Posted to uk.d-i-y
Grimly Curmudgeon Grimly Curmudgeon is offline

Default latest news FIFA World Cup 2010

drugs began to take hold. I remember (Andrew
Gabriel) saying something like:

I thought I was one of a minority who didn't watch it (although
I caught about 20 seconds worth when I stopped off at a motorway
service station on the M6).

However, it seems the viewing figures were only around 20M, so
I'm actually part of the 40M+ majority who didn't watch it.

This WC seems to be much more pervasive than previous events. In past
years, I sometimes barely knew it was being held, such was the ease of
avoiding it.
What bugs me is the blithe assumption by the footie-heads in the
channels that their effing sport is so important that every bugger must
put up with regular programmes being bumped.
Stuff them.