Posted to uk.d-i-y
george [dicegeorge] george [dicegeorge] is offline

Default latest news FIFA World Cup 2010

Andrew Gabriel wrote:
In article ,
Huge writes:
Wrong. I have exactly no interest whatsoever in watching 22 overpaid morons
punting a pigs bladder round a field while millions of other morons watch.

I thought I was one of a minority who didn't watch it (although
I caught about 20 seconds worth when I stopped off at a motorway
service station on the M6).

However, it seems the viewing figures were only around 20M, so
I'm actually part of the 40M+ majority who didn't watch it.

I managed to miss the previous one too, whilst I was driving up
the A1(M). In that case, the roads did seem to empty for the
duration of the match.

It was good shopping when the footie was on,
nice empty streets,
shame the last match was on a sunday!

[g]