Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Bloody hell it's hot

dennis@home wibbled:

The best one I found was Erpeheide in Belgium - which one are you at?

Sherwood

So what's it like?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Clive George wibbled:

"neverwas" wrote in message
m...

Unless we change the thread to "DIY vasectomy"

I know you'll say this guy ought to have used an angle grinder but with
what tool?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukne...cumcision.html

Surely a Fein Multimaster will have something suitable?

Yes - if you are the Terminator, or the TinMan from Oz you can use the
carbide tipped blades

Now what would a Jewish Terminator sound like?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Doctor Drivel wrote:

"Steve Firth" wrote in message
Doctor Drivel wrote:

"Steve Firth" wrote in message
.. .
Tim S wrote:

DIY aircon underpants anyone?...

Umm it's all of 29C which is just warm rather than hot. It's cool
verging on chilly in my living room, but the external walls here are
between four and five bricks thick and the rear wall is ten bricks
thick, so there's "quite a bit" of thermal mass.

You only need one brick thick and the heat penetrates only about 4"
during
the day and then moves back the other way as it cools during the night.

Yes of course you

See The Whole House Book.

You need tagging.

You need gagging.

Dave
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Dave wibbled:

You need gagging.

He's already gagging.

For Hot Twin Combis... He can't wait to lift their covers and twiddle their
buttons.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Tim S wrote:
Dave wibbled:

You need gagging.

He's already gagging.

For Hot Twin Combis... He can't wait to lift their covers and twiddle their
buttons.

Is his middle name Michael?

Dave

Posted to uk.d-i-y

The Natural Philosopher wrote on Jul 3, 2009:

And at least its not totally humid. Not like the tropics.

Ah yes, "the tropics" - terribly hot and humid, what?

Actually Nairobi, not far south of the equator, is experiencing maximum
temperatures of around 25 C at the moment, and minima 13, with humidity
averaging around 55%. Rather cooler than London of late.

--
Mike Lane
UK North Yorkshire

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Jul 3, 9:31*pm, "neverwas" wrote:
Unless we change the thread to "DIY vasectomy"

I know you'll say this guy ought to have used an angle grinder but with
what tool?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukne...-nail-clippers...

A circlet disc?
http://www.leevalley.com/wood/page.a...0,43409,43424&

NT
Posted to uk.d-i-y

neverwas wrote:
Unless we change the thread to "DIY vasectomy"

I know you'll say this guy ought to have used an angle grinder but with
what tool?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukne...cumcision.html

He could market the service as a budget alternative....

say £25 quid a time.... plus tips ;-)

--
Cheers,

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sat, 04 Jul 2009 01:02:05 +0100, John Rumm wrote:

neverwas wrote:
Unless we change the thread to "DIY vasectomy"

I know you'll say this guy ought to have used an angle grinder but with
what tool?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukne...cumcision.html

He could market the service as a budget alternative....

say £25 quid a time.... plus tips ;-)

eye-watering there's many a slip twixt the snip and the tip /watering
--
Peter.
it's been flattened with an angel-grinder.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Tim S" wrote in message
.. .

For Hot Twin Combis... He can't wait to lift their covers and twiddle
their
buttons.

You need one for each tap.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"ARWadsworth" wrote in message
om...

"The Medway Handyman" wrote in message
Tim S wrote:
DIY aircon underpants anyone?...

Apparently it was so hot yesterday that gentlemen at the Henley regatta
were given permission to remove thier jackets!

Ceiling fans in every room are the way forward.

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk

Like hell it is.

I am having aircon fitted.

Adam

Lose weight. It is easier and quicker that way.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Tim S" wrote in message
.. .
NT wibbled:

On Jul 2, 10:37 pm, Tim S wrote:
DIY aircon underpants anyone?...

I'm certainly glad I put my cooling system in. Its delivering the
highest temp I've ever seen this summer, but the end result is a huge
improvement on the temps I used to suffer through, and its acceptable.
Must get the wiki article on it finished some time, but it needs some
pretty major editing.

On an aside to your cooling system - I was wondering - say if one happened
to be digging with a digger in the garden for other reasons down into wet
clay 0.6m below the surface:

Using earth pipes with an air Heat Recovery and Vent system, the earth pipe
is usually connected to the heat exchanger raising the outside temperature,
or cooling it. The heat exchanger transfers heat from extracted air into the
pre-heat/pre-cooled earth tube air.

The worry is mould and condensation in the earth pipe. A solution is to have
the air from the earth pipe recirculating through the heat exchanger - this
air does not enter the house. The air in the house passes over the heat
exchanger and takes in 10 to 50% fresh air with 90% re-circulated. Why have
100% fresh air intake as normal Heat recovery/cooling systems? Still only
one heat exchanger but maybe two fans.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 3 July, 00:39, "Clot" wrote:
Steve Firth wrote:
Tim S wrote:

DIY aircon underpants anyone?...

Umm it's all of 29C which is just warm rather than hot. It's cool
verging on chilly in my living room, but the external walls here are
between four and five bricks thick and the rear wall is ten bricks
thick, so there's "quite a bit" of thermal mass.

Bit more than that here at present. 31C in through lounge (north/south) with
patio door open and windows open at the other end. Usually the coldest room
in the house, (t'other side is outside east facing).

The last time I recall this being a serious pain was coming back from
Hangzhou (where I was sleeping in an A/C hotel room) in July 06 when I could
not even try to get to sleep until 2 or 3 in the morning.

Highest temperature I've seen on CM927 which in the living room is
27C, patio doors open.

My attic room is 27.6C and will probably get up to 32C, window is
open, I would put the AC on but I'm not going to be in the room
anyway, so AC will come on at about 1800 and the room will be a
comfortable 23C.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Tim S wrote:
DIY aircon underpants anyone?...

Apparently it was so hot yesterday that gentlemen at the Henley regatta
were given permission to remove thier jackets!

Ceiling fans in every room are the way forward.

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk

Like hell it is.

I am having aircon fitted.

Adam

Lose weight. It is easier and quicker that way.

It probably is not easier or quicker than losing weight.

But as I am not a fat ******* I would not know.

Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Tim S" wrote in message
.. .
dennis@home wibbled:

The best one I found was Erpeheide in Belgium - which one are you at?

Sherwood

So what's it like?

We like it, but you might not.
There used to be more rough forest tracks within the village boundary but
they are tarmacing all the paths 8-(
There is a few hundred acres of the clipstone forest around it though.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

dennis@home wrote:
"Tim S" wrote in message
.. .
dennis@home wibbled:

The best one I found was Erpeheide in Belgium - which one are you
at?

Sherwood

So what's it like?

We like it, but you might not.
There used to be more rough forest tracks within the village boundary
but they are tarmacing all the paths 8-(
There is a few hundred acres of the clipstone forest around it though.

Careful you don't exceed the speed limit Dennis - and don't forget your
cycle helmet.

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"The Medway Handyman" wrote in message
m...
dennis@home wrote:
"Tim S" wrote in message
.. .
dennis@home wibbled:

The best one I found was Erpeheide in Belgium - which one are you
at?

Sherwood

So what's it like?

We like it, but you might not.
There used to be more rough forest tracks within the village boundary
but they are tarmacing all the paths 8-(
There is a few hundred acres of the clipstone forest around it though.

Careful you don't exceed the speed limit Dennis

I don't know of any person that could exceed the speed limit on a bike.

- and don't forget your cycle helmet.

I don't.

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , The Medway
Handyman writes
dennis@home wrote:
"Tim S" wrote in message
.. .
dennis@home wibbled:

The best one I found was Erpeheide in Belgium - which one are you
at?

Sherwood

So what's it like?

We like it, but you might not.
There used to be more rough forest tracks within the village boundary
but they are tarmacing all the paths 8-(
There is a few hundred acres of the clipstone forest around it though.

Careful you don't exceed the speed limit Dennis - and don't forget your
cycle helmet.

More like extacy than speed ...

--
geoff
Posted to uk.d-i-y

dennis@home wrote:
"The Medway Handyman" wrote in
message m...
dennis@home wrote:
"Tim S" wrote in message
.. .
dennis@home wibbled:

The best one I found was Erpeheide in Belgium - which one are you
at?

Sherwood

So what's it like?

We like it, but you might not.
There used to be more rough forest tracks within the village
boundary but they are tarmacing all the paths 8-(
There is a few hundred acres of the clipstone forest around it
though.

Careful you don't exceed the speed limit Dennis

I don't know of any person that could exceed the speed limit on a
bike.

Oh dear. What an ignorant plonker. Regularly possible for a fit person to
exceed 30 mph on a cycle. Moreover, too easy to exceed the new 20mph limits
around schools.

What are those strange twigs/ aerials or things that stick out of the
uppermost part of your body?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sat, 4 Jul 2009 23:19:14 UTC, "dennis@home"
wrote:

"The Medway Handyman" wrote in message
m...
dennis@home wrote:
"Tim S" wrote in message
.. .
dennis@home wibbled:

The best one I found was Erpeheide in Belgium - which one are you
at?

Sherwood

So what's it like?

We like it, but you might not.
There used to be more rough forest tracks within the village boundary
but they are tarmacing all the paths 8-(
There is a few hundred acres of the clipstone forest around it though.

Careful you don't exceed the speed limit Dennis

I don't know of any person that could exceed the speed limit on a bike.

Rubbish. My brother has been stopped by the police for exactly that...in
a 30mph limit.

http://www.diybanter.com

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

"The Medway Handyman" wrote in
message m...
dennis@home wrote:
"Tim S" wrote in message
.. .
dennis@home wibbled:

The best one I found was Erpeheide in Belgium - which one are
you at?

Sherwood

So what's it like?

We like it, but you might not.
There used to be more rough forest tracks within the village
boundary but they are tarmacing all the paths 8-(
There is a few hundred acres of the clipstone forest around it
though.

Careful you don't exceed the speed limit Dennis

I don't know of any person that could exceed the speed limit on a
bike.

Rubbish. My brother has been stopped by the police for exactly
that...in a 30mph limit.

Quite, ditto. dennis lives on another planet that I have not yet figured
where it exists.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

dennis@home wrote:

"The Medway Handyman" wrote in
message m...
dennis@home wrote:
"Tim S" wrote in message
.. .
dennis@home wibbled:

The best one I found was Erpeheide in Belgium - which one are you
at?

Sherwood

So what's it like?

We like it, but you might not.
There used to be more rough forest tracks within the village boundary
but they are tarmacing all the paths 8-(
There is a few hundred acres of the clipstone forest around it though.

Careful you don't exceed the speed limit Dennis

I don't know of any person that could exceed the speed limit on a bike.

Ive exceeded the speed limit on a bike easily.

Overtook a van coming down the north downs as a boy. I glanced at his
speedo. It read 38mph. Give or take..may have been less sue to the angle
of sight..

- and don't forget your cycle helmet.

I don't.

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Stephen Howard wrote:
On 5 Jul 2009 00:04:08 GMT, "Bob Eager" wrote:

On Sat, 4 Jul 2009 23:19:14 UTC, "dennis@home"
wrote:

snip
I don't know of any person that could exceed the speed limit on a bike.

Rubbish. My brother has been stopped by the police for exactly that...in
a 30mph limit.

I wasn't aware it was possible, technically, for a cyclist to exceed
the speed limit as they don't have speedometers - and therefore have
no way of knowing what speed they're doing.

Ignorance is no defense.

Theres an old anecdote about e American in an ageing Model -T pulled up
for having no working speedo, to which he replied that he had a
perfectly reasonable way of assessing speed

"At 10mph, the hood starts to shake, at 20mph, I get a wobble in the
steering, at 30mph I get the doors rattling, and 40mph is as fast as the
old bus will go"

;-)

This from a news item about a 10mph speed limit on a seafront
promenade in Bournemouth:

"But despite launching their 'crackdown', the officials in Bournemouth
have no powers to punish speeding cyclists with fines, because
offenders do not have speedometers and so are unaware of breaking the
law."

Sound ******** to me.

I don't think the highway code specifically addresses cyclists with
regard to the speed limits - though it does say that they should obey
'all traffic signs'.

Indeed. Though few ever do.

IIRC someone was even hauled up for exceeding the 30mph speed limit on a
horse..

Regards,

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 5 Jul 2009 00:04:08 GMT, "Bob Eager" wrote:

On Sat, 4 Jul 2009 23:19:14 UTC, "dennis@home"
wrote:

snip

[...]

Steve ( out in the sticks )
Email: Take time to reply: timefrom_usenet{at}gmx.net
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 5 Jul 2009 10:13:52 UTC, Stephen Howard
wrote:

On 5 Jul 2009 00:04:08 GMT, "Bob Eager" wrote:

On Sat, 4 Jul 2009 23:19:14 UTC, "dennis@home"
wrote:

snip

I don't know of any person that could exceed the speed limit on a bike.

Rubbish. My brother has been stopped by the police for exactly that...in
a 30mph limit.

I wasn't aware it was possible, technically, for a cyclist to exceed
the speed limit as they don't have speedometers - and therefore have
no way of knowing what speed they're doing.

Technically, no. But he wasstill dangerous, and I suspect there's a
'reckless use of cycle' or some such.

http://www.diybanter.com

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 5 Jul 2009 01:02:32 +0100, Clot wrote:

dennis@home wrote:
"The Medway Handyman" wrote in
message m...
dennis@home wrote:
"Tim S" wrote in message
.. .
[...]

I am an extremely unfit person and can exceed the 30 limit - I just can't
do it for long!

SteveW
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 05 Jul 2009 10:13:52 +0000, Stephen Howard wrote:

On 5 Jul 2009 00:04:08 GMT, "Bob Eager" wrote:

On Sat, 4 Jul 2009 23:19:14 UTC, "dennis@home"
wrote:

snip

I don't know of any person that could exceed the speed limit on a bike.

Rubbish. My brother has been stopped by the police for exactly that...in
a 30mph limit.

I wasn't aware it was possible, technically, for a cyclist to exceed
the speed limit as they don't have speedometers - and therefore have
no way of knowing what speed they're doing.

This from a news item about a 10mph speed limit on a seafront
promenade in Bournemouth:

"But despite launching their 'crackdown', the officials in Bournemouth
have no powers to punish speeding cyclists with fines, because
offenders do not have speedometers and so are unaware of breaking the
law."

I don't think the highway code specifically addresses cyclists with
regard to the speed limits - though it does say that they should obey
'all traffic signs'.

I'm pretty sure that speed limits cannot be directly enforced on cyclists,
but there are offences of "dangerous cycling" or "careless cycling" that
can be used in these circumstances.

SteveW
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , "dennis@home"
writes

"The Medway Handyman" wrote in
message m...
dennis@home wrote:
"Tim S" wrote in message
.. .
dennis@home wibbled:

The best one I found was Erpeheide in Belgium - which one are you
at?

Sherwood

So what's it like?

We like it, but you might not.
There used to be more rough forest tracks within the village boundary
but they are tarmacing all the paths 8-(
There is a few hundred acres of the clipstone forest around it though.

Careful you don't exceed the speed limit Dennis

I don't know of any person that could exceed the speed limit on a bike.

I can easily break the speed limit on a bike - just not a pushbike

I know several annoyingly fit peddlars who can though

- and don't forget your cycle helmet.

I don't.

Lined with tin foil, is it ?

-- Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk

--
geoff
Posted to uk.d-i-y

dennis@home wrote:
"The Medway Handyman" wrote in
message m...
dennis@home wrote:
"Tim S" wrote in message
.. .
[...]

Try a steep hill (going down of course).

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 2009-07-05, Stephen Howard wrote:

Some further debate:

http://forum.ctc.org.uk/

Err, there will be no "debate" there. Just whining from cyclists
about how hard done by they are.

...and no mention at all of what a bunch of free loading cheapskates they
are.

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk

Posted to uk.d-i-y

geoff wrote:

I know several annoyingly fit peddlars who can though

Either pedlars..dubious purveyors of goods or pedallers.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 05 Jul 2009 10:49:28 +0100, The Natural Philosopher
wrote:

Stephen Howard wrote:
On 5 Jul 2009 00:04:08 GMT, "Bob Eager" wrote:

On Sat, 4 Jul 2009 23:19:14 UTC, "dennis@home"
wrote:

snip
I don't know of any person that could exceed the speed limit on a bike.
Rubbish. My brother has been stopped by the police for exactly that...in
a 30mph limit.

I wasn't aware it was possible, technically, for a cyclist to exceed
the speed limit as they don't have speedometers - and therefore have
no way of knowing what speed they're doing.

Ignorance is no defense.

It wouldn't be if it were mandatory to have speedometers on bicycles -
but it isn't, and therefore you'd first have to prove that every
cyclist was capable of determining their speed by other means.

This from a news item about a 10mph speed limit on a seafront
promenade in Bournemouth:

"But despite launching their 'crackdown', the officials in Bournemouth
have no powers to punish speeding cyclists with fines, because
offenders do not have speedometers and so are unaware of breaking the
law."

Sound ******** to me.

It was a joint operation between the council and the police - and I
doubt that the police would pass up a chance to dish out a few fines.
This quote appears to clarify it further:

"Although there are no penalties available, those behind the
initiative hope it will make cyclists take more care when cycling
between Hengistbury Head and Sandbanks."

Some further debate:

http://forum.ctc.org.uk/viewtopic.ph... f6a6ff33dc2b

Regards,

--
Steve ( out in the sticks )
Email: Take time to reply: timefrom_usenet{at}gmx.net
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

Stephen Howard wrote:
On 5 Jul 2009 00:04:08 GMT, "Bob Eager" wrote:

On Sat, 4 Jul 2009 23:19:14 UTC, "dennis@home"
wrote:

snip
I don't know of any person that could exceed the speed limit on a bike.
Rubbish. My brother has been stopped by the police for exactly that...in
a 30mph limit.

I wasn't aware it was possible, technically, for a cyclist to exceed
the speed limit as they don't have speedometers - and therefore have
no way of knowing what speed they're doing.

Ignorance is no defense.

It wouldn't be if it were mandatory to have speedometers on bicycles -
but it isn't, and therefore you'd first have to prove that every
cyclist was capable of determining their speed by other means.

Ignorance of the law or ones state with respect to it has never been a
defense.

This from a news item about a 10mph speed limit on a seafront
promenade in Bournemouth:

"But despite launching their 'crackdown', the officials in Bournemouth
have no powers to punish speeding cyclists with fines, because
offenders do not have speedometers and so are unaware of breaking the
law."

Sound ******** to me.

It was a joint operation between the council and the police - and I
doubt that the police would pass up a chance to dish out a few fines.
This quote appears to clarify it further:

"Although there are no penalties available, those behind the
initiative hope it will make cyclists take more care when cycling
between Hengistbury Head and Sandbanks."

Some further debate:

http://forum.ctc.org.uk/viewtopic.ph... f6a6ff33dc2b

I still don't think that its impossible to prosecute a cyclist for
speeding: Just that they chose not to, and someone in ignorance gave
that as a reason.

Regards,

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , The Natural Philosopher
writes
geoff wrote:

I know several annoyingly fit peddlars who can though

Either pedlars..dubious purveyors of goods or pedallers.

It was an intentional spelling - just a little inside joke you aren't
privy to

And ... NP having the audacity to pull others up for spelling is a bit
rich IMO
--
geoff
Posted to uk.d-i-y

I still don't think that its impossible to prosecute a cyclist for
speeding

Define speeding, particularly WRT which act or bylaw you believe they're
breaking, and you get your answer. In some places it is possible to
prosecute a cyclist for breaking a speed limit, in most it isn't.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

Stephen Howard wrote:
On 5 Jul 2009 00:04:08 GMT, "Bob Eager" wrote:

On Sat, 4 Jul 2009 23:19:14 UTC, "dennis@home"
wrote:

snip
I don't know of any person that could exceed the speed limit on a bike.
Rubbish. My brother has been stopped by the police for exactly that...in
a 30mph limit.

I wasn't aware it was possible, technically, for a cyclist to exceed
the speed limit as they don't have speedometers - and therefore have
no way of knowing what speed they're doing.

Ignorance is no defense.

It wouldn't be if it were mandatory to have speedometers on bicycles -
but it isn't, and therefore you'd first have to prove that every
cyclist was capable of determining their speed by other means.

Ignorance of the law or ones state with respect to it has never been a
defense.

Something of a tricky one then.
If asked in court "What speed were you doing?", your answer could be
"I do not know, I have no means of knowing and there is no legal
obligation for me to have a device fitted to my bicycle which would
indicate my speed. I estimate I was doing 5 MPH ( M'lud )".

snip

I still don't think that its impossible to prosecute a cyclist for
speeding: Just that they chose not to, and someone in ignorance gave
that as a reason.

I haven't found any reference to anyone being prosecuted for speeding
on a bicycle:

From a letter to The Times

"Wheels under fire"
From His Honour Patrick Halnan

Sir, I write as one who frequently cycled to court.
My fellow cyclists may like to know that as long as
they do not cycle "dangerously", "furiously",
"carelessly" or "without reasonable consideration"
they can cycle as fast as they like.

The offence of "speeding" can, in law, only be
committed by drivers of motor vehicles.

I remain Sir, a happy cyclist.

Yours truly,
PATRICK HALNAN,
33 Rotherwick Way, Cambridge.
November 5."

This quote from someone who sent a letter to the Police asking for
clarification:

"For the offence of speeding it has to be a motor vehicle. A different
offence could be used for a cyclist eg furious / wanton cycling, or
cycling without due care."

Regards,

--
Steve ( out in the sticks )
Email: Take time to reply: timefrom_usenet{at}gmx.net
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Clot" wrote in message
dennis@home wrote:
"The Medway Handyman" wrote in
message m...
dennis@home wrote:
"Tim S" wrote in message
.. .
dennis@home wibbled:

The best one I found was Erpeheide in Belgium - which one are you
at?

Sherwood

So what's it like?

We like it, but you might not.
There used to be more rough forest tracks within the village
boundary but they are tarmacing all the paths 8-(
There is a few hundred acres of the clipstone forest around it
though.

Careful you don't exceed the speed limit Dennis

I don't know of any person that could exceed the speed limit on a
bike.

Oh dear. What an ignorant plonker.

Oh dear what an ignorant clot.. what exactly is the cycle speed limit on a
forest path?
I will give you a clue.. I know of no one that can exceed it on a cycle.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

Stephen Howard wrote:
On 5 Jul 2009 00:04:08 GMT, "Bob Eager" wrote:

On Sat, 4 Jul 2009 23:19:14 UTC, "dennis@home"
wrote:

snip
[...]

I do have a device fitted.. a holux gps 245.
But as the clipstone forest doesn't have speed limits its irrelevant.

Its main use is as a data logger to record speed, direction and position
every second.
It makes adding gps info to photos easy.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 5 Jul 2009 15:49:31 UTC, "dennis@home"
wrote:

"Clot" wrote in message
dennis@home wrote:
"The Medway Handyman" wrote in
message m...
dennis@home wrote:
"Tim S" wrote in message
.. .
dennis@home wibbled:

The best one I found was Erpeheide in Belgium - which one are you
at?

Sherwood

So what's it like?

We like it, but you might not.
There used to be more rough forest tracks within the village
boundary but they are tarmacing all the paths 8-(
There is a few hundred acres of the clipstone forest around it
though.

Careful you don't exceed the speed limit Dennis

I don't know of any person that could exceed the speed limit on a
bike.

Oh dear. What an ignorant plonker.

Oh dear what an ignorant clot.. what exactly is the cycle speed limit on a
forest path?
I will give you a clue.. I know of no one that can exceed it on a cycle.

Oh dear...having been proved wrong, he's wriggling as usual...

http://www.diybanter.com
Posted to uk.d-i-y

dennis@home wrote:
"Clot" wrote in message
dennis@home wrote:
"The Medway Handyman" wrote in
message m...
dennis@home wrote:
"Tim S" wrote in message
.. .
dennis@home wibbled:

The best one I found was Erpeheide in Belgium - which one are
you at?

Sherwood

So what's it like?

We like it, but you might not.
There used to be more rough forest tracks within the village
boundary but they are tarmacing all the paths 8-(
There is a few hundred acres of the clipstone forest around it
though.

Careful you don't exceed the speed limit Dennis

I don't know of any person that could exceed the speed limit on a
bike.

Oh dear. What an ignorant plonker.

Oh dear what an ignorant clot.. what exactly is the cycle speed limit
on a forest path?
I will give you a clue.. I know of no one that can exceed it on a
cycle.

So its less than 167 mph then?

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk

Bloody B&Q again [email protected] UK diy 9 October 20th 06 09:24 AM
It's too bloody hot for tiling.... Dan delaMare-Lyon UK diy 17 July 3rd 06 01:47 PM
BLOODY ScrewFix [email protected] UK diy 64 February 25th 06 11:31 PM
Bloody Woodchip!!! John UK diy 21 April 11th 05 08:13 PM
Bloody Winds Simmmy Home Repair 2 January 8th 05 08:35 PM