Posted to uk.d-i-y
RzB RzB is offline

Default Under Kitchen Wall Cabinets Angled Sockets

I'm considering using some of these in our kitchen,
under wall units - not on the worktop.

http://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Products/KS104.html

There was a long thread back in 2004 on this subject...
http://tinyurl.com/eqypy

However I have some further questions...

These are not switched sockets. I'm sure there is something
in the regs somewhere that says sockets must be switched?
Unfortunately I don't seem to be able to find it now!
If they do need to be switched can I use one switch for all
sockets? Perhaps put them on a fused spur off the main ring?

In the 2004 thread one person said they were flimsy and
others thought extra screws/packing etc might improve this.
Has anyone had any further experience with them?

Is there another manufacturer selling this sort of thing - I've
only managed to find TLC...

Has anyone done a real DIY job - make an angled fillet out
of whatever and fitted normal sockets?

Thanks,
Roy

Posted to uk.d-i-y
RzB RzB is offline

"Owain" wrote in message
Has anyone done a real DIY job - make an angled fillet out
of whatever and fitted normal sockets?

No, but you can get angled bench trunking, either in continuous strips or
in sections for bench outlets.

Owain

Owain,

I have looked at this option but the bench trunking is a bit bulky.
I would like to hide the sockets as much as possible, The TLC
units project down from the underside of the wall units by 75mm.
The bench trunking I have looked at is 105mm.

Many thanks for your response,
Roy

Posted to uk.d-i-y
RzB RzB is offline

======== clip

Is there another manufacturer selling this sort of thing - I've
only managed to find TLC...

Has anyone done a real DIY job - make an angled fillet out
of whatever and fitted normal sockets?

Thanks,
Roy

I have been pointed at a couple of alternatives..
Screwfix - look very similar to TLC.
http://tinyurl.com/qbevh

and...

Aurora - these are actually switched...but - £38!!!
http://tinyurl.com/r3wfm

I went to TLC today and took a look at their version...
I see what people mean when they say they are flimsy...

So - say I decided to make 'em myself... what would I have
take into account? What material could I make this from?
I would love to be able to make from MDF or perhaps
some of the material that the kitchen is made of. But
that would probably break the "flame retardant" rules
that I have been reminded of in another recent post.

Thoughts?

Thanks,
Roy