Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default latest news FIFA World Cup 2010

Grimly Curmudgeon wrote:
drugs began to take hold. I remember (Andrew
Gabriel) saying something like:

I thought I was one of a minority who didn't watch it (although
I caught about 20 seconds worth when I stopped off at a motorway
service station on the M6).

However, it seems the viewing figures were only around 20M, so
I'm actually part of the 40M+ majority who didn't watch it.

This WC seems to be much more pervasive than previous events. In past
years, I sometimes barely knew it was being held, such was the ease of
avoiding it.
What bugs me is the blithe assumption by the footie-heads in the
channels that their effing sport is so important that every bugger must
put up with regular programmes being bumped.
Stuff them.

yeah. Cricket is much more fun.

The backchat in the commentary booth from the radio 5 live lot is far
better than anything on the pitch.