Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default latest news FIFA World Cup 2010

Hi friends,

Every one want to know about FIFA World Cup 2010, especially game
lovers want to know the latest news of this world cup. I got some
latest news regarding “FIFA World Cup 2010".If you are interested to
know then you must visit here on:
http://www.treds.co.uk/pages/blog
Posted to uk.d-i-y

[Default] On Sat, 26 Jun 2010 04:50:41 -0700 (PDT), a certain
chimpanzee, grace lily , randomly hit the
keyboard and wrote:

Hi friends,

Every one want to know about FIFA World Cup 2010, especially game
lovers want to know the latest news of this world cup.

So you supposition is that 100% of non-game lovers also want to know
about FIFA World Cup 2010? I'd like to see your figures on this. I
presume this is based on an opinion poll. What was the sample size?
When and where were the questions asked? How do we know it wasn't a
push-poll? Cite your sources!

I got some
latest news regarding “FIFA World Cup 2010".If you are interested to
know then you must visit here on:
http://www.treds.co.uk/pages/blog

Must I?
--
Hugo Nebula
just how far from the pack have I strayed"?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Huge writes:

Wrong. I have exactly no interest whatsoever in watching 22 overpaid morons
punting a pigs bladder round a field while millions of other morons watch.

I thought I was one of a minority who didn't watch it (although
I caught about 20 seconds worth when I stopped off at a motorway
service station on the M6).

However, it seems the viewing figures were only around 20M, so
I'm actually part of the 40M+ majority who didn't watch it.

I managed to miss the previous one too, whilst I was driving up
the A1(M). In that case, the roads did seem to empty for the
duration of the match.

--
Andrew Gabriel
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Andrew Gabriel wrote:
In article ,
Huge writes:
Wrong. I have exactly no interest whatsoever in watching 22 overpaid morons
punting a pigs bladder round a field while millions of other morons watch.

I thought I was one of a minority who didn't watch it (although
I caught about 20 seconds worth when I stopped off at a motorway
service station on the M6).

However, it seems the viewing figures were only around 20M, so
I'm actually part of the 40M+ majority who didn't watch it.

I managed to miss the previous one too, whilst I was driving up
the A1(M). In that case, the roads did seem to empty for the
duration of the match.

It was good shopping when the footie was on,
nice empty streets,
shame the last match was on a sunday!

[g]

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Mon, 28 Jun 2010 13:18:24 +0000 (UTC), Andrew Gabriel wrote:

I thought I was one of a minority who didn't watch it

Didn't watch it either, was out with No.1 Daughter shopping. Plenty
of places open in city centres on a Sunday, though for some odd
reason many were closing at 1500 instead of their published times of
1600 or 1700 this Sunday.

I have seen the only important five (if that) seconds of the
England/Germany match. FIFA really have to have a very serious look
at bringing in GLT and if they don't have some *very*, *very*, good
reasons not to not the some what suprious can't wait for every
decision to be scrutinsed, destroys flow of the game, etc that I have
seen.

With 20M watching I wonder how big the half and full time power
demand spikes were?

--
Cheers
Dave.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 28 June, 16:39, Huge wrote:

http://www.fhc.co.uk/dinorwig.htm

Dead interesting for your average geek.

The turbines were heated to cherry red (over 500 C) as one unit once
"finished" (as opposed to cast/assembled) to ensure they wouldn't fall
apart when spun up.

They must have used a fairly large kiln and a fair supply of off-peak
from Wylfa too.