Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Kitchen wall cabinets

A mate just phoned me to say he was at his son's house and a wall cabinet
was loose due to the adjustable bracket being loose on the cabinet.

He couldn't see how it was attached. I looked at mine and there are two
obvious screws. What are the alternatives?

Hopefully I can get him a response whilst he is having his lunch!

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"John" wrote in message
A mate just phoned me to say he was at his son's house and a wall cabinet
was loose due to the adjustable bracket being loose on the cabinet.

He couldn't see how it was attached. I looked at mine and there are two
obvious screws. What are the alternatives?

Hopefully I can get him a response whilst he is having his lunch!

Screws hidden under a hindged plastic cover?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 21 Feb 2010 13:31:55 -0000, "John"
wrote:

A mate just phoned me to say he was at his son's house and a wall cabinet
was loose due to the adjustable bracket being loose on the cabinet.

He couldn't see how it was attached. I looked at mine and there are two
obvious screws. What are the alternatives?

Hopefully I can get him a response whilst he is having his lunch!

I can't remember how the brackets are fittted to the cabinet ...It's
been so long since I fitted them ...it might need taking down to sort
it properly as it might be attached from the back of the cabinet . ..

I just looked at one of mine and there are four screws .Two under a
folding cover which faces the front and two visible ones on the inner
side but I believe these are just to adust the fit of the cabinet and
to secure it to the bracket on the wall which it hooks on to .
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In an earlier contribution to this discussion, John
wrote:
A mate just phoned me to say he was at his son's house and a wall
cabinet was loose due to the adjustable bracket being loose on the
cabinet.
He couldn't see how it was attached. I looked at mine and there are
two obvious screws. What are the alternatives?

Hopefully I can get him a response whilst he is having his lunch!

Are you sure that it's a problem with the cabinet itself, and not with the
wall bracket?

Many cabinets use brackets which have to be screwed to the wall before the
cabinet is fitted. The fittings in the cabinet then hook onto the wall
brackets, and there are some screws to twiddle to fine-tune the height and
alignment.

In order to check whether a wall bracket had come loose, the cabinet would
have to be lifted off its brackets.
--
Cheers,
Roger

Posted to uk.d-i-y

John wrote:
A mate just phoned me to say he was at his son's house and a wall
cabinet was loose due to the adjustable bracket being loose on the
cabinet.
He couldn't see how it was attached. I looked at mine and there are
two obvious screws. What are the alternatives?

Hopefully I can get him a response whilst he is having his lunch!

There is a adjuster in each top corner, sometimes covered by a prise off
plastic cap. Remove that if present. The two screws facing you are for
adjustment, the adjuster is fixed to the cabinet with two screws fron the
side.

If the adjuster is coming away from the cabinet wall, use longer screws if
the wall ajoins another cabinet.

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"The Medway Handyman" wrote in message
m...
John wrote:
A mate just phoned me to say he was at his son's house and a wall
cabinet was loose due to the adjustable bracket being loose on the
cabinet.
He couldn't see how it was attached. I looked at mine and there are
two obvious screws. What are the alternatives?

Hopefully I can get him a response whilst he is having his lunch!

There is a adjuster in each top corner, sometimes covered by a prise off
plastic cap. Remove that if present. The two screws facing you are for
adjustment, the adjuster is fixed to the cabinet with two screws fron the
side.

If the adjuster is coming away from the cabinet wall, use longer screws if
the wall ajoins another cabinet.

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk

It turned out to be the adjustable block in the cupboard that was damaged
and not locating properly in a dowel hole.