Posted to uk.d-i-y
news

Default Contiboard labels

About 2 years ago I bought some white Contiboard shelving, but then
shelved the project I intended to use them for.

Now I have found a new use for the shelving. However, the red Contiboard
labels are well and truly stuck down hard to the board, and all attempts
to remove them have failed.

Any ideas on how to remove the labels without doing damage?

--
Ian
Posted to uk.d-i-y
Weatherlawyer

Caustic soda?

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Ian Stirling

news wrote:
About 2 years ago I bought some white Contiboard shelving, but then
shelved the project I intended to use them for.

Now I have found a new use for the shelving. However, the red Contiboard
labels are well and truly stuck down hard to the board, and all attempts
to remove them have failed.

Any ideas on how to remove the labels without doing damage?

Sunflower oil/margarine, left on a day or so.
Most labels are somewhat grease permeable, and won't stick to greasy
surfaces, so...
Posted to uk.d-i-y
NoviceButWilling

Try nail varnish remover or white spirit - nail varnish remover is
usually better as you can guarantee it won't bleach the boards (guess
it doesn't matter if they're white)

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Dave Plowman (News)

In article ,
news wrote:
Any ideas on how to remove the labels without doing damage?

Label remover from Maplin, CPC, etc.

Or try WD40. Works on some.

--
*And don't start a sentence with a conjunction *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
news

In message , "Dave Plowman (News)"
writes
In article ,
news wrote:
Any ideas on how to remove the labels without doing damage?

Label remover from Maplin, CPC, etc.

Or try WD40. Works on some.

Thanks everyone.

--
Ian
Posted to uk.d-i-y
The Medway Handyman

news wrote:

Any ideas on how to remove the labels without doing damage?

Angle grinder.

--
Dave
The Medway Handyman

Posted to uk.d-i-y
news

In message , news
writes
About 2 years ago I bought some white Contiboard shelving, but then
shelved the project I intended to use them for.

Now I have found a new use for the shelving. However, the red
Contiboard labels are well and truly stuck down hard to the board, and
all attempts to remove them have failed.

Any ideas on how to remove the labels without doing damage?

Thanks for all the suggestions. The angle grinder was just the job.

--
Ian