Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Bloody hell it's hot

Bob Eager wrote:
On Sun, 5 Jul 2009 15:49:31 UTC, "dennis@home"
wrote:

"Clot" wrote in message
dennis@home wrote:
"The Medway Handyman" wrote in
message m...
dennis@home wrote:
"Tim S" wrote in message
.. .
dennis@home wibbled:

The best one I found was Erpeheide in Belgium - which one are
you at?

Sherwood

So what's it like?

We like it, but you might not.
There used to be more rough forest tracks within the village
boundary but they are tarmacing all the paths 8-(
There is a few hundred acres of the clipstone forest around it
though.

Careful you don't exceed the speed limit Dennis

I don't know of any person that could exceed the speed limit on a
bike.
Oh dear. What an ignorant plonker.

Oh dear what an ignorant clot.. what exactly is the cycle speed
limit on a forest path?
I will give you a clue.. I know of no one that can exceed it on a
cycle.

Oh dear...having been proved wrong, he's wriggling as usual...

Leopard. Spots.

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Bob Eager" wrote in message

Oh dear what an ignorant clot.. what exactly is the cycle speed limit on
forest path?
I will give you a clue.. I know of no one that can exceed it on a cycle.

Oh dear...having been proved wrong, he's wriggling as usual...

Are you trying to be a moron or is it natural?
I know what the speed limits are on roads but as I was at CP and the
clipstone forest they are irrelevant.
So now you have been shown to be talking out of your arse you try to make
out that I am wriggling rather than that you were too stupid to read the
thread.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"The Medway Handyman" wrote in message
news
wrote:

"Clot" wrote in message
dennis@home wrote:
"The Medway Handyman" wrote in
message m...
dennis@home wrote:
"Tim S" wrote in message
.. .
[...]

Another one that can't understand what was said even though it was him that
said it!

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"The Medway Handyman" wrote in message
om...
dennis@home wrote:
"Clot" wrote in message
dennis@home wrote:
"The Medway Handyman" wrote in
message m...
dennis@home wrote:
"Tim S" wrote in message
.. .
dennis@home wibbled:

The best one I found was Erpeheide in Belgium - which one are
you at?

Sherwood

So what's it like?

We like it, but you might not.
There used to be more rough forest tracks within the village
boundary but they are tarmacing all the paths 8-(
There is a few hundred acres of the clipstone forest around it
though.

Careful you don't exceed the speed limit Dennis

I don't know of any person that could exceed the speed limit on a
bike.
Oh dear. What an ignorant plonker.

Oh dear what an ignorant clot.. what exactly is the cycle speed limit
on a forest path?
I will give you a clue.. I know of no one that can exceed it on a
cycle.

So its less than 167 mph then?

What you say is illogical.
Nothing I have said says what the limit is and does not specify an upper
limit.
If you think it does then you need to learn English.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 5 Jul 2009 17:39:10 UTC, "dennis@home"
wrote:

"Bob Eager" wrote in message

Oh dear what an ignorant clot.. what exactly is the cycle speed limit on
forest path?
I will give you a clue.. I know of no one that can exceed it on a cycle.

Oh dear...having been proved wrong, he's wriggling as usual...

Are you trying to be a moron or is it natural?
I know what the speed limits are on roads but as I was at CP and the
clipstone forest they are irrelevant.
So now you have been shown to be talking out of your arse you try to make
out that I am wriggling rather than that you were too stupid to read the
thread.

MRD.

http://www.diybanter.com

Posted to uk.d-i-y

dennis@home wrote:
"Stephen Howard" wrote in message
On Sun, 05 Jul 2009 13:50:21 +0100, The Natural Philosopher
wrote:

Stephen Howard wrote:
On Sun, 05 Jul 2009 10:49:28 +0100, The Natural Philosopher
wrote:

Stephen Howard wrote:
On 5 Jul 2009 00:04:08 GMT, "Bob Eager"
wrote:
On Sat, 4 Jul 2009 23:19:14 UTC, "dennis@home"
wrote:

snip
I don't know of any person that could exceed the speed limit
on a bike.
Rubbish. My brother has been stopped by the police for exactly
that...in
a 30mph limit.

I wasn't aware it was possible, technically, for a cyclist to
exceed the speed limit as they don't have speedometers - and
therefore have no way of knowing what speed they're doing.

Ignorance is no defense.

It wouldn't be if it were mandatory to have speedometers on
bicycles - but it isn't, and therefore you'd first have to prove
that every cyclist was capable of determining their speed by other
means.

Ignorance of the law or ones state with respect to it has never
been a defense.

Something of a tricky one then.
If asked in court "What speed were you doing?", your answer could be
"I do not know, I have no means of knowing and there is no legal
obligation for me to have a device fitted to my bicycle which would
indicate my speed. I estimate I was doing 5 MPH ( M'lud )".

I do have a device fitted.. a holux gps 245.
But as the clipstone forest doesn't have speed limits its irrelevant.

Its main use is as a data logger to record speed, direction and
position every second.
It makes adding gps info to photos easy.

In case you get lost on Planet Earth?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"John Rumm" wrote in message
o.uk...

I recall also reading that if you commit a traffic violation on a cycle
and you are stopped, you can end up having your drivers license endorsed -
but only if you are carrying it with you at the time. Anyone know if this
is true?

T'aint. As should be obvious by the nonsensical carrying it/not carrying it
thing :-)

(caveat - UK. No idea about the rest of the world)

Posted to uk.d-i-y

dennis@home wrote:
"The Medway Handyman" wrote in
message news
wrote:

"Clot" wrote in message
dennis@home wrote:
"The Medway Handyman" wrote in
message m...
dennis@home wrote:
"Tim S" wrote in message
.. .
[...]

I don't think anyone understands that. What are you on about?

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

"Bob Eager" wrote in message

Oh dear what an ignorant clot.. what exactly is the cycle speed
limit on a
forest path?
I will give you a clue.. I know of no one that can exceed it on a
cycle.

Oh dear...having been proved wrong, he's wriggling as usual...

Are you trying to be a moron or is it natural?
I know what the speed limits are on roads but as I was at CP and the
clipstone forest they are irrelevant.
So now you have been shown to be talking out of your arse you try to
make out that I am wriggling rather than that you were too stupid to
read the thread.

MRD.

??

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk

Posted to uk.d-i-y

dennis@home wrote:
"The Medway Handyman" wrote in

Oh FFS. You decided to try & be clever and not tell anyone what the speed
limit for a cycle was. Then you became anal again & said;

I will give you a clue.. I know of no one that can exceed it on a
cycle.

So its less than 167 mph then?

What you say is illogical.
Nothing I have said says what the limit is and does not specify an
upper limit.
If you think it does then you need to learn English.

I'll type this slowly Dennis, so you might understand it. The speed record
for a cycle is 167 mph. Might we be right in assuming that the speed limit
is less than this?

So, tell us all, oh clever one, what is the speed limit for a cycle?

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:
On Sat, 4 Jul 2009 23:19:14 UTC, "dennis@home"
wrote:

snip
[...]

Dennis has clearly never been to planet Earth...

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , The Medway
Handyman writes
wrote:

"Clot" wrote in message
dennis@home wrote:
"The Medway Handyman" wrote in
message m...
dennis@home wrote:
"Tim S" wrote in message
.. .
[...]

What do you expect from someone who goes to butlins on holiday

--
geoff
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 05 Jul 2009 23:41:29 +0100, John Rumm
had this to say:

wrote:
On 5 Jul,
The Natural Philosopher wrote:

I don't think the highway code specifically addresses cyclists with
regard to the speed limits - though it does say that they should obey
'all traffic signs'.

Indeed. Though few ever do.

IIRC someone was even hauled up for exceeding the 30mph speed limit on a
horse..

Speed limits apply only to motor vehicles (except for cycles in Royal Parks).
However you can be done for riding furiously on a cycle or horse.

I recall also reading that if you commit a traffic violation on a cycle
and you are stopped, you can end up having your drivers license endorsed
- but only if you are carrying it with you at the time. Anyone know if
this is true?

It does seem stupid that kids of, say, 12 years old, caught TWOCing
are often banned from driving for three or four years - long before
they could hold a driving licence anyway.
Actually, IMBW, but I have an idea that 'riding furiously' on a
bicycle is no longer a specific offence.

--
Frank Erskine
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Mon, 06 Jul 2009 00:19:46 +0100, Frank Erskine wrote:

On Sun, 05 Jul 2009 23:41:29 +0100, John Rumm
had this to say:

wrote:
On 5 Jul,
[...]

I'd always assumed that the ban only kicked in once they were old enough to
apply for a licence, but I'm probably wrong.

SteveW

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Steve Walker" wrote in message
.. .
On Mon, 06 Jul 2009 00:19:46 +0100, Frank Erskine wrote:

On Sun, 05 Jul 2009 23:41:29 +0100, John Rumm
had this to say:

wrote:
On 5 Jul,
[...]

From when they get a licence.. if they don't apply it will be put on when
they do.
Not that it makes any difference to that sort of criminal.

SteveW

Posted to uk.d-i-y

dennis@home wrote:
"The Medway Handyman" wrote in

Oh FFS. You decided to try & be clever and not tell anyone what the speed
limit for a cycle was. Then you became anal again & said;

I will give you a clue.. I know of no one that can exceed it on a
cycle.

So its less than 167 mph then?

What you say is illogical.
Nothing I have said says what the limit is and does not specify an
upper limit.
If you think it does then you need to learn English.

I'll type this slowly Dennis, so you might understand it. The speed
record for a cycle is 167 mph. Might we be right in assuming that the
speed limit is less than this?

So, tell us all, oh clever one, what is the speed limit for a cycle?

I will say this very slowly for you as you are thick..

The speed record has nothing to do with speed limits!
This means that your 167 mph figure means nothing.

As you really are thick I will attempt to explain it to you in simple
terms..

The sub thread you decided to reply to was about riding a bike at center
parcs..
this is private land and does not have legal speed limits for cycles (or
even ones for cars set out in law).
therefore there are no speed limits for cycles and I still know of no one
that can exceed them.
(the same applies to the forest area also talked about BTW)

Now why not go and play until you learn to read what others are saying.
It will stop you jumping in with what you think are smart post which are
actually pretty stupid.
I would have thought you would have learned by now that you don't have the
comprehension levels to understand half of what you read, but as you haven't
I will have to tell you very slowly that you don't understand half of what
you read!

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Tim S" wrote in message
.. .
dennis@home wibbled:

"Tim S" wrote in message
.. .
DIY aircon underpants anyone?...

I just booked Cernterparcs and have been relaxing in the pools. 8-)

I love CP, no - the kids do, I only go for them *cough*...

The best one I found was Erpeheide in Belgium - which one are you at?

Can't get me out of those tube slides

Is CP something found in BDSM websites?

Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"geoff" wrote in message

What do you expect from someone who goes to butlins on holiday

Maxie, do you play with your Paddy band in Butlins? Fantastic! Absolutely
fabulous.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

dennis@home wrote:
this is private land and does not have legal speed limits for cycles (or
even ones for cars set out in law).

I think you'll find that the road traffic acts apply to land where the
public has access. Which most likely includes these places.

Andy

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , "dennis@home"
writes

"The Medway Handyman" wrote in
message om...
dennis@home wrote:
[...]

The way you presented it really doesn't read that way. You specifically
say that you couldn't on a bike, but infer that you could using some
other form of transport

--
geoff
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Andy Champ wrote:
dennis@home wrote:
this is private land and does not have legal speed limits for cycles
(or even ones for cars set out in law).

I think you'll find that the road traffic acts apply to land where the
public has access. Which most likely includes these places.

Andy

I don't think so

Dave
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Andy Champ" wrote in message
. uk...
dennis@home wrote:
this is private land and does not have legal speed limits for cycles (or
even ones for cars set out in law).

I think you'll find that the road traffic acts apply to land where the
public has access. Which most likely includes these places.

I think you will find the public is actively discouraged as well as having a
big fence to keep them out.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Dave" wrote in message
Andy Champ wrote:
dennis@home wrote:
this is private land and does not have legal speed limits for cycles (or
even ones for cars set out in law).

I think you'll find that the road traffic acts apply to land where the
public has access. Which most likely includes these places.

Andy

I don't think so

Neither do I.
The British GP would be interesting with a 70 mph limit on it.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"geoff" wrote in message

"Careful you don't exceed the speed limit Dennis

I don't know of any person that could exceed the speed limit on a bike"

The way you presented it really doesn't read that way. You specifically
say that you couldn't on a bike, but infer that you could using some other
form of transport

You will have to explain where I infer anything about another vehicle.

As it happens there are speed limits that apply everywhere in the UK.. you
are not allowed to travel supersonic in mainland airspace.
If you know someone that flys and cycles at supersonic speeds then you may
name them so they can be corrected.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

dennis@home wrote:
"geoff" wrote in message

"Careful you don't exceed the speed limit Dennis

I don't know of any person that could exceed the speed limit on a
bike" The way you presented it really doesn't read that way. You
specifically say that you couldn't on a bike, but infer that you
could using some other form of transport

You will have to explain where I infer anything about another vehicle.

As it happens there are speed limits that apply everywhere in the
UK.. you are not allowed to travel supersonic in mainland airspace.
If you know someone that flys and cycles at supersonic speeds then
you may name them so they can be corrected.

Dennis. Henceforth known in these parts as 'Teflon Dennis'. Nothing
f*cking sticks.

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk

Posted to uk.d-i-y

dennis@home wrote:
"The Medway Handyman" wrote in

Oh FFS. You decided to try & be clever and not tell anyone what the
speed limit for a cycle was. Then you became anal again & said;

I will give you a clue.. I know of no one that can exceed it on a
cycle.

So its less than 167 mph then?

What you say is illogical.
Nothing I have said says what the limit is and does not specify an
upper limit.
If you think it does then you need to learn English.

I'll type this slowly Dennis, so you might understand it. The speed
record for a cycle is 167 mph. Might we be right in assuming that
the speed limit is less than this?

So, tell us all, oh clever one, what is the speed limit for a cycle?

I will say this very slowly for you as you are thick..

Dennis, please show some imagination. Think up your own one liners FFS.

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Andy Champ wrote:
dennis@home wrote:
this is private land and does not have legal speed limits for cycles
(or even ones for cars set out in law).

I think you'll find that the road traffic acts apply to land where the
public has access. Which most likely includes these places.

"The Road Traffic Act 1991 amended sections 1 to 3 of the Road Traffic Act
1988 and enables prosecutions to be brought for causing death by dangerous
driving, dangerous driving, careless and inconsiderate driving of a
mechanically propelled vehicle in a public place off the highway. A public
place might include moorlands, common land or Sites of Special Scientific
Interest (SSSIs) and has been held by the courts to mean an area to which
the public at large have access or that the public have express or implied
permission to access from the Land Owner."

Now watch Teflon Dennis slip out of that one...

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"The Medway Handyman" wrote in message
om...

Dennis, please show some imagination. Think up your own one liners FFS.

whooosh, again!!!!!
TMH needs subtitles.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Andy Champ wrote:
dennis@home wrote:
this is private land and does not have legal speed limits for cycles
(or even ones for cars set out in law).

I think you'll find that the road traffic acts apply to land where the
public has access. Which most likely includes these places.

"The Road Traffic Act 1991 amended sections 1 to 3 of the Road Traffic Act
1988 and enables prosecutions to be brought for causing death by dangerous
driving, dangerous driving, careless and inconsiderate driving of a
mechanically propelled vehicle in a public place off the highway. A public
place might include moorlands, common land or Sites of Special Scientific
Interest (SSSIs) and has been held by the courts to mean an area to which
the public at large have access or that the public have express or implied
permission to access from the Land Owner."

Now watch Teflon Dennis slip out of that one...

I all ready have but you were too stupid to notice.

Anyway you are reading the wrong google hits.. try this one..

s.34 refers to a motor vehicle, the definition of a motor vehicle for the
purpose of the RTA being 'intended or adapted for use on a road'. A
motorbike designed for off-road purposes would certainly not meet this
criteria.

Since you have no idea what type of cycle I have you are just clutching at
straws that aren't there.

I also think you are really stupid in that you think that inventing
scenarios where my statement "that I know of no cyclist that can break a non
existent speed limit" is wrong, as being clever.
It isn't and the fact you think it is is just an indication of your
problems.
Take my advice and STFU and you will sound far more intelligent.
I can also go back to ignoring your tripe.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

The Medway Handyman wrote:
dennis@home wrote:
"geoff" wrote in message

"Careful you don't exceed the speed limit Dennis

I don't know of any person that could exceed the speed limit on a
bike" The way you presented it really doesn't read that way. You
specifically say that you couldn't on a bike, but infer that you
could using some other form of transport

You will have to explain where I infer anything about another
vehicle. As it happens there are speed limits that apply everywhere in
the
UK.. you are not allowed to travel supersonic in mainland airspace.
If you know someone that flys and cycles at supersonic speeds then
you may name them so they can be corrected.

Dennis. Henceforth known in these parts as 'Teflon Dennis'. Nothing
f*cking sticks.

His understanding of language and logic are superb. Reminds me of a
sub-tribe inhabiting the HoP. Oh no! Is that what he is practising for?

Bloody B&Q again [email protected] UK diy 9 October 20th 06 09:24 AM
It's too bloody hot for tiling.... Dan delaMare-Lyon UK diy 17 July 3rd 06 01:47 PM
BLOODY ScrewFix [email protected] UK diy 64 February 25th 06 11:31 PM
Bloody Woodchip!!! John UK diy 21 April 11th 05 08:13 PM
Bloody Winds Simmmy Home Repair 2 January 8th 05 08:35 PM