Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Rumm John Rumm is offline

Default Bloody hell it's hot

wrote:
On 5 Jul,
The Natural Philosopher wrote:

I don't think the highway code specifically addresses cyclists with
regard to the speed limits - though it does say that they should obey
'all traffic signs'.

Indeed. Though few ever do.

IIRC someone was even hauled up for exceeding the 30mph speed limit on a
horse..

Speed limits apply only to motor vehicles (except for cycles in Royal Parks).
However you can be done for riding furiously on a cycle or horse.

I recall also reading that if you commit a traffic violation on a cycle
and you are stopped, you can end up having your drivers license endorsed
- but only if you are carrying it with you at the time. Anyone know if
this is true?

--
Cheers,

John.