote in message
All I want to do is take an A4 sheet of Avery labels and print

addresses
on them, but I have just spent a fruitless half hour trying to find

the
software that shows the different label formats along with the

ability
to print individual, or all the same addresses on a single sheet.

Can anyone point me in the right direction through the maze of

software
please?

Dave

I've alway defined a table of boxes in Word and adjusted the cells to
fit.

AWEM

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Andrew Mawson wrote:
"Dave" wrote in message
All I want to do is take an A4 sheet of Avery labels and print

addresses
on them, but I have just spent a fruitless half hour trying to find

the
software that shows the different label formats along with the

ability
to print individual, or all the same addresses on a single sheet.

Can anyone point me in the right direction through the maze of

software
please?

Dave

I've alway defined a table of boxes in Word and adjusted the cells to
fit.

That is what I do too.

Colin Bignell
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Andrew Mawson" wrote in message

"Dave" wrote in message
All I want to do is take an A4 sheet of Avery labels and print

addresses
on them, but I have just spent a fruitless half hour trying to find

the
software that shows the different label formats along with the

ability
to print individual, or all the same addresses on a single sheet.

Can anyone point me in the right direction through the maze of

software
please?

Dave

I've alway defined a table of boxes in Word and adjusted the cells to
fit.

What dave wants is this
http://www.avery.co.uk/avery/en_gb/T...002118140aRCRD

It was on the page I posted and is free.

You can put text, pictures, barcodes, dates, counts, etc. on without any
problems.

AWEM

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 26 Aug 2010 00:30:36 +0100, Dave wrote:

On 26/08/2010 00:22, Cash wrote:
Harry Bloomfield wrote:
Dave has brought this to us :
All I want to do is take an A4 sheet of Avery labels and print
addresses on them, but I have just spent a fruitless half hour
trying to find the software that shows the different label formats
along with the ability to print individual, or all the same
addresses on a single sheet. Can anyone point me in the right direction
through the maze of
software please?

Dave

I seem to remember doing exactly that in MS Word '97.

I'm still using MS Office 97 Pro Harry, and as you say, Word has the Avery
labels in there.

That might be worth a peek.

Dave

OO Writer has Labels but the predefined labels are not too obvious and some
of the formats of sheets are a bit confusing, e.g. "A4/Asia".
--
Peter.
The gods will stay away
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 25 Aug, 21:58, Dave wrote:
All I want to do is take an A4 sheet of Avery labels and print addresses
on them, but I have just spent a fruitless half hour trying to find the
software that shows the different label formats along with the ability
to print individual, or all the same addresses on a single sheet.

Can anyone point me in the right direction through the maze of software
please?

Dave

Avery labels on Word 2002 on the top bar Tools Letters and
mailings envelopes and labelsselect options (Avery labels)
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 26 Aug 2010 09:18:57 +0100, PeterC
wrote:

OO Writer has Labels but the predefined labels are not too obvious and some
of the formats of sheets are a bit confusing, e.g. "A4/Asia".

Then don't select Avery A4/Asia then! 'Avery A4' looks to be the
logical choice for those not in Asia, but (IMHO) like all things
remotely like MS Office it is still a pile of pants compared to Word
Perfect 6.1 from 1994 that still handles the vast majority of Avery
labels available today in a totally effortless manner.

Am I the only person on the planet still using the likes of
Wordperfect 6.1 and Lotus 123 v 5 alongside modern 'equivalents'

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 26 Aug 2010 01:40:34 -0700 (PDT), in uk.d-i-y you wrote:

On 25 Aug, 21:58, Dave wrote:
All I want to do is take an A4 sheet of Avery labels and print addresses
on them, but I have just spent a fruitless half hour trying to find the
software that shows the different label formats along with the ability
to print individual, or all the same addresses on a single sheet.

Can anyone point me in the right direction through the maze of software
please?

Dave

Avery labels on Word 2002 on the top bar Tools Letters and
mailings envelopes and labelsselect options (Avery labels)

Agreed - for as long as I remember, both for individual labels and
bulk mailing.

Tip: For individual labels start from the last label and work
backwards otherwise the paper loses its stiffness and might have
problems feeding.

--
AnthonyL
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:
OO Writer has Labels but the predefined labels are not too obvious and some
of the formats of sheets are a bit confusing, e.g. "A4/Asia".

Then don't select Avery A4/Asia then! * 'Avery A4' looks to be the
logical choice for those not in Asia, *but (IMHO) like all things
remotely like MS Office it is still a pile of pants compared to Word
Perfect 6.1 from 1994 that still handles the vast majority of Avery
labels available today in a totally effortless manner.

Am I the only person on the planet still using the likes of
Wordperfect 6.1 and Lotus 123 v 5 alongside modern 'equivalents'

--

I used to use wordperfect. The word does more things though. Pretty
cumbersome. If you don't use it regularly, you forget how to do things.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

The Other Mike wrote:

Am I the only person on the planet still using the likes of
Wordperfect 6.1 and Lotus 123 v 5 alongside modern 'equivalents'

I used to like WordPerfect back in the days of DOS and VMS versions, I
did once buy a Windows version, but this was jsut when M$ started to
sweep the board with Office, eventually I gave up on Corel and for a few
dark years I used Office97 and finally switched to OpenOffice ...

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 26/08/2010 00:50, S Viemeister wrote:
On 8/25/2010 6:47 PM, Harry Bloomfield wrote:
Dave has brought this to us :
All I want to do is take an A4 sheet of Avery labels and print
addresses on them, but I have just spent a fruitless half hour trying
to find the software that shows the different label formats along with
the ability to print individual, or all the same addresses on a single
sheet.

Can anyone point me in the right direction through the maze of
software please?

Dave

I seem to remember doing exactly that in MS Word '97.

Yes. Open a new document, go to Tools, then Envelopes and Labels. Most
of the Avery products are listed there. If not, it's not hard to set up
a new template.

Just found out I haven't got word back on my computer yet, as I did a
format and re-install about 6 weeks ago. I'll put it back on over the
weekend.

Thanks for the above

Dave
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 26/08/2010 07:44, Graeme wrote:
In message , Dave
writes
All I want to do is take an A4 sheet of Avery labels and print
addresses on them

Complete nightmare. I have a draft which I have been using for at least
ten years, and probably longer. I'll shoot myself, if I ever delete it
in error. It prints perfectly - 14 labels per sheet. Works in Word and
Open Office. I'll happily send you a copy, if that is the format you
require.

Thanks for the offer. I don't want to put you to any bother for the
moment, so I'll put it on hold for now

Many thanks

Dave

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Dave" wrote in message
[...]

Just the job Dennis, nice and basic.

thanks a lot

Dave

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Aug 26, 2:35*pm, Andy Burns wrote:
The Other Mike wrote:
Am I the only person on the planet still using the likes of
Wordperfect 6.1 and Lotus 123 v 5 alongside modern 'equivalents'

I used to like WordPerfect back in the days of DOS and VMS versions, I
did once buy a Windows version, but this was jsut when M$ started to
sweep the board with Office, eventually I gave up on Corel and for a few
dark years I used Office97 and finally switched to OpenOffice ...

Well, maybe I'm one of the few to have an up-to-date version of
WordPerfect (I've used it since WP5.1 for DOS) AND an up-to-date
version of MS Word (used it since it appeared) and a current version
of Open Office on my hard disk. So being familiar with all of them and
with long experience of all of them, which do I use from choice?
WordPerfect, every time I have the choice. And labels are very much
simpler, as far as I'm concerned, with WordPerfect.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

The Other Mike wrote:
Am I the only person on the planet still using the likes of
Wordperfect 6.1 and Lotus 123 v 5 alongside modern 'equivalents'

I used to like WordPerfect back in the days of DOS and VMS versions, I
did once buy a Windows version, but this was jsut when M$ started to
sweep the board with Office, eventually I gave up on Corel and for a few
dark years I used Office97 and finally switched to OpenOffice ...

Well, maybe I'm one of the few to have an up-to-date version of
WordPerfect (I've used it since WP5.1 for DOS) AND an up-to-date
version of MS Word (used it since it appeared) and a current version
of Open Office on my hard disk. So being familiar with all of them and
with long experience of all of them, which do I use from choice?
WordPerfect, every time I have the choice. And labels are very much
simpler, as far as I'm concerned, with WordPerfect.

Its still available for Linux too, buried somewhere..
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , PeterC
writes
On Thu, 26 Aug 2010 00:30:36 +0100, Dave wrote:

On 26/08/2010 00:22, Cash wrote:
Harry Bloomfield wrote:
Dave has brought this to us :
All I want to do is take an A4 sheet of Avery labels and print
addresses on them, but I have just spent a fruitless half hour
trying to find the software that shows the different label formats
along with the ability to print individual, or all the same
addresses on a single sheet. Can anyone point me in the right direction
through the maze of
software please?

Dave

I seem to remember doing exactly that in MS Word '97.

I'm still using MS Office 97 Pro Harry, and as you say, Word has the Avery
labels in there.

That might be worth a peek.

Dave

OO Writer has Labels but the predefined labels are not too obvious and some
of the formats of sheets are a bit confusing, e.g. "A4/Asia".

There are, actually, two different sizes for A4 in SE Asia for some
unknown reason

--
geoff
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Mon, 30 Aug 2010 15:30:39 +0100, geoff wrote:

OO Writer has Labels but the predefined labels are not too obvious and some
of the formats of sheets are a bit confusing, e.g. "A4/Asia".

There are, actually, two different sizes for A4 in SE Asia for some
unknown reason

Cheers. I didn't look at it much as I have little call for labels these days
and those that I need are in Word. There is an Avery A4 option and that
seems OK.
--
Peter.
The gods will stay away

Contiboard labels news UK diy 7 May 28th 06 04:20 PM
OT BM: 1st Lt. Garrison C. Avery, 23, of Lincoln, Neb. 2006.2237.98.000 Woodworking 0 February 5th 06 02:06 AM
Is there a way to get UPC labels from a box? miamicuse Home Repair 28 November 12th 05 03:19 AM
avery - berkel 1791 scales - any ideas about the rs232 protocol? tja105 Electronics Repair 1 November 3rd 04 09:36 PM